Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Fluke 117/323 ($312.58) and 116/323 ($259.53) Pro Digital Multimeter Combo Kits

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2016 8:16 pm
Nov 16, 2015
375 posts
291 upvotes
t.drizl

[Amazon.ca] Fluke 117/323 ($312.58) and 116/323 ($259.53) Pro Digital Multimeter Combo Kits

Fluke Fluke-117/323 Kit Multimeter and Clamp Meter Combo Kit $312.58 Discount $115.42
https://www.amazon.ca/Fluke-Fluke-117-3 ... B00DTSLWRA
CCC shows this kit is currently on sale for the lowest price ever.

Fluke Fluke-116/323 Kit HVAC Multimeter and Clamp Meter Combo Kit $259.53 Discount $124.47
https://www.amazon.ca/Fluke-Fluke-116-3 ... luke+meter
TO BE CLEAR: This item is (presently) temporarily out of stock. This is a preorder only.
Plug it into CCC and you will find this Amazon Bestseller is the lowest price it has ever been. In fact, it has been over $100 more for almost two years. In my most humble of opinions, it is well worth any wait for a set of not one but two quality Fluke meters at this price.

Comparison: http://www.tequipment.net/fluke/fluke-1 ... 15-vs-114/
Please excuse my son, he's artistic.
13 replies
Oct 13, 2015
219 posts
124 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Thanks, ordered the 116/323 Kit, lowest price for years.
Sep 30, 2010
17 posts
4 upvotes
Quebec
Thanks! Ordered the 117/323 kit, really good prices for two quality kits.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
2145 posts
1789 upvotes
117 kit is in stock.

Can you recommend one for home wiring? Thanks.
Nov 9, 2009
109 posts
238 upvotes
Toronto
Actually looked into buying a multimeter a few weeks ago, thank god i held out. Thanks OP
Nov 16, 2015
375 posts
291 upvotes
t.drizl
kkkat wrote: 117 kit is in stock.

Can you recommend one for home wiring? Thanks.

They're both awesome and way more than you need for house wiring; the only real differences between the 116 and 117 are:
- 116 has a temp sensor, 117 does not
- 116 measures DC microamps but does not do high currents while the 117 will do 10A AC and DC
- 117 has a contactless voltage sensor

Note that the 323 in both kits does 400A AC.

They're selling the 117 alone for about $20 more than the 116 alone, I couldn't justify paying $60 for the voltage sensor when I already have a pen (although having it in one device would be swell, but apparently the accuracy isn't so hot anyway) or the 10A current meter when the 323 already does that (AC only but I never do DC A). The 116 kit is selling for about as much as the 117 by itself. The 323 is going for ~$130. That means the 117 kit isn't the greatest deal compared to the 116 kit if you were to buy each meter separately. It was a no-brainer for me, 116 all the way.
Last edited by pwntiac on Dec 26th, 2016 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3875 posts
5398 upvotes
Oakville
Isn't it easier to measure the high level amps using the 117 than the 323
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
2145 posts
1789 upvotes
hektic wrote: Good Price, but still too rich for my blood

I'm an Electrician, and this is even over kill for me
I'm perfectly happy with my Klein multimeter that I got for 50$
https://www.amazon.ca/Klein-Tools-CL310 ... B003LHIB7I

For home wiring , you really don't need this
This doesn't test continuity. Does it? What do you use to test that? The fluke kits are way over kill for me and I don't see myself needing the clamp meter at all.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3875 posts
5398 upvotes
Oakville
pwntiac wrote: Fluke Fluke-117/323 Kit Multimeter and Clamp Meter Combo Kit $312.58 Discount $115.42
https://www.amazon.ca/Fluke-Fluke-117-3 ... B00DTSLWRA
CCC shows this kit is currently on sale for the lowest price ever.

Fluke Fluke-116/323 Kit HVAC Multimeter and Clamp Meter Combo Kit $259.53 Discount $124.47
https://www.amazon.ca/Fluke-Fluke-116-3 ... luke+meter
TO BE CLEAR: This item is (presently) temporarily out of stock. This is a preorder only.
Plug it into CCC and you will find this Amazon Bestseller is the lowest price it has ever been. In fact, it has been over $100 more for almost two years. In my most humble of opinions, it is well worth any wait for a set of not one but two quality Fluke meters at this price.

