Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Garant Sleigh Snow Shovel - $25.97 (Prime only)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 8th, 2018 11:17 am
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4912 posts
4932 upvotes
Ontario
Bought this and sent it to the new address I don't move in for another 29 days. I hope it really is 1-2 months or I will feel bad as I never met the owner and it's considered rude send stuff early when their still occupying it.
---
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2976 upvotes
Calgary
got this last year for $24 so this is a good deal. works great for clearing off the 3' (or more) of snow infront of the house caused by the city plows after a heavy snowfall.

def much easier on the back than a regular showel.
Last edited by scotsum on Feb 21st, 2018 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Apr 2, 2017
339 posts
280 upvotes
Dymis wrote: Thanks, I'll give it a shot. Too bad I don't think I'll actually be able to test this until next winter.
You really want more snow this season, don't you...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2014
5443 posts
3920 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Bought last spring, and used extensively this winter. Its benefits for your back are well worth the original price of $40ish. Great deal at this price!
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2120 posts
1345 upvotes
Laval
Bought last spring and loving it this year! Even if it's packed snow..the steel tip makes it easy to use.
Dec 26, 2007
257 posts
73 upvotes
Ottawa
I own one of these and I must say it is worth having.

If there is a small to medium snowfall I use this scoop, if the snowfall is heavy I use the snowblower.
The ice/snow scraper also useful.

Also if your snowblower breaks down this is worth having as a backup. It saved me two years ago during the big snowstorm here in Ottawa when my car was stuck in the street about 50 feet from my drive way and my snowblower would not start, the scoop/sleigh helped me to clear a path to my drive way. If I had to use a regular shovel it would have taken forever and been a back breaker. It is worth $26 dollars.
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12349 posts
5403 upvotes
I got this last year, great shovel at a great price.
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7393 posts
2944 upvotes
Calgary
Don't have prime but I ordered one from Lowe's for in store pick up. Good deal.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21248 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
Richfields wrote: I bought this last year too, and I didn't really like it. I have been using the Grey Costco shovels for years and got excited about this one due to the large number of glowing reviews. Either I am doing it wrong, or my snow type (heavy and wet) isn't ideal for this design. I am a big guy (265 and 6 feet) and it still felt awkward to manoeuvre.
It's especially useful for wet and heavy snow, since you don't do any lifting.
What you do is scoop up snow until it's full, then lift the tip a little bit and slide the load to where you want to dump it, which is ideally further than you would throw it with a regular shovel.
When you get to the dump location, either quickly jerk it back towards to slide the snow off, or tip it forward or to the side to dump it.
reggyDeal wrote: Anyone try one of these snow plow shovels instead? In theory it be easier and faster than a scoop shovel.
That's just a pusher though, and you can't move the snow over other snow or piles to dump it where you want to.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Jan 2, 2017
415 posts
586 upvotes
Bought this last winter on Amazon for $40. I'd buy it again at that price if I lost mine or something happened to it. $26 is an absolute steal. You don't hurt your back by lifting the snow, you just push it to the banks and the shovel will slide up the bank and you pretty much just push the snow off.

Not only is it easier on your body but it's MUCH faster too. You typically can just walk all the way down the length of your driveway and push all that snow away. You'll likely have to do 2 passes if you want to get all the snow out but seriously it's so much faster.

Get this while you can. You'll thank yourself next winter.
Feb 7, 2012
762 posts
1513 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for all the reviews! bought 2 from Lowes using $10 off $50 email sign up. came to $46.99 after everything (less 1% ebates)
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3793 posts
2427 upvotes
West Coast
engineered wrote: It's especially useful for wet and heavy snow, since you don't do any lifting.
What you do is scoop up snow until it's full, then lift the tip a little bit and slide the load to where you want to dump it, which is ideally further than you would throw it with a regular shovel.
When you get to the dump location, either quickly jerk it back towards to slide the snow off, or tip it forward or to the side to dump it.
True, and that's what I did, but the dumping part wasn't very natural for me. Granted, I have back problems so having to jerk it back each time was a little jarring. I do agree that it reduced the lifting, but I likely need more time with it (next year hopefully) to get the hang of it
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
May 10, 2015
313 posts
218 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks OP, purchased one for myself and one for my parents online for free shipping, $10 off and ebate.
Apr 1, 2011
138 posts
265 upvotes
Ottawa
Ordered one from Lowes Kanata with store pick-up. Thanks OP!
Feb 22, 2009
989 posts
668 upvotes
Ottawa
Richfields wrote: I bought this last year too, and I didn't really like it. I have been using the Grey Costco shovels for years and got excited about this one due to the large number of glowing reviews. Either I am doing it wrong, or my snow type (heavy and wet) isn't ideal for this design. I am a big guy (265 and 6 feet) and it still felt awkward to manoeuvre.
My 27" grey Costco had the steel edge come off this winter after wearing away the underside of the metal rivets. Dropped in the other day to try and replace it but all they had was a 21" plastic one with no steel edge. Not sure if they still sell the 27" and are just sold out for this season but hope they bring it back before next season. It's worked well for years for me as well together with my 24" dual stage. Was considering this sleigh but sold out at my local Lowe's.