• Mar 18th, 2019 12:51 pm
[OP]
Nov 25, 2015
31 posts
61 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

[Amazon Canada] *EXPIRED* Samsung Galaxy Watch Active $253.52+HST

***DEAL HAS EXPIRED***

Amazon.ca is offering the new Samsung Galaxy Watch Active for $299.99 and if you scroll down you can add on a free Samsung Wireless Charging Pad for free. However, when you make the purchase, the total price of $299.99+HST is allocated between the two items as follows:

Samsung Galaxy Watch Active = $253.52+HST
Samsung Wireless Charging Pad = $46.47+HST

The two items will be shipped separately as they already have the wireless charging pad available for sale while the watch is yet to be released. After placing the order and the wireless charging pad has been shipped, you can cancel it immediately and the item will not be delivered and will be returned to Amazon.ca and you will receive a refund for the wireless charging pad's allocated price of $46.47+HST. This opportunity will only last until end of March 14th at 11:59PM.

EDIT: Spelling errors corrected and images added for clarification
Images
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 1.52.04 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 1.52.33 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 1.52.48 AM.png
Last edited by KennyTKO on Mar 15th, 2019 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
26 replies
Sep 3, 2017
99 posts
104 upvotes
Hmm

I have done similar loopholes like this one with the instant pot + book but this seems risky:

If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.

They may claw back the difference even if it initially shows otherwise.
Dec 26, 2010
852 posts
524 upvotes
Was thinking of getting one but it seems like it doesn't have ANT+ for external sensors.
Aug 8, 2010
147 posts
64 upvotes
Quebec
hjkimbrian wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 8:00 am
Was thinking of getting one but it seems like it doesn't have ANT+ for external sensors.
I confirm it does not have ANT+, only WIfi and BT. Most HR sensors are Bluetooth nowadays though?
Dec 26, 2010
852 posts
524 upvotes
jslabonte wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 8:08 am

I confirm it does not have ANT+, only WIfi and BT. Most HR sensors are Bluetooth nowadays though?
Even to set up external sensors it looks like it requires a watch face that is no longer available (For Galaxy Watch - you had to buy it). I have a Garmin HRM that's ANT only, not sure if they have any Bluetooth ones? I have Wahoo Cadence/Speed sensors that are Bluetooth capable.
Dec 25, 2016
1 posts
After placing the order and the wireless charging pad has been shipped, you can cancel it immediately and the item will not be delivered and will be returned to Amazon.ca
Do you have to wait for a shipment notification before cancelling? At that point wouldn't it be too late to cancel and you would have to receive the item before returning?
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1290 posts
300 upvotes
I wonder if Samsung Pay will work in Canada on this one. It looks like it's enabled in the U.S., but that doesn't always mean it'll work on the Canadian model.
[OP]
Nov 25, 2015
31 posts
61 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
toastedbread wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 11:12 am
Do you have to wait for a shipment notification before cancelling? At that point wouldn't it be too late to cancel and you would have to receive the item before returning?
In my case, I had submitted a cancellation request after it had shipped (see attached photos). I then got a notification that they I refused the delivery and that they will be returning to the seller directly. I suppose you could still initiate a product return with postage covered by Amazon.ca in the case that it does get delivered to you.
Images
  • 1.png
  • 2.png
[OP]
Nov 25, 2015
31 posts
61 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
zero64 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 11:23 am
I wonder if Samsung Pay will work in Canada on this one. It looks like it's enabled in the U.S., but that doesn't always mean it'll work on the Canadian model.
Oh man, I hadn't thought of that. I really hope that isn't the case and that it does in fact work in Canada as that was one of the main selling points for me purchasing this watch since I bank with RBC and only Samsung Pay and Apple Pay supports RBC.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3596 posts
1176 upvotes
Montreal
zero64 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 11:23 am
Samsung Pay works on previous Gear models, so not sure why this would be a concern? There are only a few banks/credit cards supported on the platform in Canada, but other than this i see no reason to expect issues using it in Canada.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1290 posts
300 upvotes
GT!! wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 5:29 pm
Samsung Pay works on previous Gear models, so not sure why this would be a concern? There are only a few banks/credit cards supported on the platform in Canada, but other than this i see no reason to expect issues using it in Canada.
No, it does not work on the Gear S2 in Canada. The hardware is there to support it (the U.S. models have it) but Samsung won't enable it in Canada. A rep told me that there was no timeline on when it may happen either (which probably means never).
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
4740 posts
1055 upvotes
Still trying to understand the appeal of smartwatches. Pretty useless as i have my phone in my pocket.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3596 posts
1176 upvotes
Montreal
zero64 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 10:35 pm
No, it does not work on the Gear S2 in Canada. The hardware is there to support it (the U.S. models have it) but Samsung won't enable it in Canada. A rep told me that there was no timeline on when it may happen either (which probably means never).
Really? I have a Gear Sport and as far as I know it works on it (but can't really validate since I don't have a card that works with it).

Edit: Thinking about this some more … if the hardware is there, then how do they stop it from working in Canada while it works in US? I don't believe they have a different OS build for Canada.
Last edited by GT!! on Mar 14th, 2019 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3596 posts
1176 upvotes
Montreal
Coz4k wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 10:57 pm
Still trying to understand the appeal of smartwatches. Pretty useless as i have my phone in my pocket.
Exactly … it's in your pocket where you can't see its screen. I'm going to wear a watch anyway, might as well make it more useful by having it act as an extension of my phone. Maybe that's useless to you, but to many this has value.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)