Jan 12, 2014
2738 posts
4285 upvotes
Laval

[Amazon Canada] Gerber Suspension Multi-Plier $24.94 Prime only now

Amazon change it to Prime only now

Gerber Suspension Multi-Plier [22-01471] $24.94

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000EDPT9K
Last edited by 2Riskit on Dec 20th, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
remember to give credit to the O.P if your going to repost it on reddit > bapcsalescanada
16 replies
Aug 21, 2004
228 posts
293 upvotes
Moncton
I saw Gerber and thought it was going to be something for babies...
Feb 26, 2011
589 posts
529 upvotes
Calgary

I've never heard of Gerber tools... how is the comparison with Leatherman?
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
3325 posts
432 upvotes
Toronto
jwslam wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 6:34 pm

Gerber is considered a good brand, but not as good as a Leatherman. It's like a Gerber is an Audi and Leatherman is a Mercedes, both are excellent but one is better than the other
Jul 17, 2012
541 posts
195 upvotes
Kamloops
MonChoon wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 5:47 pm
I saw Gerber and thought it was going to be something for babies...
me is the other way around. first time i heard the term Gerber is when i got issued a Canadian Army Gerber multitool, which is made in USA lol. now just got a baby and realized it is also a baby brand.

are they the same company lol?
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1530 posts
834 upvotes
Kitchener
muscleking wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 6:48 pm
me is the other way around. first time i heard the term Gerber is when i got issued a Canadian Army Gerber multitool, which is made in USA lol. now just got a baby and realized it is also a baby brand.

are they the same company lol?
Wow never realized Gerber supplied the Canadian army.

Have a baby at home so almost everything in my brain right now is baby related. Lol

Looks like separate companies.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerber
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2009
1265 posts
439 upvotes
Ontario
I own 3 multi tools:
1 - Gerber dime
2 - Leather man wave my Dad bought me in '94
3 - Leather man lower end about $30 on sale when I bought it 5 years or so ago on impulse

I love the Wave. 24 years and no design problems at all. Except one. This model and year did not have a package opener.

As I am an office worker and not using the tool to its fullest daily I find I need a package opener more than anything.

The Gerber and #3 have the opener so I ultimately use those tools more often.

Other thoughts ...

1 - dime is small so not for big jobs but it acts as my keychain. No issues with it after 2 years

2 - love this tool. So tough as far as multitools go. Newer ones have package opener I think. Also jealous of the newer screwdriver bit attachments
3 - good tool but missing functions of the wave.

If I were spending $25 on a tool today I would get the dime. Meets most of my needs and is always in my pocket. It has the package opener which saves the blade for real cutting.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
2895 posts
1462 upvotes
Calgary
had a suspension 8yrs ago & I paid more then so for $25, its a deal. sure it's not a Leatherman Charge/Wave nor a Victorinox Spirit but neither of those are $25 either. good multitool for no much $$!
May 9, 2010
340 posts
91 upvotes
Ottawa
Too bad this doesn't seem to have a pocket clip. It seems quite heavy to be dangling in a pant pocket.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
2013 posts
648 upvotes
Edmonton
Bought this exact one last year for $23.xx. Great tool, not too heavy or big - can be a little awkward.
As to the other juvenile comments - really??
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten....
Oct 31, 2014
369 posts
297 upvotes
Victoria, BC
jwslam wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 6:34 pm

Gerber is a division of fiskars.
They're decent, up there with victorinox, sog, leatherman, etc... It really varies more by model than anything else.
Nov 28, 2011
349 posts
425 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
I own a vintage Gerber 600 -- going on its 25th year?
They all have robust builds. Once you decide to buy/collect one of the Brand names it's becomes a matter of personal preference.
Most offer replacement warranty no questions asked.
My [discontinued] Leatherman mini had the file snapped and they sent me a new Kick.
Nov 28, 2011
349 posts
425 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
riffr aff wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 6:58 pm
2 - love this tool. So tough as far as multitools go. Newer ones have package opener I think. Also jealous of the newer screwdriver bit attachments
They can be modded if you are up/into it. Here's my Kick with the simple Philips-1/4" drive adapter+extension.
It should cover most of the bases
Advanced mod: