74 upvotes
Ordered one just so I can watch Crave and HBO and Fibe TV on my TV
Jul 30, 2008
84 posts
10 upvotes
GTA
uklamen wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 9:51 am
I use Amazon Prime, Crave, Netflix, and Kodi on them. On Kodi I have the NHL.tv app so I can watch/listen to hockey in bed to fall asleep.
You are pretty much using the same streaming services that I'd like to. Is your Fire TV Stick running the Crave or CraveTV app? I picked up a the Fire TV 4k Stick today, and it appears to have the old Crave TV app on it, and appears to be missing content on it.

I'm trying to side load the Crave app, but Apps2Fire and Downloader don't seem to be working for me.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
3521 posts
1010 upvotes
Parry Sound
sr20de_99 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 3:10 pm
You are pretty much using the same streaming services that I'd like to. Is your Fire TV Stick running the Crave or CraveTV app? I picked up a the Fire TV 4k Stick today, and it appears to have the old Crave TV app on it, and appears to be missing content on it.

I'm trying to side load the Crave app, but Apps2Fire and Downloader don't seem to be working for me.
What's the issue or error? Where are you getting the official APK from? It might be corrupt or incompatible.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2760 posts
1454 upvotes
sr20de_99 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 3:10 pm

I don't have the 4k one yet. Just ordered.

My current firetv stick has the old Crave. My understanding was that the new Crave app will be ported to all the systems over time, not all at once.

Per Crave FAQ:
Q: I am trying to access Crave via Xbox One/Samsung Smart TV/Amazon Fire TV, and it isn’t available. How do I get this content?
A:In the coming weeks, the all-new Crave will be available on all partner platforms.

No idea what coming weeks means :)
Jul 30, 2008
84 posts
10 upvotes
GTA
MayorOfToronto wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 4:45 pm
What's the issue or error? Where are you getting the official APK from? It might be corrupt or incompatible.
I managed to get Apps2Fire to work and transferred the app from my phone to the stick, but the screen looks like it's stretching portrait mode to landscape.
Jul 30, 2008
84 posts
10 upvotes
GTA
uklamen wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 4:48 pm
Per Crave FAQ:
Q: I am trying to access Crave via Xbox One/Samsung Smart TV/Amazon Fire TV, and it isn’t available. How do I get this content?
A:In the coming weeks, the all-new Crave will be available on all partner platforms.

No idea what coming weeks means :)
Yeah, it seems like I've been waiting a couple of years for them to release an Android TV app. All searches lead to a canned response something to the effect of them working on brining Crave to more devices.

I saw Crave TV being advertised on the page for the 4K stick, and thought that I had finally found a device supported most of what I stream. Perhaps I should have given Apple TV a try, I believe the new Crave, Netflix, Amazon Prime and NHL Live work on it.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2760 posts
1454 upvotes
sr20de_99 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 7:28 pm
Yeah, it seems like I've been waiting a couple of years for them to release an Android TV app. All searches lead to a canned response something to the effect of them working on brining Crave to more devices.

I saw Crave TV being advertised on the page for the 4K stick, and thought that I had finally found a device supported most of what I stream. Perhaps I should have given Apple TV a try, I believe the new Crave, Netflix, Amazon Prime and NHL Live work on it.
Crave TV works on Firestick fine. The new version just came out last month, so it makes sense they will take awhile to get it out there. They still don't have one for PS4 yet. Some day they will get it together.

I'm sure they will get it updated in decent time on the firestick. Im not even sure if Crave streams in 4k though.

The NHL Gamecenter is the one that bugs me the most, but the Kodi workaround is ok.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
16036 posts
21668 upvotes
ONTARIO
I got my fire stick today. Only ordered it yesterday morning, so not bad considering what's going on with Canada Post.

Since my country is set to USA on my amazon account, it defaulted to the US version. Giving me all US apps. This will be fun to play with. Just need to set up my smart DNS tonight.
Nov 22, 2018
1 posts
Isbthere a way to rent movies on this? I don’t see a vudi or cineplex app...
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
3521 posts
1010 upvotes
Parry Sound
I got mine from the early posted ad by contacting them.

They only gave me a $20 refund instead of $20+tax

Not a big deal but it's pathetic for a company this big to be greedy over $2 in tax.
May 9, 2006
685 posts
93 upvotes
Mississauga
I installed stbemu but it doesn't want to run:( it says this app is not associated with your amazon account. anyone can help me.
I ordered three of them, I tried on two of them and both of them you can't run stbemu. I didn't have any problem with older firestick basic.
anyone got stbemu installed?
Nov 19, 2009
549 posts
56 upvotes
Laval
BobSagget wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 10:11 am
I got my fire stick today. Only ordered it yesterday morning, so not bad considering what's going on with Canada Post.

Since my country is set to USA on my amazon account, it defaulted to the US version. Giving me all US apps. This will be fun to play with. Just need to set up my smart DNS tonight.
I assume you have Hulu? What other USA apps are there
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
16036 posts
21668 upvotes
ONTARIO
Gary320 wrote:
Nov 24th, 2018 12:30 pm
I assume you have Hulu? What other USA apps are there
Aside from Hulu there's also

A&E
ABC
AMC
BBC America
Bravo Now
Comedy Central
DisneyNOW
ESPN
Fox NOW
FreeForm
FSGO
Hallmark
MTV
NBC
SYFY
TBS
The CW
TLC GO
TNT
WE tv

Plus I assume more.
Jun 12, 2010
605 posts
136 upvotes
YVR
Any good IPTV options for FireStick?
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
3521 posts
1010 upvotes
Parry Sound
wiffle wrote:
Nov 25th, 2018 2:52 am
Any good IPTV options for FireStick?
Yes. Use your Fire TV's voice activated remote to get Alexa to buy you a Dreamlink box from Amazon.