Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Fire HD 10 Tablet | 10.1" 1080p Full HD Display, 32 GB, Marine Blue (Previous Generation - 7th) - $ 129.99

Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3352 posts
2339 upvotes
Langley
ahammad wrote: Hard to say, but for reference, I have an ancient HP Touchpad with Android 4 on it, that still has a functioning Netflix.
Thanks for the data point...

Hmm. I'm always concerned about that. But I guess at this price point, what are you to expect?
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2016
2209 posts
1814 upvotes
jellytime wrote: Thanks for the data point...

Hmm. I'm always concerned about that. But I guess at this price point, what are you to expect?
That was my thought as well...who knows what Netflix'll do going forward but for the limited use of the device, I am willing to risk it.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
Not sure how people are claiming they got this for "$99" when I'm pretty sure the all-time-low in Canada was $109 ($154-$45 coupon) back in March of this year.

The thing is, Amazon kicked people in the face on Prime Day(s) when they were selling it for more than that; now they kick the faces of people again with $129 when it's on clearance!!! Gimme a break Amazon. Should be $99 this time, tops; and, none of this one-day foolishness either, should be that price until depleted!

Definitely refuse to buy when it's obviously clearance time with the new one coming out on the 30th, and the price on this is just too high. New one will be $199 but should wait for a decent sale before buying that model too. It will very likely be discounted for US Black Friday, I'm guessing somewhere near $150-160 CAD. Sadly the new version only comes in black or white :rolleyes:
Jul 18, 2005
433 posts
204 upvotes
Looking at the product page for the new version and it claims to be 30% faster. Given that marketing usually embellishes things and how slow the previous gen was, that's not sounding too great lol. I still quite like the previous version for the $109 I paid for it. But I only really use it as a VLC/Plex/Netflix player and eBook/comic reader.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2013
1119 posts
1184 upvotes
AB
ES_Revenge wrote: Not sure how people are claiming they got this for "$99" when I'm pretty sure the all-time-low in Canada was $109 ($154-$45 coupon) back in March of this year.

The thing is, Amazon kicked people in the face on Prime Day(s) when they were selling it for more than that; now they kick the faces of people again with $129 when it's on clearance!!! Gimme a break Amazon. Should be $99 this time, tops; and, none of this one-day foolishness either, should be that price until depleted!

Definitely refuse to buy when it's obviously clearance time with the new one coming out on the 30th, and the price on this is just too high. New one will be $199 but should wait for a decent sale before buying that model too. It will very likely be discounted for US Black Friday, I'm guessing somewhere near $150-160 CAD. Sadly the new version only comes in black or white :rolleyes:
iirc a lot of people's delivery was delayed so they haggled at another 10$
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10978 posts
14474 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
X-Nemesis wrote: They really cheaped out on the new tablet with only 2GB of RAM? C'mon bezos you cheap bastard.
Agreed that little piece of the puzzle right there is what makes this 2019 update not too future proof. I guess the Android fork will be Nougat which is a obviously better than 5.1. At $200 the 2019 won’t be a deal. If it goes on Black Friday for $149 it will be good value. Plus maybe by then we will know how easy it is to put the play store on the 2019 version.

This one at $129 isn’t bad, but it isn’t super great considering the OS remains on 5.1. In real life this means games like pokemon Masters won’t install.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
1045 posts
895 upvotes
Kanata
I've been seeing lots of Huawei Mediapad T5s for sale as all the carriers are giving them for free. Ended up getting one for $100 but seeing a few at $150. Only 16 GB though but fine for the same purpose of media and browsing.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2003
5497 posts
2325 upvotes
zywan0124 wrote: You guys are right, probably not really worth it with such dated hardware and software, the overall experience of a Android tablet is till not there, and this one is probably even worse compare to other Android tablet.
I wouldn't buy this tablet for myself. There are much better ones out there.

