Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] FF Forearm Forklift Lifting and Moving Straps, Orange, Model L74995CN - $5.45 (Add-on) (Expired)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2018 7:29 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
4233 posts
4394 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] FF Forearm Forklift Lifting and Moving Straps, Orange, Model L74995CN - $5.45 (Add-on) (Expired)

Update #2 : Price jumps back to 35.48. Deal has expired

Update #1 : Amazon has just taken down the product. DO NOT order this from other sellers unless it is shipped and sold by Amazon.ca

This is sold and Shipped by Amazon.ca, so it should be safer than buying from marketplace sellers. However, a customer from Amazon.com did receive a fake product shipped by Amazon.com, so make sure you verify the product after you receive it. This is made in China, the one made in the USA is way more expensive. Nonetheless, Amazon.com is still selling at $US21 for this China-made one.

Video review to Verify the product:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-revi ... B008ASBLJI

The one is made in USA :
https://www.amazon.ca/Forearm-Forklift- ... B01A9IX5XQ

Description from Amazon Canada :
Forearm lifting straps reduces weight
Adjustable up to 48 inches
Heavy-duty nylon
2 adjustable, leverage straps
Forklift lifting and moving straps
Adjustable up to 48"
Heavy duty nylon

Description from Amazon USA :
Forearm Forklift Lifting Straps- ergonomically designed to encourage proper lifting techniques and reduce back injuries due to heavy and repetitive lifting
Employ Leverage- These straps employ leverage which makes the items being carried seem MUCH lighter, making it much easier to go up and down a flight of stairs, and to turn around corners
Save Floors- Lifting Straps save floors from scratches, dents, scuffs and scrapes that dollies and hand trucks leave behind
3 loop system- Each strap is 9 feet, 4 inches long and adjustable up to 48 inches so you can easily carry SM, MED, LG and XL items
Easily Carry a Variety of Items - Forearm forklift moving and lifting straps are rated up to 800 lbs

Last edited by lcmt on Jul 21st, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.
38 replies
Nov 28, 2011
651 posts
280 upvotes
Toronto
Rip. Thought these were lifting straps from a weightlifting company called Forearm Forklift (cuz you know... Forearms usually ain't that aesthetic)...

Oh well. Thanks OP. Ain't something I need a the moment, but in for 1 because I'll likely move sometime over the next 20 years. Now to just find a place in my house to store them :3
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3410 posts
1009 upvotes
Montreal
Jon Lai wrote:
Jul 21st, 2018 7:45 am
How do you know if you received a fake one?
Maybe start by watching the video link OP posted on how to tell.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
2217 posts
619 upvotes
Thornhill
At this price, it is unlikely to be the real thing.

Sadly, Amazon is putting the company on the brink, as I think it is a good and useful product:

Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
3047 posts
320 upvotes
Hamilton
Wow legitimately feel bad for the guy. I won't be buying these as I'm sure 100% these are the fakes
Mar 2, 2008
496 posts
418 upvotes
BC
I'm guessing these are likely fakes. Amazon's price has been consistently much lower than the manufacturer. Interesting that the other colours are pretty much on par with the manufacturer's pricing, and quite possibly are not fakes.

https://www.forearmforklift.com/all-products/

BTW, if anyone wants to action their outrage about fake products like this, here's a easy way. I'm not guaranteeing results, but it's a start. At the bottom of the initial product information section, there is a link that says "Report incorrect product information." Click the link and add your comments.

Here's my input: "Is this the REAL patented Forearm Forklift product? Seems like there are conflicting reviews, and many are saying these are cheap knockoffs. I'd hate to think Amazon is selling illegal product."
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
4233 posts
4394 upvotes
I cannot guarantee Amazon will or will not send you the fake one. However, I'm sure Amazon will not intend to send you the fake one since this is SOLD and SHIPPED DIRECTLY by Amazon. Besides, according to the product page, it is sending with "Frustration-Free Packaging" which is the real product received by that reviewer. Since there is a way that we can obviously spot the fake one, then let Amazon deal with it. If the fake one is almost like the real one, then we will get the problem.

I have been following this product at Amazon already for a few years. I believe the people received the fake one were purchased from the marketplace sellers in Canada, but not shipped by Amazon. It was shipped from the country Ireland.

adblink182 wrote:
Jul 21st, 2018 9:18 am
Wow legitimately feel bad for the guy. I won't be buying these as I'm sure 100% these are the fakes
brghunter wrote:
Jul 21st, 2018 10:47 am
I'm guessing these are likely fakes. Amazon's price has been consistently much lower than the manufacturer. Interesting that the other colours are pretty much on par with the manufacturer's pricing, and quite possibly are not fakes.

https://www.forearmforklift.com/all-products/

BTW, if anyone wants to action their outrage about fake products like this, here's a easy way. I'm not guaranteeing results, but it's a start. At the bottom of the initial product information section, there is a link that says "Report incorrect product information." Click the link and add your comments.

Here's my input: "Is this the REAL patented Forearm Forklift product? Seems like there are conflicting reviews, and many are saying these are cheap knockoffs. I'd hate to think Amazon is selling illegal product."
nosnoop wrote:
Jul 21st, 2018 8:45 am
At this price, it is unlikely to be the real thing.

Sadly, Amazon is putting the company on the brink, as I think it is a good and useful product:

Last edited by lcmt on Jul 21st, 2018 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 15, 2013
830 posts
394 upvotes
Brampton
If it sold and ships from amazon shouldn't it be legit?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
4233 posts
4394 upvotes
Yes, that's the point. If it is sold by other sellers (even shipped by Amazon), then I will be worried about it. Besides, it seems that it is not hard to check if it is fake.
bigzinc10 wrote:
Jul 21st, 2018 11:24 am
If it sold and ships from amazon shouldn't it be legit?
Nov 6, 2012
234 posts
186 upvotes
Edmonton
Buy real. These things are 100% worth the cost and have been a life/lower back saver for years for me. Picked up mine from Home Depot
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
1702 posts
779 upvotes
Ottawa
These things are great! Moved a 36" fridge with 2 people using this. If you're getting a legit product for this price, it's a steal!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
4233 posts
4394 upvotes
According to the video, you can check few things
(1) width (3 inch) and the length (9 feet and 4 inches/112 inches) of the product
(2) The quality of the product like the thickness of the nylon
(3) The packaging. UPC and/or ASIN# should be found from the outside of the package
(4) The quality of printing material for the product instruction
(5) The label attached to the product

If you still have doubt, you can always contact the manufacturer
https://www.forearmforklift.com/contact-us/

Jon Lai wrote:
Jul 21st, 2018 7:45 am
How do you know if you received a fake one?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)