Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Franklin Stud Finder 49.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2018 5:19 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2008
1953 posts
829 upvotes
MrFrugal1 wrote: I bought the Precision Sensors version of this at Costco about two years ago, but I haven't seen it there in quite some time. It's probably the best stud sensor I've used.
+1 This is the best and easiest stud finder that I've used.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
vrej wrote: I have the Franklin and agree it's great. The only downside is that it does not detect wires ...so you may want to hold onto your old studfinders (that can detect live wires) and use it as a second pass after the franklin.
I agree. At this price point a multiscanner is not a huge step up when they're on sale. It's great to tell me there's a stud, but I like knowing if there's a 110 live wire that was pulled through that stud right where I'm about to drill into. Also handy to find rebar in concrete, of follow copper lines.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4681 posts
3971 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
Cas77 wrote: I agree. At this price point a multiscanner is not a huge step up when they're on sale. It's great to tell me there's a stud, but I like knowing if there's a 110 live wire that was pulled through that stud right where I'm about to drill into. Also handy to find rebar in concrete, of follow copper lines.
Nothing is foolproof. I've learned the hard way that, sensor or not, drilling beyond the depth of a drywall screw is fraught with danger.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
6222 posts
694 upvotes
Quebec
this is regular price. costco/cdntire had sale for 10$ less.

there is a more advanced model out for a little more.

i personally am bad at using these and did not have much success.
Jul 30, 2010
655 posts
352 upvotes
Toronto
Anybody have experience with Walabot?

Looks good on video
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1679 posts
2000 upvotes
GTA
fakishan wrote: this is regular price. costco/cdntire had sale for 10$ less.

there is a more advanced model out for a little more.

i personally am bad at using these and did not have much success.
Not to be nosy or anything, but how can one be bad at using these?
Sep 23, 2005
450 posts
428 upvotes
Toronto
James Stonehenge wrote: I haven't seen this model at Costco lately. I picked one up

https://www.amazon.com/Vaughan-050013-D ... B06ZZF325S

At Costco on clearance for $24.97 but it's not that great.
I picked up the Precision Franklin-like model from Costco a few years ago and find it to be extremely helpful and finding studs. But I'm always paranoid that I'm going to drill into an electrical wire or pipe - the Precision model doesn't detect those.

What's been your experience with the Vaughan at detecting metal objects? I don't mind having to use two tools to get the job done if it helps me to avoid a flood or trip to the hospital!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2015
5405 posts
5751 upvotes
Distance: 50 Metres
A Stud Finder? Is there plenty?
To the moon
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1166 posts
478 upvotes
Turbanville
Thanks OP, IMO, the best Stud finder I ever used.....it has multi sensors built it , helps finding close center of studs, I got it for about $39.99 last year at CT
"Beer"
The cause of and solution to all of life's problems.
"SMART" People always makes SMART Choice..!!!!!
Dec 30, 2008
175 posts
236 upvotes
Mississauga
Just a warning, this might not work for you if your walls are insulted. I had to return it and got the basic one which relies of a magnet. I owned a stacked townhouse and it had major trouble on the kitchen wall which was insulted.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
The magnet one always works for me including the wall with ceramic tile (but not sure if it works on the wall with porcelain tile). Although the Franklin will give you quicker result, it will show weird result once it detects an unknown object behind the wall.
dmanwin wrote: Just a warning, this might not work for you if your walls are insulted. I had to return it and got the basic one which relies of a magnet. I owned a stacked townhouse and it had major trouble on the kitchen wall which was insulted.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2005
1531 posts
103 upvotes
Thanks OP! Don't forget ebates...7% cash back right now!
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Paid 60 for this, totally worth it. Other finders are total garbage in comparison.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2001
2014 posts
665 upvotes
Calgary
I bought this at Christmas to put up a TV mount in my kids room.

This thing was EXACTLY what i needed and worked perfectly.

I did not see myself needing it anytime soon, so I returned it (Boooo, ya I suck), and decided to wait for a sale at I thought $70 was a bit much.

Well here we go, perfect timing. Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2001
2724 posts
37 upvotes
Eastern and NW Ontar…
thanks OP, got a Stanley about 20 years ago with similar technology and time for an upgrade

I buy on amazon.com too quite a bit and always compare pricing, this is a bit cheaper in Canada right now compared to .com
Dell Alienware Aurora R8
Asus ROG 17"
Ipad Air 2
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
3363 posts
1990 upvotes
This deal is cold. CT has this down to 39.99 every other month. The Costco version went down to $25.00 on clearance. I have it and it works ok but is not any better or work any faster than my old-fashion zircon.
The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Usenet
Jul 13, 2007
427 posts
405 upvotes
Vancouver
althanis wrote: Who needs a stud finder? I’m right here guys!
You = picker of low hanging fruit

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)