The only Amazon tablet that is REALLY worth it is the new kids edition tablet. 2 year warranty!! Omg this is amazing. You kid can smash the thing and they will replace it no questions asked. Also the software looks great for kids. I've been trying to find a kid friendly launcher for the one we have now and none are good.
My son is getting one of these for xmas
Jan 23, 2013
147 posts
150 upvotes
okano wrote: i just bought a 10" tablet at the exact same price but more than double the speed from antutu, 4gb ram, 64gb space and 2560x1440 display Winking Face
the only downside of that tablet is that it doesn't have a specific forum in xda :facepalm:
If you guys are looking for a low cost tablets check out Chuwi (available form Alibaba, Banggood etc). I bought an Hi9 Plus and Hi9 Air and the performance is great, specs much better than the Amazon tablets and the cost similar. About the only negative is the shipping time.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2016
3273 posts
5843 upvotes
Toronto
I own this model. I think with $100, it's a good tablet. I just usually put this in my washroom and bring it with me while travelling. Not up to a daily-used tablet standard for me, but watching youtube on a trip or in washroom, this tablet is good enough.

However, $130 is a bit too much..
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3949 posts
3570 upvotes
Markham
szostalo wrote: If you guys are looking for a low cost tablets check out Chuwi (available form Alibaba, Banggood etc). I bought an Hi9 Plus and Hi9 Air and the performance is great, specs much better than the Amazon tablets and the cost similar. About the only negative is the shipping time.
Amazon honours its warranty. Would Chuwi also be so?
Mar 2, 2017
128 posts
146 upvotes
Windsor, ON
Dont buy this if you have a smartphone and use it to do most of your everyday things. Now you are willing to get a tablet to ease things a bit. This is not for you. This can be used as a kids tablet or for elderly people. Now for everyday usage. This will break your patience if you want to use it as an everyday tablet.. I returned it and got a Samsung for 100$ more. Its worth it.
This is junk...
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3352 posts
2339 upvotes
Langley
vjpauto wrote: Dont buy this if you have a smartphone and use it to do most of your everyday things. Now you are willing to get a tablet to ease things a bit. This is not for you. This can be used as a kids tablet or for elderly people. Now for everyday usage. This will break your patience if you want to use it as an everyday tablet.. I returned it and got a Samsung for 100$ more. Its worth it.
This is junk...
which samsung did you get? I'm in the market for a tablet to take with me on business trips so I can watch netflix, youtube, and movies.

Thanks
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3949 posts
3570 upvotes
Markham
jellytime wrote: which samsung did you get? I'm in the market for a tablet to take with me on business trips so I can watch netflix, youtube, and movies.

Thanks
Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video and movies are the apps I am using on this tablet. They run quite well too. I also read eBooks borrowed from public libraries. Nothing wrong with this tablet (current/old gen) running these apps. I would not browse the web on it though as swapping webpages in a browser is a tad slow. I like its HD screen and the loud speakers. I use a microSD card to store movies to be watched on a trip. For my use, it is definitely good value for money at the discount price compared to other brands which may run faster but at much higher prices. Also I installed Nova launcher to replace the stock launcher on this tablet and thus do not see any Amazon ads at all. I installed Vance app instead of the official YouTube app and thus do not see any Google ads on the YouTube videos I am watching.
Mar 5, 2018
312 posts
301 upvotes
I think this thread is full of BS. It appears to be sold out. I would love to buy one at 129. These tablets have recently been exploited. A whole bunch of things are opening up for this tablet. For the specs it's worth it but I mean if u can get it cheaper, sure go ahead. In any case it's cheap BC Amazon figures it is way into your life but like I say they can be removed now
Mar 2, 2017
128 posts
146 upvotes
Windsor, ON
jellytime wrote: which samsung did you get? I'm in the market for a tablet to take with me on business trips so I can watch netflix, youtube, and movies.

Thanks

I have the Galaxy Tab A. Sells for 149$ USD in Bestbuy USA. Its so much better than this crap..
Jan 23, 2013
147 posts
150 upvotes
drdtyc wrote: Amazon honours its warranty. Would Chuwi also be so?
No clue, both units I bought never required repairs. Chuwi website has a bunch of limitations on warranty claims - you may want to look into those. The sellers offer replacement if DOA, but I bet you'll be the one paying for the postage back to China. These are $250 tablets that have specs similar to $800 tablets sold in Canada. Someone needs to make a $ and customer service is the first one to go.