• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2017 2:27 pm
[OP]
Banned
Jan 20, 2017
46 posts
20 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Evenflo Triumph LX Convertible Car Seat-Mosaic - $149.87

Really good deal on this car seat, not quite the lowest $145.99 was the lowest but it's pretty close:

https://www.amazon.ca/Evenflo-Triumph-C ... B00HVSVPQ2
13 replies
May 21, 2012
72 posts
45 upvotes
Burlington
As with any car seat, it is a good idea to try it out for fit in your vehicle. In this particular case, the Triumph uses knobs at the side of the seat to tighten the harness. In some vehicles, the shape of the vehicle seat can make it difficult/impossible to turn the knobs when the car seat is installed rear facing.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
1401 posts
206 upvotes
Montreal
This was $140 at best buy on boxing week... Was a nicer colour as well; no mosaic.
Jan 1, 2017
11 posts
8 upvotes
Task514 wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 2:42 am
This was $140 at best buy on boxing week... Was a nicer colour as well; no mosaic.
Thanks! Now if only I could find a time machine for less than 9.97.
Nov 28, 2007
938 posts
112 upvotes
Jamie526 wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 8:44 am
Babies R Us has a better deal on right now on the Evenflo Symphony DLX Platinum All in one $199

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... d=56847696

we bought this car seat 4 months ago for the same price, and I am going back today for another one.
Sure a better deal for $50 more......I have the ones OP posted, I like the knobs, better than the pulls for sure!!
Oct 16, 2010
105 posts
34 upvotes
QTheNukes wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 8:54 am
Sure a better deal for $50 more......I have the ones OP posted, I like the knobs, better than the pulls for sure!!
Yes the knobs is a bonus over the pull, but there are a few reasons why the Symphony DLX is worth the extra $50.

Symphony DLX is rated to 110lbs vs the Trimuph LX's 65lb max rating;
it doesn't appear that the Triumph has the "SureLATCH" system where the Symphony does. If you are going to be swapping this seat from car-to-car, the sure latch is effortless and tightens better than using a seatbelt;
Platinum DLX has the upgraded "temperature -regulating" fabric to keep baby cooler on long car trips, the Triumph LX does not.
Jan 5, 2017
14 posts
2 upvotes
GTA
I had one of these and the fabric on it starts to go all fuzzy after a few months. Otherwise, its ok.
Oct 16, 2010
105 posts
34 upvotes
So I took a chance on the Triumph LX and purchased it this week. Tried the floor model with my child, knobs worked well, but once I installed my new seat into our vehicle it made it near impossible to turn the knob enough to tighten it safely My wife physically cant get it tight enough. As well, the seat material is way cheaper feeling than the Symphony DLX. Now Toys R Us wont take the seat back because it has been opened.

I called Evenflo and they are sending us a free Symphony LX and a replacement seat, with instructions to destroy the Triumph LX when the new seat gets here.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 1969
1623 posts
1007 upvotes
Mordor
Jamie526 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2017 9:37 am
So I took a chance on the Triumph LX and purchased it this week. Tried the floor model with my child, knobs worked well, but once I installed my new seat into our vehicle it made it near impossible to turn the knob enough to tighten it safely My wife physically cant get it tight enough. As well, the seat material is way cheaper feeling than the Symphony DLX. Now Toys R Us wont take the seat back because it has been opened.

I called Evenflo and they are sending us a free Symphony LX and a replacement seat, with instructions to destroy the Triumph LX when the new seat gets here.
wow, that's customer service!!!!!!!! can i come pick it up? i will help to "destroy it"...
May 23, 2007
203 posts
79 upvotes
I have 2 of these. Great seats. I love the knob system. They are a little difficult to turn when in the rear-facing position, but we got used to it. It was worse in one car, where the seats plunged down a lot more where the seat meets the back rest. Now that they are front facing, it is a non issue. I prefer the knob over the strap I have on another seat as it is much easier too tighten up.

No issue with fabric quality as well. Nothing fancy, but does the job.

The latch system is just a simple latch, but since I do everything in my ability not to switch the seats, it hasn't been an issue. If I had been switching the seats on a weekly basis, something that let you do it faster may have been nice. If you're switching seats that often though, it might be better just to get a second one. Save the aggravation.

Only negative is that they are very wide. I was hoping to put them side by side and leave a window seat available for an extra passenger, but just not possible with these seats in my cars. I have to have them on the outside spots. From reading, if you want to have seats side by side (To leave a free spot, or to have 3 across), you should look at the Radian by Diono.

EDIT: Forgot to mention: I love the "Infinite Slide" for the straps. You don't need to remove the seat to adjust it if you're putting in a different height child, or if your kid has outgrown the setting. Just slide it up or down :). I don't know if this is standard on other seats, but one of my other seats does not have this feature.
Oct 16, 2010
105 posts
34 upvotes
ShadowMordor wrote:
Feb 21st, 2017 10:21 am
wow, that's customer service!!!!!!!! can i come pick it up? i will help to "destroy it"...
I actually have to send pics of the cut up straps, and padding as well as write "Trash" on both sides in marker. I asked if there was a better way, maybe call Toys R Us and get them to take it back in return, but no deal. They said Toys R Us wont listen to them and Evenflo would rather trash it than have to pay shipping costs.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 1969
1623 posts
1007 upvotes
Mordor
Jamie526 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2017 12:45 pm
I actually have to send pics of the cut up straps, and padding as well as write "Trash" on both sides in marker. I asked if there was a better way, maybe call Toys R Us and get them to take it back in return, but no deal. They said Toys R Us wont listen to them and Evenflo would rather trash it than have to pay shipping costs.
That's too bad...you could have ended up with 2 car seats!
but i like the way they said you have to cut up the seat to prevent over-abuse of their policy....i respect that.
Oct 16, 2010
105 posts
34 upvotes
It's pretty detailed.... I have to cut up the straps as well as the padding and they suggest that I discard the padding in one garbage bag, the straps in the other, and the seat in a 3rd location to prevent someone from trying to "Frankenstein" the seat back together. I had a friend cut straps out of a seat then put it out on the curb for bulky item collection, and someone took the seat with no harness!! Hopefully they weren't using it as a car seat for a kid!!
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel