[Amazon Canada] Etekcity Essential Oil Diffuser Cool Mist Humidifier $16.99

Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
14809 posts
18058 upvotes
ONTARIO
Kittun wrote:
Jul 11th, 2017 1:22 pm
I read reviews saying that you should only fill it 60-70% full with water or it won't work as well. If you fill it up to the max it won't start working properly until some of the liquid is gone
Thanks!
I just figured that out on my own lol. Kind of disappointing. I read the manual again and it mentions if it's not misting properly than it could be too much water (despite my only putting in no more than 300ml heh). I poured some out (to about 250ml) and the mist is definitely stronger. No where near as strong as that youtube video, but strong enough that I can now smell the scent all throughout the room. So now I am much happier.
Jun 18, 2012
196 posts
111 upvotes
BobSagget wrote:
Jul 11th, 2017 1:25 pm
Thanks!
I just figured that out on my own lol. Kind of disappointing. I read the manual again and it mentions if it's not misting properly than it could be too much water (despite my only putting in no more than 300ml heh). I poured some out (to about 250ml) and the mist is definitely stronger. No where near as strong as that youtube video, but strong enough that I can now smell the scent all throughout the room. So now I am much happier.
I actually haven't even bought this diffuser yet :P I'm not sure if I really need it or if I just want it. It seems like a lot of people are happy with it though so I'm still considering it!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 26, 2002
9934 posts
2938 upvotes
Toronto, ON
BurnsWRC wrote:
Jul 11th, 2017 1:24 pm
Yep bought those yesterday. Have you tried them before? any feedback?
I ended up getting the ArtNaturals Aromatherapy Top-16 Essentials Oil set for $18.22:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01M1A ... UTF8&psc=1

I think the promotion/discount is gone (or it's out of stock) as it's now listed as $99! Definitely worth trying for $18... Looks like I'll have to return the 6-bottle set by Radha Beauty.
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
14809 posts
18058 upvotes
ONTARIO
rvs007 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2017 1:41 pm
I ended up getting the ArtNaturals Aromatherapy Top-16 Essentials Oil set for $18.22:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01M1A ... UTF8&psc=1

I think the promotion/discount is gone (or it's out of stock) as it's now listed as $99! Definitely worth trying for $18... Looks like I'll have to return the 6-bottle set by Radha Beauty.
I was just about to post and say "hey you should get the 16 pack it's only $18" but then when I went to grab the link I noticed it was now up to $99!! Wow. Glad I got in on that deal when I did.
I received my ArtNaturals lavender essential oils today (with bonus "chi" and "zen" oils). I really like the smell of the lavender and zen one. Chi one not so much. Reminds me too much of tiger balm. Can't wait to check out all the different kinds in the 16 pack.
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
14809 posts
18058 upvotes
ONTARIO
cthakker wrote:
Jul 11th, 2017 5:50 pm
Deal Dead. Code no longer works.
Code is still mentioned on the product page. Are you using the right one? OP originally posted the wrong code and it was never fixed. The code to use is SALTWQZP
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
14809 posts
18058 upvotes
ONTARIO
Looks like the original $16.99 deal is over, but there's a new promotion for $19.99 using coupon code FZUN9V6Y. Not as good as the $16.99 price, but still pretty good at only $3 more.

I've been using mine almost every day since I bought it a month ago and I really love it. I use essential oils and also fragrant oils. It lasts sooo long when you fill it to the max 300ml. It's great.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
1463 posts
620 upvotes
BobSagget wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 5:29 am
Looks like the original $16.99 deal is over, but there's a new promotion for $19.99 using coupon code FZUN9V6Y. Not as good as the $16.99 price, but still pretty good at only $3 more.

I've been using mine almost every day since I bought it a month ago and I really love it. I use essential oils and also fragrant oils. It lasts sooo long when you fill it to the max 300ml. It's great.
Only problem is that most of the reviews are fake. And the real reviews say that it only really starts working and diffusing at the 100ml or 200ml mark.
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Fido CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 2gb $33/month
3 Logitech X-230 Speakers (150% PM at Staples) = $13 each (I bought 3!)[/B]
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
14809 posts
18058 upvotes
ONTARIO
deal_king wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 7:05 am
Only problem is that most of the reviews are fake. And the real reviews say that it only really starts working and diffusing at the 100ml or 200ml mark.
It's true that it diffuses better with less liquid, but it still diffuses when you fill it to max. The strength of the mist is just noticeably weaker and doesn't appear stronger for about an hour or two. Despite the weaker mist at the beginning, the scent of the oils still saturates the entire room within a minute, so I am happy with it.
Mar 10, 2012
637 posts
119 upvotes
Ottawa
RiftOfChaos wrote:
Jul 7th, 2017 1:57 pm
So what are the real world applications to this?

Does it help with dry scalp, skin, etc?
It'll destroy your non waterproof electronics.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
2055 posts
646 upvotes
YUL/YVR
How often do these promo codes come up? $19.99 isn't bad....but of course, $16.99 would have been better. That's like having another 15% off.
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
14809 posts
18058 upvotes
ONTARIO
Here's a 500ml version for $21
https://www.amazon.ca/VersionTech-Diffu ... l+diffuser

Don't know how it compares to the etekcity version, but might be worth it. Get an extra 200ml of capacity for $1 more.

Edit: I just realized that this one is actually cheaper than the etekcity version ($19.99 + tax). This 500ml version doesn't charge any tax at checkout. Not only is it larger capacity but also cheaper.
I am going to order one and see how it goes.
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
14809 posts
18058 upvotes
ONTARIO
Received the 500ml one today that I linked to above.

So far so good. Obviously too soon to tell how well it is compares to the etekcity version, but if it doesn't break on me or something, I'll be preferring this one over the etekcity version due to the higher capacity alone.

Only thing I don't like, but I will have to get used to is the lid. On the etekcity version it locks into place when you twist it on. This one has no lock. It just sits on top. Granted I doubt the lock would keep the etekcity version from spilling if it was tipped, but it feels more secure with the lock there.

This one also has a high/low mist feature that I like. You can have a strong or weak mist.

Who knows if anyone is reading this thread anymore lol, but I just felt like posting my opinion so far on this one.