• Jun 21st, 2018 10:40 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 21, 2014
1459 posts
2513 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[Amazon Canada] Gerber Dime Multi-Tool, Red $15.55

The Gerber Dime tool is on all time low right now. Pretty decent tool to have around in the car, bag or in the pocket.

Red - $15.55
Black - $15.80

12 Tools :
Spring loaded needle nose pliers
Standard pliers
Wire cutter
Tweezer
Bottle opener
Fine edge blade
Retail package opener
Scissors
Medium flat head driver
Coarse & fine file
Cross driver
Lanyard ring
Last edited by Mars2012 on Apr 11th, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed link
Pro tip - If you can't stop thinking about it ....BUY IT !
25 replies
Aug 8, 2010
266 posts
99 upvotes
got one
needed to replace my old one
thanks!
May 6, 2012
23 posts
83 upvotes
If you need to replace the old one then it's probably not a good quality tool
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 21, 2014
1459 posts
2513 upvotes
Calgary, AB
ngking1 wrote:
Apr 11th, 2018 5:50 pm
If you need to replace the old one then it's probably not a good quality tool
What if he lost it? :facepalm:
Dec 8, 2008
949 posts
101 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Bought two, one for me and one for my dad, last one he had was confiscated at the Bell Center
Jan 27, 2016
54 posts
33 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Check out the 1 and 2 star reviews. Doesn't sound like they last if you use them, and that's the whole point. I've completely stopped reading the positive reviews because most of them are the result of getting free stuff.
Mar 1, 2011
202 posts
361 upvotes
Calgary
Have one already. Compact and take it with me while travelling. Paid for itself many times over. Quality product.
Aug 30, 2017
210 posts
143 upvotes
GTA East - Durham
DaSnipe wrote:
Apr 11th, 2018 7:49 pm
Bought two, one for me and one for my dad, last one he had was confiscated at the Bell Center
and a good thing too, who only knows what kind of mayhem someone could create with such a formidable piece of equipmentFace With Tears Of Joy

I was refused entry to the ACC until I ditched my nice Victorinox nail file that was on my keychain. Guess they had been tipped off that someone might go on a nail care rampage.

Thanks OP - these look decent for the $ for light duty use and won't send you into depression if you lost it or had it confiscated in the name of public safety.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
7433 posts
2202 upvotes
Toronto
Hasn't this been lower? $11 IIRC. Still good though.
Dec 28, 2011
801 posts
359 upvotes
Victoria
I've got one, I like it for the price. It's on my key ring and I use all the tools pretty regularly. I use it as a knife for opening boxes, package tool for opening packages, light duty pliers, light screwdriver duty, etc. Don't try to fix your battleship with it and you'll probably be ok. For the price it's a nice lightweight keychain tool that you won't worry too much about if you lose. I have pricy leatherman tools too but this is just right for my keychain tool and handles 80% of my office/condo life multi-tool basic tasks. I wish the scissors were a little better, so I might upgrade to the Leatherman micro but I'll probably wait until I lose this thing or something on it breaks. It's surprisingly good enough.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 21, 2014
1459 posts
2513 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Joshthelocksmith wrote:
Apr 11th, 2018 8:29 pm
Check out the 1 and 2 star reviews. Doesn't sound like they last if you use them, and that's the whole point. I've completely stopped reading the positive reviews because most of them are the result of getting free stuff.
Buddy you got to stop just looking at the negatives in your life.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2890 posts
1007 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks! These are awesome!

I keep forgetting these are in my stuff at the airport and have to surrender them.

Then I get searched, which I occasionally enjoy. But as they'd say On the Riverbank that's another story...
Nov 4, 2010
142 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver
Joshthelocksmith wrote:
Apr 11th, 2018 8:29 pm
It's sold by Amazon.ca. Amazon is not giving away free product in return for positive reviews