Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

GOJO Natural Orange Pumice Hand Cleaner, 1/2 Gallon Bottle, 4-Pack $16.31 (Temporarily out of stock)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2018 9:16 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
4967 posts
13387 upvotes
45° 36' 44.9964'' N …

[Amazon.ca] GOJO Natural Orange Pumice Hand Cleaner, 1/2 Gallon Bottle, 4-Pack $16.31 (Temporarily out of stock)

4-Pack GOJO 0958-04 Natural Orange Pumice Hand Cleaner, 1/2 Gallon Bottle,(Temporarily out of stock)

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/ ... dition=new

Amazon is using dynamic pricing.. and the posted deal price can change quickly, if you add it to your cart it might preserve the sale price a little longer

more info below

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/amazon-sur ... -business/

amazon-ca-raising-prices-2079229/
Last edited by 2Riskit on Mar 10th, 2018 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
34 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2017
1328 posts
2363 upvotes
GTA
It might as well be on sale for a dollar. What good is it if it’s out of stock?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6949 posts
7524 upvotes
BC
tfong010 wrote: It might as well be on sale for a dollar. What good is it if it’s out of stock?
They'll ship it when it becomes available again which from my past experience usually doesn't take very long with a few exceptions.
Last edited by SizzleChest on Mar 10th, 2018 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
Anyone tries this in the past and how effective ?

Since it is gentle on the hand, I believe it won't rely on the chemical to do the cleaning job. It is Pumice type of cleaning, so I believe it polishes dirt on the surface out of your hand when you rub it.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6949 posts
7524 upvotes
BC
lcmt wrote: Anyone tries this in the past and how effective ?

Since it is gentle on the hand, I believe it won't rely on the chemical to do the cleaning job. It is Pumice type of cleaning, so I believe it polishes dirt on the surface out of your hand when you rub it.
It is effective at removing grease and dirt. There are still chemicals in it or at least ingredients that are 10+ letters long that I have never heard of before. Regular dish soap does a pretty good job at removing grease and dirt as well.

This is a really good deal and likely a price error as one jug sells for $15.09usd on amazon.com
https://www.amazon.com/Gojo-Cleaner-Pum ... =gojo+0958
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4278 posts
5209 upvotes
Montreal, QC
SizzleChest wrote: It is effective at removing grease and dirt. There are still chemicals in it or at least ingredients that are 10+ letters long that I have never heard of before. Regular dish soap does a pretty good job at removing grease and dirt as well.

This is a really good deal and likely a price error as one jug sells for $15.09usd on amazon.com
I like the product.. It's pretty effective and not as harsh as some other el-cheapo brands. Those with Petroleum based ingredients, tend to dry out your hands if used often (like someone in a workshop). For the occasional use DIY, probably not as big a deal.

Not a price error... Even Napa Canada has this stuff on sale this month... OK, a little more thhan this price, but still pretty good.
They have the 1 Gallon jugs for $11.99. So would be $24 for the same amount as this... On super sales I have seen the 1Gallon jug got for about $9 (last time I bought 3 gallons), which would be equivalent amount to this. And I'm pretty sure this is very close to Garage price (after their discount).
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
18946 posts
10527 upvotes
lcmt wrote: Anyone tries this in the past and how effective ?

It works great - I find it is way better than traditional soap after working on your vehicle where you get really dirty. Soap is fine for "around the house" type dirt, like working on lawn maintenance.

That said, I have a 1 gallon jug which I bought over 15 years ago that I still have no used up. You only need a little at a time since I use it with a gentle scrub brush (as you need to get under the nails anyways). Combined with using gloves more as I get older (this does dry out your skin - you should moisturize after).

I cannot imagine how long it would take me to go through two gallons of the stuff.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
4024 posts
2374 upvotes
Ottawa
SizzleChest wrote: It is effective at removing grease and dirt. There are still chemicals in it or at least ingredients that are 10+ letters long that I have never heard of before. Regular dish soap does a pretty good job at removing grease and dirt as well.

I would say dish soap is for the normal cleaning around the house. When I took a course on car engines in college, they had this kind of stuff to wash your hands after. works way the hell better than dish soap.
Jul 13, 2007
427 posts
405 upvotes
Vancouver
tfong010 wrote: It might as well be on sale for a dollar. What good is it if it’s out of stock?
That’s a very passive aggressive question sir or ma’am. Did you really want an answer?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
4047 posts
3277 upvotes
Ottawa
The price is good but it's way too much for an average DIY like me where a gallon jug lasts for years. Napa and Princess Auto have this on sale occasionally for about $10/gallon or $5-6/half gallon. CT has their own version for a bit cheaper often enough. When my jug was getting low I started watching for sales and they have been on sale many many times before I actually run out. There's no need to stock up like motor oil because you don't use it enough to make it worthwhile.

