Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Get a $10 Promotional Credit with the Purchase of $50 in Amazon Gift Cards

Apr 18, 2017
473 posts
117 upvotes
Mississauga
consumer be me wrote:
dyords wrote: Sweet. bought a gift card for myself.

You'll get an email confirming your $10 credit shortly. The credit won't show up on your account but will appear on your next purchase when you checkout.
What would you suggest to someone who didn't get an email confirming the $10 ? I made the purchase yesterday and saw the "this purchase is eligible for $10" when buying the $50 .. but no communication afterwards about it...
talk to customer support and have them do it manually i suppose.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1589 posts
813 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
Thank you for your interest in Amazon.ca Gift Cards.
Unfortunately, you are not eligible for this offer.

seen this promo for at least two times, all no luck :facepalm:
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18918 posts
3573 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Is there anything in Amazon's system that prevents you from using the $50 GC in your own account, alongside the $10 bonus?

I'm asking because Amazon frowns on the abuse of some benefits like new member discounts, and is even known to close the accounts of people who abuse it.
Aug 24, 2016
2 posts
I got not eligible as well. I did read elsewhere that some people have ended up getting the deal by contacting customer service about it. Might be worth a shot.
Jan 19, 2008
106 posts
62 upvotes
QC, Canada
Jucius Maximus wrote: Is there anything in Amazon's system that prevents you from using the $50 GC in your own account, alongside the $10 bonus?

I'm asking because Amazon frowns on the abuse of some benefits like new member discounts, and is even known to close the accounts of people who abuse it.
I sent the 50$ gift card to myself and used it along with the 10$ credit. I don't see why they would care.
Nov 20, 2006
249 posts
104 upvotes
Thanks, OP. I was no eligible before but got it this time. Hopefully, I'll find something to buy with it before it expires.

BTW, I could not find the upvote button for the original post but everyone else's posts have the upvote/downvote button. Weird.
Feb 17, 2015
69 posts
36 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Anyone knows if there is a deadline to apply the amazon 50 giftcard to your account? I know there is no expiry once the 50 is in your account but what happens if it's not applied?

Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
i orderd aug 21st...still no 10 credit...anyone else
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Sep 19, 2014
10 posts
1 upvote
Scarborough, ON
Veeshmack wrote:How do you redeem the $10 bonus?
mikka1989 wrote: i orderd aug 21st...still no 10 credit...anyone else
Buy something sold from Amazon. When you go to checkout $10 will be deducted from the price.
Oct 15, 2001
944 posts
34 upvotes
Worked for me ..... Thanks a lot ..... I can see the $10.
laptop-tech wrote: On boxing day everything will be free.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
1920 posts
688 upvotes
Toronto
consumer be me wrote: Does anyone know if the $10 credit expires?
It does have an expiry. I think it was October 31st or something. It was a month or 2 from the day I got it. I already used mine though.. I'll have a look through the email and see if I can find the exact terms.

EDIT: Did a quick search through the e-mail. I received the e-mail telling me the credit had been applied to my account on August 20th. Here is a snippet from the text of the e-mail: "Thank you for treating someone to an Amazon.ca Gift Card. Now we're treating you to a $10 promotional code automatically applied to your account, and good for eligible products sold by Amazon.ca.
The promotional credit must be used by October 16, 2016."

So yes.. it did expire just under 2 months from when I received it. Luckily I already used the credit so I dont have to worry about making sure to use it prior to expiry.
Dec 16, 2011
68 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered a gift card with the cupcake tin holder with free 2-day shipping, and the code worked at checkout. Thanks for the share!
Oct 8, 2005
54 posts
7 upvotes
Markham
Everything appears to work, just waiting on the credit. thanks!