Comparison: http://www.tequipment.net/fluke/fluke-1 ... 15-vs-114/

Which one would you recommend for working on small electronics? Arduinos and circuits, etc.
also, for home use the 116 appears better because every home has HVAC that can make use of this.

What do you think?
-ZdpZ... ;)
Nov 16, 2015
375 posts
291 upvotes
t.drizl
Well you're a real electrician, a pretender like me needs all the cred he can get :p

I got one of the mastercraft claws on sale for ~30 and I think it's actually surprisingly good build quality but after throwing out literally three consecutive $20 ebay meters on the same project I'm down for a little overkill.

Fluke is definitely a "luxury" brand, you're certainly way overpaying for the name and slightly better construction. That's why I'm happy to settle for the 116 kit, I figure any money saved is good value.
Isn't it easier to measure the high level amps using the 117 than the 323
I guess it depends on what you mean by high level, the 117 will go to 10. The 323 will go to 400.
This doesn't test continuity. Does it? What do you use to test that? The fluke kits are way over kill for me and I don't see myself needing the clamp meter at all.
Any ohmmeter (resistance) is a continuity tester. The "continuity" setting usually just gives you a clear true/false reading and an audible beep.
Which one would you recommend for working on small electronics? Arduinos and circuits, etc.
Probably the 117, the max DC A on the 116 is really, REALLY tiny. But maybe you need that resolution to test tiny ICs? You'd know better than me.
also, for home use the 116 appears better because every home has HVAC that can make use of this.
Sure but how often do you find yourself testing the microamps of a flame sensor? Maybe that answers your small electronics question, actually.
Aug 28, 2013
147 posts
91 upvotes
Montr
kkkat wrote: This doesn't test continuity. Does it? What do you use to test that? The fluke kits are way over kill for me and I don't see myself needing the clamp meter at all.
Yes there is a continuity setting, also a backlight and magnet on the back of the meter which I find really handy.. it is technically a clamp meter, because the hook acts as a clamp. It's just designed to fit into tight spaces, like inside a messy panel.

The only con is the lack of setting wheel. It auto detects voltage and amperage, but for ohms/continuity you have to press a few buttons.

I also have a Canadian tire mastercraft clamp meter that works well for my backup. It was like 25$ on sale... Although I have , I was a little nervous to test 600v with it.
Aug 21, 2013
301 posts
312 upvotes
Kitchener
hektic wrote: Good Price, but still too rich for my blood

I'm an Electrician, and this is even over kill for me
I'm perfectly happy with my Klein multimeter that I got for 50$
https://www.amazon.ca/Klein-Tools-CL310 ... B003LHIB7I

As an electrician you should appreciate the build quality and safety of a fluke. Eevblog does a good review of multimeters showing how cheaper meters cut costs which can affect the safety.

I use a fluke 87v because I got a deal on it and I want to know for certain that the readings are accurate when dealing with 600v that's been wired by people of questionable competence.
We also use them for low voltage electronics.

For the home of you're going to use it a couple of times a year something like a Klein is probably fine. If you're a professional or need to rely on the readings to be accurate then you should get a fluke it equivalent quality (Keysight or there are a few others)
Oct 11, 2004
816 posts
200 upvotes
Montreal, Qc
As it happens, I am looking for a multimeter.
I currently have those cheap analog Mastercraft ones .
I hate it as it does only 10V DC and then it goes up to 250V DC.
So much for measuring 12V/24V batteries on the analog display.

My main use will be to measure things like batteries and small circuits.
Not sure if a multimeter can help, but my recent hardwiring job killed my dashcam. Voltage shows 5V-ish (again, analog display). Thinking maybe there was a surge or something, so I need something more precise to measure.

What would you guys recommend, other then what the OP posted? The 117 seems a bit expensive and overkill, even if one buys this for a lifetime.

Thanks