[OP]
Sep 1, 2015
140 posts
48 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON

[Amazon Canada] [Expired]August Smart Lock Pro + Connect Bundle 15% off

Edit: Deal is dead, price is up to $330

I've being watch this for a long time.
this is 3rd gen with z-wave pro plus built-in. Can sell the Connect bridge if you plan to manage it with another z-wave hub.
Good deal for those who want to upgrade to smart lock and don't want to/can't change whole deadbolt.
can PM with bestbuy for more discounts too: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/au ... ct-silver/
Last edited by finnoob on Jan 11th, 2018 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
17 replies
Nov 23, 2011
186 posts
99 upvotes
Off topic, but I actually bought the 1st Gen August lock form Bestbuy when they were discontinuing for $199 and they accidentally sent me the 3rd gen with connect bundle.

I love the unit but sometimes it takes a while to load when you're trying to access remotely.
[OP]
Sep 1, 2015
140 posts
48 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
mickman wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 12:40 pm
sometimes it takes a while to load when you're trying to access remotely.
yah, when my order arrives I will just manage the lock using smarthings hub instead of August's app.
[OP]
Sep 1, 2015
140 posts
48 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
lifeisfuneh wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 1:10 pm
This is NOT hot ....
I agree the price is not hot compare to other standard z-wave locks.
but people who can't or don't want to change whole deadbolt this might be the only choice...
Nov 22, 2009
212 posts
140 upvotes
I hate this product! Seriously works only 90-95% of the time. That 5% is when you have your hands full, raining or your angry wife who didn’t agree with the installation in the first place!
Jul 31, 2015
290 posts
153 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I got the 2nd gen on Amazon Prime Day for $160 CND. It's fantastic and works with HomeKit via the Apple TV bridge. No separate bridge connect required. HomeKit works way faster than the August app for me. I never carry my house keys anymore.

Also, at first the August Lock didn't fit my deadbolt. The screws to latch the August Lock to the door were too short. Turns out my deadbolt wasn't supported and August said they couldn't help me out with longer screws (which some people were able to get shipped if they called support). I went to Home Depot and picked up longer screws for $2 and it fit the August Lock perfectly with my door.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20826 posts
10061 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
I can't bring myself to buying this garbage overpriced August door lock when I have a perfectly fine Yale lock that's a million times better sitting in a box at home. Can't install it due to the god damn condo rules.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
May 12, 2014
1577 posts
1040 upvotes
Montreal
nasa25 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 4:15 pm
Can't install it due to the god damn condo rules.
Get yourself elected to the board on a platform of deregulation.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20826 posts
10061 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
FrancisBacon wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 4:50 pm
Get yourself elected to the board on a platform of deregulation.
Lol funny you should say this. A few minutes ago I read the minutes of our annual meeting. Tons of codgers complaining about bullshit I might just have to run for a spot on the board. Deregulated locks for everyone!
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
24927 posts
11219 upvotes
Ottawa
nasa25 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 6:03 pm
Lol funny you should say this. A few minutes ago I read the minutes of our annual meeting. Tons of codgers complaining about bullshit I might just have to run for a spot on the board. Deregulated locks for everyone!
You got my vote...FREEDOM!
Banned
Jan 10, 2018
5 posts
I don't understand, Wouldn't it be better for the price to buy a smart deadbolt?
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
2457 posts
363 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
We received this as a gift for Christmas and love it. We have 3 door locks already all keyed the same, and only 1 we cared to put a smart lock on so this was perfect for us. We're quite happy with it so far and have no complaints. The door sense addition is great and we have no problems.
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
10844 posts
6171 upvotes
Richmond Hill
This thing is so big and hideous. Wife gave me nothing but dirty looks when I brought it up and she's right lol.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)