Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] GUNNAR Optiks Scope Advanced Video Gaming Glasses with Carbon/Amber $19.66

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2018 4:21 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
2071 posts
269 upvotes
Toronto
Aznkid2000 wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 8:24 pm
how are they?
I mean they're ok I haven't used them for hours straight to test them just small chunks of time. not sure if they're just a gimmick I wish I had a machine to measure how much blue light they actually block
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5032 posts
1421 upvotes
Montreal
meatwagon wrote:
Oct 6th, 2018 1:37 am
yea its actually called and idiot sign
no, it is a headrest and they are VERY useful. You use them when sitting back and thinking, or relaxing. You don't use it while actively driving.

You know that thing behind your head in your car, that no one really (or should not) use while driving? Yeah. That is a head rest. Very useful at times. It is a luxury and one I am thankful for.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5032 posts
1421 upvotes
Montreal
geotr wrote:
Oct 6th, 2018 6:23 am
I mean they're ok I haven't used them for hours straight to test them just small chunks of time. not sure if they're just a gimmick I wish I had a machine to measure how much blue light they actually block
I can't speak on these ones particularly. I used to get a lot of dry eyes, headaches, feel tired, etc from looking at a screen all day. Flux was good, but it does not work in all situations and all devices. I had some monitors it did not work with due to my setup. I tried the gunnars and my issues went away. Now, I still can get some issues if I don't relax my eyes every once in a while (20-20-20) but they definitely helped. I've had them for a really long time now, and in the beginning I would swap out for normal glasses just to make sure it was legit. Sure enough, there was a noticeable difference.
Mar 8, 2010
62 posts
19 upvotes
Calgary
I was an early adopter of Gunnar Optiks. They do make a difference in terms of reducing eye stress when looking at a computer screen for prolonged periods (added benefit for nighttime driving also). The frames have held up well, however the quality of the coating scratches easily. Ended up replacing the lenses.
Dec 13, 2006
432 posts
329 upvotes
Vancouver
neverhaveiever wrote:
Oct 6th, 2018 8:19 am
no, it is a headrest and they are VERY useful. You use them when sitting back and thinking, or relaxing. You don't use it while actively driving.

You know that thing behind your head in your car, that no one really (or should not) use while driving? Yeah. That is a head rest. Very useful at times. It is a luxury and one I am thankful for.
I wonder why they dont have THINKING pads on most office chairs.. i guess people who work in office dont think or sit back much.. I guess it to induce more work and less RELAXING.. Either way, your pitch isnt selling me on the fact you and streamers own these stupid over prices chairs with fancy pillows that immatate race car bucket seats to play video games on..

To be fair, my KD tripled when i sat in my friends chair.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5032 posts
1421 upvotes
Montreal
meatwagon wrote:
Oct 6th, 2018 3:04 pm
I wonder why they dont have THINKING pads on most office chairs.. i guess people who work in office dont think or sit back much.. I guess it to induce more work and less RELAXING.. Either way, your pitch isnt selling me on the fact you and streamers own these stupid over prices chairs with fancy pillows that immatate race car bucket seats to play video games on..

To be fair, my KD tripled when i sat in my friends chair.
Please take your trolling elsewhere.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2014
1200 posts
625 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
geotr wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 3:18 pm
Bought a pair at the beginning of the month from the source for $19.99. Now they're going for $9.99

https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/computer ... /108063539
Wanted to check out a pair at The Source in Richmond Ctr.
Drove around the parking lot for while trying to find a space to park. Gave up and drove home. I guess it Gunnar's for me.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
2071 posts
269 upvotes
Toronto
neverhaveiever wrote:
Oct 6th, 2018 8:44 am
I can't speak on these ones particularly. I used to get a lot of dry eyes, headaches, feel tired, etc from looking at a screen all day. Flux was good, but it does not work in all situations and all devices. I had some monitors it did not work with due to my setup. I tried the gunnars and my issues went away. Now, I still can get some issues if I don't relax my eyes every once in a while (20-20-20) but they definitely helped. I've had them for a really long time now, and in the beginning I would swap out for normal glasses just to make sure it was legit. Sure enough, there was a noticeable difference.
I too noticed a reduction in dry eye over the few short instances I tried them on but I haven't tried them for extended periods to verify if it was a fluke.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
10920 posts
5094 upvotes
Southern Ontario
I have a pair of GO’s I bought on Massdrop, I’m not a gamer but I do clock a lot of hours in front of a screen, it’s not as important whether they work for acute symptoms such as fatigue or dry eye, I’m wearing them to reduce the risk of future AMD. The cumulative effects aren’t measurable but it would be in my best interest as I would sunglasses outside. Our eyes are not designed to protect us against that much blue light and oxidative stress as a result. You don’t necessarily need GO’s, just glasses that do the same if you are subjected to significant exposure.

Dec 10, 2006
535 posts
112 upvotes
Kitchener
I bought a pair after a recent concussion and I went from having a migraine after 30min on a computer to going a full day no issues. Concussion symptoms are nearly gone and I don't wear the glasses all the time at work, but I fine they help with eye fatigue so I'll continue to use them throughout the day. I have both the yellow and clear ones. They both definitely helped me.
Sep 13, 2015
218 posts
166 upvotes
Alberta
Thanks op! I just bought two pairs. My wife has been complaining about her eyes and just recently booked an appointment with optometrist. Now i can prove I've "listened" and I am trying to alleviate her symptoms, and a pair for me too...
Dec 1, 2013
201 posts
149 upvotes
Mine just shipped. Expected to arrive on Tuesday. Curious if anyone has received theirs yet, or had a shipping confirmation
Deal Addict
May 15, 2009
2119 posts
901 upvotes
North York
Both of mine just shipped as well. Arriving Tuesday and Wednesday.