Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Amazon.ca: Global G-2 8-inch chef's knife $87.99 (free shipping)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 24th, 2013 7:04 pm
[OP]
Jan 8, 2008
460 posts
104 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Amazon.ca: Global G-2 8-inch chef's knife $87.99 (free shipping)

Good deal if you are looking for a Global chef's knife: $87.99 from amazon.ca, free shipping.

There are the usual pros and cons about this chef's knife. I like how if feels, how light it is, how (relatively) soft the steel is. It's like a hybrid japanese/french/german/italian machine. Recommended at this warm price.

Note that for the same price or slightly less, you can get a full-on Japanese gyuto like this Fujiwara FKM at Chef Knives to Go.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2008
1000 posts
87 upvotes
I have a friend that didn't like that one, because the blade angle digs into your index finger

one like this the end blade angles out a bit, avoiding the pressure point:

http://www.amazon.ca/Global-Knives-Orie ... al+Cutlery
300 outgoing - Unlimited incoming - 6PM evenings - VP - 6GB - 1,000 LD = 42.50 + GRRF + tx
[OP]
Jan 8, 2008
460 posts
104 upvotes
Yeah, I've read that. Many complain that the spine of the blade is too sharp. Perhaps it's because I'm just a home cook and don't have to chop a bagful of onions etc., but I found the G-2 comfortable using the pinch grip.