Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Free PC games for Amazon prime member

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 1st, 2018 2:40 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
Sakame wrote: Does anyone know what happens to the games if you stop being a prime member?
Smartchen wrote: Can you use amazon prime free trial to get the free games
According to the main-page link (on RFD) it's just like PS+, XBL Gold, etc. where the games are free as long as you are a Prime member. Once your Prime membership expires you won't be able to play them again until you renew. Also just like PS+ & IGC, you can only add the games to your account while they are offered but it seems they will stop offering and offer new titles on a monthly basis, meaning you have to add the new ones every month, or you won't get them.
Dec 19, 2006
517 posts
465 upvotes
I post this in every thread that mentions Superhot, but Superhot and Superhot VR are 100% different games. There's no "vr version." Superhot VR is a sequel to Superhot.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
daviiiiiid wrote: Hmm payed with it a bit and vr is in the options. I'll have to try it!
Thello wrote: I post this in every thread that mentions Superhot, but Superhot and Superhot VR are 100% different games. There's no "vr version." Superhot VR is a sequel to Superhot.
Conflicting stories.
Only one can be correct.
Gonna have to go with Thello on this one.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2007
4345 posts
444 upvotes
GTA
I keep getting a 500 error each time i click the link amazong account button
Dec 8, 2012
330 posts
235 upvotes
Mississauga
so this doesnt work on a mac then eh?
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4995 posts
2427 upvotes
Markham
Hmm this could be the beginning of amazon taking on steam and humble bundle
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
2660 posts
3149 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ES_Revenge wrote: According to the main-page link (on RFD) it's just like PS+, XBL Gold, etc. where the games are free as long as you are a Prime member. Once your Prime membership expires you won't be able to play them again until you renew. Also just like PS+ & IGC, you can only add the games to your account while they are offered but it seems they will stop offering and offer new titles on a monthly basis, meaning you have to add the new ones every month, or you won't get them.
Thanks
Will do a free trial to get the games, one month is long enough to play a couples
Dec 19, 2006
517 posts
465 upvotes
Woah! wrote: Conflicting stories.
Only one can be correct.
Gonna have to go with Thello on this one.
It's very confusing marketing on their part, but having owned and played through both, yeah. The original Superhot has a hacking subplot that takes place at a computer terminal, something you don't see in much of the videos but is a big part of the story. Superhot VR is almost entirely just the shooting and features different levels and a different ending.
Oct 15, 2016
204 posts
252 upvotes
CC1994 wrote: So are these DRM-free or not?
Looks like no. They all require the Twitch Desktop Client, whatever that is.

I was expecting ... actual free games like you sometimes get from GOG or Humble Bundle or Steam, where you claim the offer and there is the game. This is a signing bonus for installing their crappy spyware.
May 28, 2008
298 posts
147 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm surprised this worked for me with only having a trial account for signing up for the fortnite freebies.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
1197 posts
917 upvotes
Toronto
Awesome! Glad we get something since Amazon Prime dropped that promotion from 20% off pre-order discount on video games to only 10% off on select pre-order games...
Dec 26, 2012
13 posts
74 upvotes
Kelowna
April free games available now
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2014
1165 posts
979 upvotes
Ottawa
obk1988 wrote: so this doesnt work on a mac then eh?
Wouldn’t the twitch desktop app for Mac support this?
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
16321 posts
7966 upvotes
redbag wrote: Looks like no. They all require the Twitch Desktop Client, whatever that is.

I was expecting ... actual free games like you sometimes get from GOG or Humble Bundle or Steam, where you claim the offer and there is the game. This is a signing bonus for installing their crappy spyware.
Steam is DRM.
Oct 15, 2016
204 posts
252 upvotes
Lone_Prodigy wrote: Steam is DRM.
DRM vs spyware: are they the same or what is the difference?

When Humble gives you a free game, it's not because Steam is paying them to entice people to install their platform.

Steam is a known quantity. It doesn't scour your hard drive for installed games or contacts. It doesn't automatically connect to your webcam.