Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] GUNNAR Optiks Scope Advanced Video Gaming Glasses with Carbon/Amber $19.66

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2018 4:21 pm
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5609 posts
1262 upvotes
Mississauga
I just saw this for the first time the other day on a re-run episode of Dragon's Den or Shark Tank (can't remember which).

I'm thinking of getting a pair and leaving it at work, since that's where you get the typical office fluorescent lighting, and I'm sitting in front of my computer all day long. But I think I am going to pony up the $70 or so for an untinted pair.

The guy that came up with this had a lot of prior experience at Oakley.
Dec 13, 2006
432 posts
329 upvotes
Vancouver
rageguy wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 2:40 pm
I had these before, a very very tiny zoom. The yellow takes a while to get used to. Despite their claims, my kd ratio did not improve in COD games.
yea no shit, these are just a gimmick, just like stupid GAMING chair for $300+ they may look cool to some, but they are dumb.. They come with crazy head rest, but whenever you watch anyone stream they are NEVER leaning back..
[OP]
Feb 16, 2012
248 posts
216 upvotes
Vancouver
z3row0rm wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 2:55 pm
I notice on the Gunnar Optics website it mentions that these glasses are 'Asian Fit Compatible' and 'Youth Fit'. Are they smaller than standard size glasses?
under the Specifications tab it says: FIT: Medium – Large
[OP]
Feb 16, 2012
248 posts
216 upvotes
Vancouver
kenchau wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 3:04 pm
I just saw this for the first time the other day on a re-run episode of Dragon's Den or Shark Tank (can't remember which).

I'm thinking of getting a pair and leaving it at work, since that's where you get the typical office fluorescent lighting, and I'm sitting in front of my computer all day long. But I think I am going to pony up the $70 or so for an untinted pair.

The guy that came up with this had a lot of prior experience at Oakley.
It was Shark Tank.

The untinted lenses do not have nearly the same blue light protection: https://gunnar.com/amber-vs-crystalline/
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5032 posts
1421 upvotes
Montreal
meatwagon wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 3:18 pm
yea no shit, these are just a gimmick, just like stupid GAMING chair for $300+ they may look cool to some, but they are dumb.. They come with crazy head rest, but whenever you watch anyone stream they are NEVER leaning back..
That’s why it is called a head REST and not a headactive.
Apr 3, 2006
30 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
z3row0rm wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 2:55 pm
I notice on the Gunnar Optics website it mentions that these glasses are 'Asian Fit Compatible' and 'Youth Fit'. Are they smaller than standard size glasses?
The youth fit ones probably have a smaller frame to fit children.

Asian fit refers to the part that touches your nose. Its designed for people who have a broader/wider nose. They use the same term for snowboarding goggles as well. Im assuming both markets have a large enough Asian segment for them to cater to it, Asians do love games and snowboarding.
Dec 13, 2006
432 posts
329 upvotes
Vancouver
neverhaveiever wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 3:43 pm
That’s why it is called a head REST and not a headactive.
yea its actually called and idiot sign
Dec 14, 2011
47 posts
23 upvotes
ST. JOHN'S
Thanks for the share OP, I always wanted to give these a whirl but the original pricetag always had me on the fence. I'll definitely bite at this price! Appreciate it.
Dec 6, 2002
944 posts
65 upvotes
I wear eyeglasses and i found the brand ElementsActive to be the best blue blocker as it is dark amber and very reasonably priced , and it can be worn over glasses. unfortunately they seem to be only sold on amazon.com