NBC
SYFY
TBS
The CW
TLC GO
TNT
WE tv

Plus I assume more.
Are you paying a different subscription fee for each one? Also, how is the content not geo-blocked? I'm sure Bell and Rogers would have been all over that by now requiring you to use a VPN.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Dec 24, 2007
713 posts
650 upvotes
BC
I have a second TV without a STB, would the Shaw Free Range TV app if sideloaded work on the Fire Stick to stream my Shaw TV channels?
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
2178 posts
1377 upvotes
Oakville
djjungly wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 5:37 pm
I installed stbemu but it doesn't want to run:( it says this app is not associated with your amazon account. anyone can help me.
I ordered three of them, I tried on two of them and both of them you can't run stbemu. I didn't have any problem with older firestick basic.
anyone got stbemu installed?
This is a well known challenge, it needs to see Googe play store for license to work. You won't find your answer here or fire stick forums. You need to search on stbemu related forums on the work around.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
3525 posts
1012 upvotes
Parry Sound
zdpz wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 10:14 am
This is a well known challenge, it needs to see Googe play store for license to work. You won't find your answer here or fire stick forums. You need to search on stbemu related forums on the work around.
In that case @djjungly might want to visit the Amazon Fire TV section of the XDA developers forum.

There are a few threads on how to get Play Services to work on the Fire TV products. I'm not sure if they've updated it for the 4k version but it's worth taking a look.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Dec 24, 2007
713 posts
650 upvotes
BC
My 4K Fire Stick just arrived from Staples. Can confirm that Shaw Free Range app will work flawlessly. You will need to get a modded version of the Shaw app to remove HDMI connection check. Get from XDA shawfreerangetv.leanback422001.apk (bottom of page) and sideload onto the stick.

Register your Shaw account and voila...My stick is connected on 5G Wifi with router and video is very smooth.

Other stuff and tips on how to load Fire stick, check out YouTube video on How to load FireStick..
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
1856 posts
495 upvotes
WetCoastGuy wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 4:42 pm
My 4K Fire Stick just arrived from Staples. Can confirm that Shaw Free Range app will work flawlessly. You will need to get a modded version of the Shaw app to remove HDMI connection check. Get from XDA shawfreerangetv.leanback422001.apk (bottom of page) and sideload onto the stick.

Register your Shaw account and voila...My stick is connected on 5G Wifi with router and video is very smooth.

Other stuff and tips on how to load Fire stick, check out YouTube video on How to load FireStick..
Would be amazing to have the same thing done to the Bell APK.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2003
1328 posts
8 upvotes
BobSagget wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 10:11 am
I got my fire stick today. Only ordered it yesterday morning, so not bad considering what's going on with Canada Post.

Since my country is set to USA on my amazon account, it defaulted to the US version. Giving me all US apps. This will be fun to play with. Just need to set up my smart DNS tonight.
What SmartDNS service are you using? Any suggestions or deals? TIA
ZeeTX Image
Oct 29, 2014
827 posts
519 upvotes
Brampton, ON
BobSagget wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 10:11 am
I got my fire stick today. Only ordered it yesterday morning, so not bad considering what's going on with Canada Post.

Since my country is set to USA on my amazon account, it defaulted to the US version. Giving me all US apps. This will be fun to play with. Just need to set up my smart DNS tonight.
Can you please extract and upload the APK of Hulu for Fire TV? Amazon Canada doesn't provide access to it for obvious reasons.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
16050 posts
21687 upvotes
ONTARIO
ZeeTX wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 9:34 am
What SmartDNS service are you using? Any suggestions or deals? TIA
I usually use unlocator. Not because they are amazing or anything but my unlocator account is glitched and never expires so I use it lol.
Also used Uno Telly as well.
Oct 29, 2014
827 posts
519 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Thanks for the quick upload. The Hulu app installs and loads but immediately shows a "Content not owned. The user is not entitled to this content" error message from Amazon before closing. There's some additional security built in to this app which prevents it from running on my Fire TV Stick.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
16050 posts
21687 upvotes
ONTARIO
GabbyWC wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 2:25 pm
Thanks for the quick upload. The Hulu app installs and loads but immediately shows a "Content not owned. The user is not entitled to this content" error message from Amazon before closing. There's some additional security built in to this app which prevents it from running on a Fire TV Stick that's configured with an Amazon Canada account.
I think you need to "buy" the app first.

Can you go here and try?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F4 ... 0208590011
Afterwards try running the app and see if it works.

Edit: I linked the wrong hulu app at first.

Also no problem. I had actually ripped a bunch of the US APKs a while back and keep them in my dropbox for now.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
16050 posts
21687 upvotes
ONTARIO
Oh ya if it says you are not eligible to own the app due to geo restrictions, you can do this (it's what I do).

Go to your amazon.ca account and click on manage content and devices. Then click on preferences and then click on country/region.
Set it to USA and use a fake US address if you don't have a real one to use.
Afterwards save it and then go back to that link and try again. You will be able to download the app.
Now if you want, you can go back the same country/region setting and set it back to Canada.
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
17130 posts
472 upvotes
Sorry if asked and answered but can you throw Google Play movies to it? Or access them somehow?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3292 posts
546 upvotes
Calgary
Doesn't look like this is going on sale this christmas.