Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] [Expired Hot Deal] Seasonic M12 EVO 620W Fully Modular PSU [80plus Bronze] @ $79.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2018 2:39 pm
[OP]
Jun 14, 2013
12 posts
15 upvotes
Brampton

[Amazon Canada] [Expired Hot Deal] Seasonic M12 EVO 620W Fully Modular PSU [80plus Bronze] @ $79.99

A great powersupply with a 5 year manufacturer warranty. I haven't had any problems with any SeaSonic powersupplies in the past and they have been a great OEM for when the first HX520 and HX620 launched for Corsair, but these ones are fully modular.

You can check out the review on HardOCP to check things out if you are still unsure of buying Seasonic.

EDIT: Looks like it up to 89.99, the 10 dollar difference in buying it available on Newegg or Canada Computers would be a better option with the mail in rebate available, but as others have mentioned it is an outdated model that uses a quadruple 12V rail. Although I can't account for noise as I've had little issue with noise from these power supplies in the past.
Last edited by DrChau on Dec 8th, 2018 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
7 replies
Jan 3, 2008
824 posts
155 upvotes
W.GTA
I have a defective Corsair HX750 sitting around, hope these are better build. Now I will always have a spare PSU ready to rock, went with EVGA this time.
Public Mobile
Apr 1, 2017
401 posts
629 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I second the Seasonic Focus/Focus Plus series. The M12 is a refresh of the S12, which is an outdated platform from over 10 years ago. They're loud, group regulated and lack proper protections under load. There's no reason to buy them at this price. You have far better options. In fact, they've gone as low as $50 before and even then, I wouldn't recommend them.

On the other hand, the Seasonic Focus (semi-modular) Gold and Focus Plus (modular) Gold are excellent choices. The former has 7 years warranty, and the latter has 10 years. Check out expert reviews. I have seen prices as low as $65-$85 (650W) or even better when combined with eBay coupons.
Blowing all savings from RFD on deals from RFD 😂
Nov 22, 2009
536 posts
379 upvotes
I ordered a Focus Gold 750W for the same price during BF. There were also a bunch of other great PSUs going on sale at that same time, I would honestly hold out for boxing day.
Jul 21, 2015
9 posts
8 upvotes
North York, ON
neonic wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 12:50 pm
If you're willing to handle MIR stuff, this should be a far better option:

https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... _id=123982

For $5 (maybe 7-8 with postal) more.
I'm actually currently debating ordering this one or the Corsair TX850M from Canada Computers for my new build, both have 20MIR and are about the same price.

Both are listed as Tier A on a PSU tier-list I found online.
Jul 20, 2016
823 posts
353 upvotes
Toronto
Adzegg wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 1:26 pm
I'm actually currently debating ordering this one or the Corsair TX850M from Canada Computers for my new build, both have 20MIR and are about the same price.

Both are listed as Tier A on a PSU tier-list I found online.
Unless you really need those extra 200W, Seasonic Focus Plus one should be better in any other aspect. Fully modular, 10 year warranty, ... and it's a Seasonic (not being a "fanboy" - they do good stuff); Corsair's TX850W is made by a not so famous OEM (Great Wall), which isn't a bad thing, but not as good I guess.

aintic wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 1:15 pm
I second the Seasonic Focus/Focus Plus series. The M12 is a refresh of the S12, which is an outdated platform from over 10 years ago. They're loud, group regulated and lack proper protections under load. There's no reason to buy them at this price. You have far better options. In fact, they've gone as low as $50 before and even then, I wouldn't recommend them.

On the other hand, the Seasonic Focus (semi-modular) Gold and Focus Plus (modular) Gold are excellent choices. The former has 7 years warranty, and the latter has 10 years. Check out expert reviews. I have seen prices as low as $65-$85 (650W) or even better when combined with eBay coupons.
Yeah, actually there was a M12 at that time (I bought a S12+ in 2006-7, couldn't afford a M12 haha)
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)