Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] FREE $8 Ebook credit when you download the Kindle App for the first time!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2016 1:48 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2011
4048 posts
1529 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] FREE $8 Ebook credit when you download the Kindle App for the first time!

Receive a $8 Credit for an Ebook

When you download the Kindle App for the first time:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/digital/fiona/ ... _i=desktop

This offer is only available to first-time registrants of the Kindle for iOS and Kindle for Android reading apps. This is a limited time offer and this credit will expire on January 10, 2016. Offer only applies to Kindle book titles sold and delivered by Amazon Digital Services, Inc. (other than certain limited Kindle book titles). Offer does not apply to physical goods. Digital content and services may only be available to customers located in Canada and are subject to the terms and conditions of Amazon Digital Services, Inc. Offer limited to one per customer and account. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time. Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold. Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order. If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies. If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid. Unless an Amazon Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
YMMV, but it's worth talking to a CSR if you didn't get your $8 credit.

they will likely just apply it on your account and you can use it for ANY future purchase (must be shipped and sold by amazon.ca)
78 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2011
1237 posts
1441 upvotes
TORONTO
Hot.

Before anyone mentions how everything can be procured through t0rr3ntZ and e-Libraries, I have to say that the Amazon editions are usually a bit different.

Firstly, there's flawless formatting that produces zero font, spacing, and text resizing anomalies; this is not some quickie bootleg .epub --> .mobi hack job. Secondly, a lot of the ebooks contain X-Ray + Word Wise + socially highlighted passages - all useful, embedded features. Are you reading "Game of Thrones," and the 999th tertiary character has just popped up? X-Ray will, in context, give you a heads up about who this rando is. Thirdly, sometimes Audible narration is available as well (for a small fee.) The natural reading voice syncs in real time with the words on the page.

Kindle editions of titles sometimes go for 0.99 or 1.99 during sales (though I see now that this promo ends on January 10th.)

For example, I picked up "Bigger Leaner Stronger" for 0.99 or 1.99 a while back, with Audible narration added on for a few more bucks.

Thanks, OP. You've been on fire these past few weeks.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2004
2310 posts
399 upvotes
Where do you view your credit balance?
Dec 10, 2014
588 posts
379 upvotes
Toronto, ON
So...what if we already have the kindle app? Uninstall then re-install? Lol
Nov 23, 2007
413 posts
41 upvotes
Did not work for me. Downloaded the app and no $8.00 credit showing up anywhere, tried to buy a kindle book and it is trying to charge my credit dard.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2011
4048 posts
1529 upvotes
McGarnagle wrote:
Jan 1st, 2016 2:23 pm
So...what if we already have the kindle app? Uninstall then re-install? Lol
trilinearmipmap wrote:
Jan 1st, 2016 2:24 pm
Did not work for me. Downloaded the app and no $8.00 credit showing up anywhere, tried to buy a kindle book and it is trying to charge my credit dard.

make new account if you feel the $8 is worth it
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2004
2310 posts
399 upvotes
trinxified wrote:
Jan 1st, 2016 2:32 pm
make new account if you feel the $8 is worth it
Where is the $8 credit mentioned? Where can you verify if it has been added on your account?
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2012
1303 posts
263 upvotes
Vancouver
can we get details on how this works at least
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1099 posts
650 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
I created a new account, reloaded the promo page, downloaded the amazon android app and i signed in. Receive a email with the 8$ credit. I dont see it anywhere in my account but maybe after registering my payments details. Thanks.
Oct 27, 2006
26 posts
13 upvotes
Moncton
Went thru the steps. Got an email, but it's only for 3 dollars,.... But it's good till end of Jan. So that's sorta okay.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4450 posts
641 upvotes
Toronto
How much different are epub/mobi ebooks from the Kobo/Kindle store from epub/mobi books on t0rr3nts really though? I mean, isn't the source of the pirated one from the paid one? Just that the copyright protection has been stripped by Calibre or whatever software. It's not like they typed it themselves, or took photos and ran it through optical recognition software like they did with paper books. So I don't see how font/spacing/content would be any different?

Also how does that xray/wordwise/socially highlighted passages work? So those features aren't in the book download itself, but I guess it connects to the internet to access that info?

PitchyDawg wrote:
Jan 1st, 2016 2:09 pm
Hot.

Before anyone mentions how everything can be procured through t0rr3ntZ and e-Libraries, I have to say that the Amazon editions are usually a bit different.

Firstly, there's flawless formatting that produces zero font, spacing, and text resizing anomalies; this is not some quickie bootleg .epub --> .mobi hack job. Secondly, a lot of the ebooks contain X-Ray + Word Wise + socially highlighted passages - all useful, embedded features. Are you reading Game of Thrones and the 999th tertiary character has just popped up? X-Ray will, in context, give you a heads up about who this rando is. Thirdly, sometimes Audible narration is available as well (for a small fee.) The natural reading voice syncs in real time with the words on the page.

Kindle editions of titles sometimes go on sale for 0.99 or 1.99 during sales.

For example, I picked up "Bigger Leaner Stronger" for 0.99 or 1.99 a while back, with Audible narration added on for a more bucks.

Thanks, OP. You've been on fire these past few weeks.