• Dec 26th, 2018 6:31 pm
[OP]
Nov 29, 2011
536 posts
568 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
zewill wrote:
Dec 26th, 2018 9:50 am
3XCAMEL doesn't seem to be working as well as in the past... Amazon must have tweaked something that camel doesnt catch
i've noticed that since the Big A has started changing the canadian site to be more like the U.S. -- having multiple formats and releases on one page -- that screws up CCC, since it basically only looks at the page as a whole (for now).

i was getting alerts for a movie and was so excited to buy it, but then noticed the price was only for the DVD, not bluray.
Dec 26, 2016
44 posts
15 upvotes
If someone was interested in watching once and not owning a copy, an alternative could be to sign up for Crave TV + HBO and run through the series and cancel the membership if you wish afterwards.. but nonetheless a good price for the set, thanks OP!
[OP]
Nov 29, 2011
536 posts
568 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
Lavitz wrote:
Dec 26th, 2018 11:35 am
FYI this box set comes with each season in its own case, basically the standalone versions you can buy so they can still be displayed nicely when season 8 comes out.
thanks, that's great to know! i doubt the full 8 season boxset will be released next year. hbo milks the weekly episodes so you keep a subscription. then they'll release the season standalone to milk that. then later they'll give us a full boxset...at full MSRP. i have friends who will not wait that long and this is a good price.
Nov 17, 2014
327 posts
354 upvotes
QC
torontotuner wrote:
Dec 26th, 2018 1:25 pm
If someone was interested in watching once and not owning a copy, an alternative could be to sign up for Crave TV + HBO and run through the series and cancel the membership if you wish afterwards.. but nonetheless a good price for the set, thanks OP!
That, or purchase the boxset, use the code to add to computer, and resell the sealed blu rays. Even if you sell for less than paid, you still get 7 seasons for cheap. Some buyers dont care for the code. Better tell them that sale does not include code:)
Nov 12, 2007
60 posts
6 upvotes
Victoria, BC
gfhgf wrote:
Dec 26th, 2018 11:31 am
Can you tell us if the digital copies are for the full 7 seasons?... Someone mentioned that it's only season 7.
GoT digital redeem card
not sure if this helps, but it says 1-7 at the top. I haven't ever redeemed digital codes though to know for sure.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2009
3482 posts
1053 upvotes
M-Arkham
waiting til season 8 is out before buying the whole box set in 1 go
2x Zoomer $36 for 3GB and 400min call
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide Pulse
[OP]
Nov 29, 2011
536 posts
568 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
gfhgf wrote:
Can you tell us if the digital copies are for the full 7 seasons?... Someone mentioned that it's only season 7.
im not 100% sure, but other boxsets i've purchased either give you a code per season, or a code for all the seasons in the boxset.
[OP]
Nov 29, 2011
536 posts
568 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
gfhgf wrote:
read some of the amazon reviews. appears at least some people only got season 7 digital code in the box. BUT if you only get the 7th season download code, you can still get them from HBO by contacting them: "I Only received a code for season 7. I then had to contact HBO for the digital codes of season 1-6 in which they required me to send them photos of my blu ray set as proof (including the inside of all the cases ad well as my hand-written email address on a piece of Paper)."

i've done this before with other discs when there's an error of some kind. it's not too complicated.
and right now this set is $113 USD on .com so this is definitely a great deal
Feb 10, 2014
310 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto
Might as well say, Season 1-7 for 99.99 and probably 60-70 bucks more for the last season which most fans of the show will buy Day 1.....still a good deal on a per season basis.