Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

FREE $8 Ebook credit when you download the Kindle App for the first time!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2016 1:48 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2007
1825 posts
625 upvotes
elusivest wrote: I am actually very relaxed, thank you.
I am not even interested in this deal.
Would have been nice for you at least to quote the real OP, he/she is the one posting the deal correctly in Freebies as per RFD existing rules.
Happy new year :)
You want to bring up rules? There are "tips" for posting freebies, but no rules are set in stone.

There is however a rule that states
Do not post with the purpose of enticing fights (trolling)
You just admitted you had no interest in this deal so I'm not sure what the purpose was other than being an ass and trying to start something.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2011
6609 posts
3909 upvotes
babbayagga wrote: Looks like its a amazon US offer, someway/somehow it thinks my tablet or account is American.
doesn't work like that.

just don't login using amazon.com account
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25986 posts
10380 upvotes
Got 25 free books after entering a contest a couple months back. This would be okay if it worked or you didn't have the app. Many devices come with it preinstalled so that won't work either. Thanks though...
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
death_hawk wrote: Quality wise it's usually FAR better.

That's not to say I still don't "acquire" epubs/mobis from places but they're really hit or miss.
Some are stellar but others are just terrible. Sometimes they're missing chapter markers, spacing, formatting, etc.
Other times everything works just fine. This also depends on the book too. Chapters aren't that big of an issue for a regular book but if you're using something like a cook book? Yeah they're necessary.

At the end of the day it's really up to what you can find and if the original title is worth buying.
Why is it lower quality though? Aren't they the same just stripped of DRM? I just don't get how, unless you're saying pirates copy and paste the content and don't bother to format it? I thought it was simply they took the original and stripped the DRM which means all the formatting and everything should be intact no?
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2011
1484 posts
380 upvotes
trinxified wrote: Receive a $8 Credit for an Ebook

When you download the Kindle App for the first time:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/digital/fiona/ ... _i=desktop

And here are some kindle ebooks that are up to 80% off:

https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=gbps_img_s- ... QSK06DT683

This offer is only available to first-time registrants of the Kindle for iOS and Kindle for Android reading apps. This is a limited time offer and this credit will expire on January 10, 2016. Offer only applies to Kindle book titles sold and delivered by Amazon Digital Services, Inc. (other than certain limited Kindle book titles). Offer does not apply to physical goods. Digital content and services may only be available to customers located in Canada and are subject to the terms and conditions of Amazon Digital Services, Inc. Offer limited to one per customer and account. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time. Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold. Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order. If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies. If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid. Unless an Amazon Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.

Another great deal! Thanks OP. You're a machine for deals. Really appreciate you sharing
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6913 posts
5816 upvotes
Burlington
Just saw on Amazon.ca

Use desktop or so. It doesn't show up on my phone.

UPDATE: Chatted with them, $8 is creditted to my account, with confirmation email followed.
Only items shipped and sold by amazon are eligible.
It shows when you check out

Another UPDATE: I guess it is YMMV on where credit is applied, mine was too any future purchase, so good luck with your request

More UPDATE: seems like people who have previously installed Kindle are not able to take advantage of this. If it were me, there'd be another device+account. But you'd have to run in with the problem of where credit is applied.

At first they transferred me to Kindle department, who automatically applied the $8 credit for my future ebook purchase. I opened another chat, they (non kindle department people) confirm that $8 is for future purchase that SHIP AND SOLD BY AMAZON.

Again, wish you luck.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2003
2842 posts
720 upvotes
Signed up, but how do you actually get the credit?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2340 posts
1389 upvotes
Ottawa
Downloaded the app and logged in. Don't see the credit?
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1019 posts
401 upvotes
Newmarket, Ontario
ya i tried it not sure if it worked
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6913 posts
5816 upvotes
Burlington
By the way, too many lurkers, There are currently 138 users browsing this thread. (50 members and 88 guests), more than members?
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2013
1402 posts
617 upvotes
EDMONTON
konsensei wrote: By the way, too many lurkers, There are currently 138 users browsing this thread. (50 members and 88 guests), more than members?
You're not used to that?

Also BRB downloaded kindle app seriously like 3 days before promo first appeared and got screwed out of my $8 lol
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6913 posts
5816 upvotes
Burlington
Piddles wrote: You're not used to that?

Also BRB downloaded kindle app seriously like 3 days before promo first appeared and got screwed out of my $8 lol
sucks balls. Try another phone/tablet/account? I dont know. On the chat, they asked me when I installed the app, I said today. So I doubt they have any record of when I install the app
Jul 22, 2006
807 posts
1676 upvotes
konsensei wrote: By the way, too many lurkers, There are currently 138 users browsing this thread. (50 members and 88 guests), more than members?
By the way, there are too many posts pointing out "lurkers". I find posts like this quite irritating and actually very useless. I'm not sure of the point you're trying to make as I don't log in every time I come on to RFD. Just because they're "lurking" doesn't mean they're not members. I didn't know that I had to log in every time I browsed this site.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2340 posts
1389 upvotes
Ottawa
Amazon Rep: The credit isn't visible on your account. However, the credit would be automatically applied whenever you purchase Kindle book sold by Amazon Digital Services. Please ensure that you do not purchase Kindle book sold by publisher.
Jan 27, 2007
922 posts
335 upvotes
Calgary
canlabman wrote: By the way, there are too many posts pointing out "lurkers". I find posts like this quite irritating and actually very useless. I'm not sure of the point you're trying to make as I don't log in every time I come on to RFD. Just because they're "lurking" doesn't mean they're not members. I didn't know that I had to log in every time I browsed this site.
+1
You don't, only to comment.. A lot of times I will browse from my phone and not be logged in
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
11296 posts
6299 upvotes
Ontario
fruzmatik wrote: Amazon Rep: The credit isn't visible on your account. However, the credit would be automatically applied whenever you purchase Kindle book sold by Amazon Digital Services. Please ensure that you do not purchase Kindle book sold by publisher.
Thanks for clarification. I thought this was a credit to be applied towards any Amazon.ca purchase. It's useless to me otherwise.