Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

H4 LED Headlight Bulbs Hi/Lo Beam

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 18th, 2019 5:29 pm
Banned
Jul 19, 2018
181 posts
77 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] H4 LED Headlight Bulbs Hi/Lo Beam

Attach the $5 coupon and then use code WK4NOMFN to get price of $20.49. Order qualified for free shipping.

Bulb specs:
8400LM
56 - 60W
6000K white
2 year warranty
25 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
4612 posts
9051 upvotes
Abbotsford B.C.
don't buy these. All you're going to do is blind other drivers without giving yourself better vision.
If you want to join the cool LED guys, buy a housing made for LED bulbs. LED bulbs in a housing made for halogen bulbs is crap
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5707 posts
2276 upvotes
The shill is real. Also these are illegal for road use.
Journie: Use my promo code JR-ColinTOUM during registration, and you’ll automatically save 2¢/ L on your next fill-up. (Full disclosure: Once you do, I get a discount, too!)
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32139 posts
15421 upvotes
Socially Distanced
AFAIK there are no DOT approved LED halogen retrofits.
That makes them illegal, not that the cops seem to care but the other problem with this junk is the light distribution is terrible and they fail frequently. And they could cause damage to your vehicle for the favour.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2012
1429 posts
1157 upvotes
How well do these work in factory projector housings?
Aug 29, 2012
292 posts
250 upvotes
SURREY
It's cheaper to drive with your high beams on.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4044 posts
8903 upvotes
Vancouver
Quentin5 wrote: AFAIK there are no DOT approved LED halogen retrofits.
That makes them illegal, not that the cops seem to care but the other problem with this junk is the light distribution is terrible and they fail frequently. And they could cause damage to your vehicle for the favour.
It doesn't matter that they are not DOT approved for halogen housings.

What really matters is that these 2 things make it completely useless.

1) Blinds other drivers (LEDS were NOT designed to go into halogen projector housings)
2) The light emitted actually reduces your OWN visiblity

Read this for more information:

https://www.danielsternlighting.com/tec ... sions.html

NOBODY should buy these for halogen reflectors. if you want to do it right, retrofit with LED or HID *Projectors*. Still not dot approved, or technically legal but at the very least you are making it safer for yourself and others.

You can see these people from miles away when they put LEDS in, glare all over the place in your rear view mirror and substantially decreased useable light out front as they drive by.
Nov 28, 2016
770 posts
422 upvotes
Luyuan20 wrote: How well do these work in factory projector housings?
Don’t think a stock projector is taking H4.
Lurking on RFD for years. Finally decided to make an account...😂
Sep 8, 2014
613 posts
2020 upvotes
These H4 bulbs visibly have the same cup around the LED in the exact spot the cup is around a regular filament H4 bulb. The light pattern should be the same as an H4 Halogen bulb. Earlier versions of H4 bulbs did not have this cup so it was basically like driving with your high beams on all the time. These new versions have very similar beam patterns as Halogen H4.

I put LED H11 bulbs in my 2018 Civic factory projector housing and they work great. Beam cutoff is extremely sharp.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32139 posts
15421 upvotes
Socially Distanced
danascully wrote: It doesn't matter that they are not DOT approved for halogen housings.

What really matters is that these 2 things make it completely useless.

1) Blinds other drivers (LEDS were NOT designed to go into halogen projector housings)
2) The light emitted actually reduces your OWN visiblity

Read this for more information:

https://www.danielsternlighting.com/tec ... sions.html

NOBODY should buy these for halogen reflectors. if you want to do it right, retrofit with LED or HID *Projectors*. Still not dot approved, or technically legal but at the very least you are making it safer for yourself and others.

You can see these people from miles away when they put LEDS in, glare all over the place in your rear view mirror and substantially decreased useable light out front as they drive by.
I skimmed your link and i am basically saying the same thing but in far fewer words. So if what i say doesn't matter then saying the same thing would not matter either so you and your link are wrong by your logic :rolleyes:
The point of being legal is that they have the correct beam pattern and don't blind oncoming drivers. At least your link has details. Not damaging your housings is also a nice benefit of using certified bulbs. Not to say all LEDs will but bad designs can have the heatsinks overlapping the install points. The housings are often rubber or plastic.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Nov 30, 2013
511 posts
634 upvotes
NB
I use them for the high beams and aux lights. They do give more light than the stock bulbs but WAY too much glare when used for low beams.
I AM NOT A BOOMER, but I wish i was.
Banned
Jan 13, 2019
31 posts
20 upvotes
If the light bulb you are replacing is used as a Daytime Running Light (but at a lower voltage), the LED bulb may very well cause you problems. Google is your friend.
Nov 5, 2008
427 posts
364 upvotes
Richmond
For $20-$35 range you can get reputable name brand halogens from powerbulbs.ca when they have a 20-25% off sale which is quite often. Philips, Osrams are good brands. So being able to find "a good deal" on bulbs is not that difficult unless you're really trying for an LED conversion.
Dec 19, 2005
991 posts
60 upvotes
Brampton
Too bad deal is dead, I would have jumped on it at that price. Price is back up to $50. :(

Thanks OP for sharing.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
3057 posts
1504 upvotes
savethebeer wrote: It's cheaper to drive with your high beams on.
DON'T when there is ONCOMING TRAFFIC. I'm finding there are more and more ignorant people that have forgotten to turn off their high beams while passing other people. Also so ignorant people put higher power lights in their low beams then when you flash them to TURN THEM DOWN they turn on their ACTUAL high beams blinding you worse. What I really don't understand is people driving around a VERY well lit town with high beams on.

Are there now 3 toggles for lights in newer cars? It seems to me that there is, these idiots fumble and end up turning high beams back on after 3 toggles.

Lightbars are the worse in NL, people driving with them on in DAYLIGHT because they're morons and don't even know that their on, I've had more than one person with so many toggles they end up trying to turn things off, but they just turn it all back on too quickly.

I have a theory though, the screens in cars are too bright, giving you the perception that your lights aren't working correctly, nobody wants to dim the screens or they're not told how to, but the bright big lights shinning back into your eyes at night do make your lights seem worthless, it happened to me in my new car before I figured out that there was just too much light from my touchscreen and panels in my eyes to let me see my lights.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2010
1255 posts
814 upvotes
Canada
dealgini wrote: Too bad deal is dead, I would have jumped on it at that price. Price is back up to $50. :(

Thanks OP for sharing.
The $25 off code posted by the OP still works. The extra $5 coupon is gone.

I ordered a set for the John Deere
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
4612 posts
9051 upvotes
Abbotsford B.C.
Westbeachbc wrote: For $20-$35 range you can get reputable name brand halogens from powerbulbs.ca when they have a 20-25% off sale which is quite often. Philips, Osrams are good brands. So being able to find "a good deal" on bulbs is not that difficult unless you're really trying for an LED conversion.
I haven't bought from these guys, but my first glance says the prices seem ok

the website is https://www.powerbulbs.com/ca and they currently have a 25% off sale going

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)