It works really well with grease and dirt from motor vehicles and a couple squirts like shampoo is all you need. Using soap alone will work too but it'll take much more time and repeated washings to get the same result. If you work on your car often then this stuff is indispensable.
Last edited by gumby on Mar 11th, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
2448 posts
1282 upvotes
gumby wrote: The price is good but it's way too much for an average DIY like me where a gallon jug lasts for years. Napa and Princess Auto have this on sale occasionally for about $10/gallon or $5-6/half gallon. CT has their own version for a bit cheaper often enough. When my jug was getting low I started watching for sales and they have been on sale many many times before I actually run out. There's no need to stock up like motor oil because you don't use it enough of it to make it worthwhile.

It works really well with grease and dirt from motor vehicles and a couple squirts like shampoo is all you need. Using soap alone will work too but it'll take much more time and repeated washings to get the same result. If you work on your car often then this stuff is indispensable.
so this deal is only warm

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p6420293e
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6949 posts
7524 upvotes
BC
Not sure if your intention was to prove or disprove the post you replied to, but your link doesn't serve either purpose.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
2448 posts
1282 upvotes
SizzleChest wrote: Not sure if your intention was to prove or disprove the post you replied to, but your link doesn't serve either purpose.
let's break it down
1. gumby said it's $10 a gallon Princess Auto.
- I support it by posting Princess Auto link

2. I did simple math. $18.82 / 4 = $4.71. Amazon's price is $4.71 per gallon so 2 gallon is $9.41
- The deal is warm because you save 59c,
- You need to reach min spending to get free shipping,
- You need to absorb 2 gallons minimum

In conclusion, the deal is warm at best and I posted a link to support.
This conclusion was done using very simple basic logic.

And FYI it's "your link doesn't serve [n]either purpose."
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6949 posts
7524 upvotes
BC
story wrote: let's break it down
1. gumby said it's $10 a gallon Princess Auto.
- I support it by posting Princess Auto link

2. I did simple math. $18.82 / 4 = $4.71. Amazon's price is $4.71 per gallon so 2 gallon is $9.41
- The deal is warm because you save 59c,
- You need to reach min spending to get free shipping,
- You need to absorb 2 gallons minimum

In conclusion, the deal is warm at best and I posted a link to support.
This conclusion was done using very simple basic logic.

And FYI it's "your link doesn't serve [n]either purpose."
Sounds perfect if it weren't for the fact that your link is for a half-gallon.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
2448 posts
1282 upvotes
SizzleChest wrote: Sounds perfect if it weren't for the fact that your link is for a half-gallon.
ah, my mistake on that part.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6949 posts
7524 upvotes
BC
story wrote: ah, my mistake on that part.
No prob. I'll make an effort to improve my grammar in the future.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I use Worx, a green powder, you only need like a dab of it, works really well and leaves your hand very smooth.

Non-toxic and biodegradable.

When I used to volunteer at a bike coop, they've replaced the orange hand cleaner with this

$25.15 https://www.staples.ca/en/WORX-All-Natu ... CA_1_20001

That small bottle is good for 320 washes, MEC carries a smaller bottle for half the size if you wanna give it a try

1 lbs of that product is about 1.5gal of orange cleaner (so 3x half gal Gojo bottles)

Staples also have a 3lbs bottle for $61 and 4.5lbs for $69

Not as cheap, but a gentle cleaner that doesn't leave your hands greasy.

You can also use it while camping
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6949 posts
7524 upvotes
BC
The one-gallon jug is in the upcoming Princess Auto flyer (March 20-April 1) for $10.99
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4278 posts
5209 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Daijoubu wrote: ....

Not as cheap, but a gentle cleaner that doesn't leave your hands greasy.

You can also use it while camping
This stuff does not leave your hands feeling greasy. It's not like the older stuff back in the days which were mostly made of petroleum products.
For Camping and unpredictable breakdowns on the road, I always put some in small mini shampoo bottles (the small sample ones) and I keep some in my glove compartment (bottle in ziplock bag in case of leak). Nice thing is that even if you don't have water around, you can get by with just wiping it off your hands with a rag/towel (obviously rinse is better, but still ok without).
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
Price drop to 16.31. Just reorder it