Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

H7 + H11/H8/H9 LED headlight replacement for $33

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2019 5:22 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41801 posts
30055 upvotes
Center of Universe
Luyuan20 wrote: I assume it would be fine to put these into projector headlights?
Halogen projectors...no!
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10595 posts
15784 upvotes
GT-EH
Public Mobile Customer, $34/50GB CAN-US
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Picard
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
is it widely known that the sk2000 housing is the best for HID retrofit? i need a cheap pNp HID kit..i hate stock amber yellow lights!
i have 2012 honda civic but don't know if it has foglights? is that stock or addon i need to install?

9006 is my low beams H4 i guess

Order Summary
Items (2): CDN$ 56.98
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 6.99
Promotion Applied: -CDN$ 23.99
Free Shipping: -CDN$ 6.99
Total before tax: CDN$ 32.99
Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 0.00
Estimated PST/RST/QST: CDN$ 0.00
Order Total: CDN$ 32.99
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Nov 30, 2013
956 posts
1318 upvotes
Anikiri wrote: Please don't buy these as they will make you a huge douche. Please be considerate of others. If you want true LED low-high beams with daylights, get the whole assemply made specifically for LEDs.
Do you know where I can search for one for a 08 mazda 5?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
8687 posts
1542 upvotes
andyhejob wrote: What's the criteria to get code D92HREZO work?

I added 3 for my Subaru 2008,
H7 9005/HB3 9006/HB4

But the code D92HREZO doesn't work
You may have problems with your high beams. The 9005 usually doubles as a drl. I don't think these led bulbs can handle the drl voltage.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21392 posts
23732 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Luyuan20 wrote: I assume it would be fine to put these into projector headlights?
vkizzle wrote:
Halogen projectors...no!
Incan projector is a lot better than throwing these into a reflector housing. Still won’t be ideal as the beam pattern will still be off a bit due to the LEDs not spreading light the same way as the Incan bulb. The squirrel finders on the Incan projector with LED may cause excessive glare as a result.

Forgot to say these so called LEDs are usually shit due to how blue they are which are totally useless. Want proper designed units go with Phillips.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
8687 posts
1542 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Halogen projectors...no!
IMO the hids/leds + halogen projectors issue is blown way out of proportion. Is the cutoff and balance as clean as oem Hid? Of course not. Is it blinding every driver in the world? Nah. The blinding is coming from reflector housings or people straight up using their high beams.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
8687 posts
1542 upvotes
goofball wrote: You will not be able to adjust properly. All you will do is send more intense light closer to your car, causing you to not see as far once your eyes adjust to this brightness. You will still have improper glare as well.
Bad headlights are bad headlights, regardless of the bulb type and how clean your cutoff line is.

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/news/desktopne ... al-or-poor

IIHS tested and found that visibility is poor on most oem headlights even if they're led or hid. So much for everyone assuming that oem HID is always great.

I'm not advocating for people to put these leds in. Just tired of the holier than thou retrofit online crew. If the oem can't design an oem hid system that functions well, how does Joe blow think they can do it better by hacking some projectors off a s2k and baking their headlights on a cookie sheet in their wife's oven?
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4912 posts
4932 upvotes
Ontario
Could someone help me out I have a Ford Escape 2011 I'm in the middle of the woods so don't worry :P
---
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41801 posts
30055 upvotes
Center of Universe
Stock R wrote: Bad headlights are bad headlights, regardless of the bulb type and how clean your cutoff line is.

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/news/desktopne ... al-or-poor

IIHS tested and found that visibility is poor on most oem headlights even if they're led or hid. So much for everyone assuming that oem HID is always great.

I'm not advocating for people to put these leds in. Just tired of the holier than thou retrofit online crew. If the oem can't design an oem hid system that functions well, how does Joe blow think they can do it better by hacking some projectors off a s2k and baking their headlights on a cookie sheet in their wife's oven?
I agree, Corolla and Ford Explorers (guilty here) are blinding as hell, but no choice coming from the factory
We don't need other motorists to follow suit, when it can be avoided.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2004
4657 posts
1385 upvotes
Guelph, ON
Daijoubu wrote: Do not put anything else, LED or HID, in a reflector housing specifically designed for a halogen bulb!!!

It causes do much glare and the light distribution is all over the place.

Don't.
Exactly, stick to Halogen if that's OEM. If you want LED, buy that option with your car if offered,
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
20807 posts
6622 upvotes
London
Be careful with aftermarket LED bulbs. The light output can drop drastically as they heat up.

My buddy had a set which seemed to be ok. One night, he drove up north. About 1/2 up, the LEDs started to overheat and the light output started dropping. Eventually, the LEDs went very dim and he had to drive along the shoulder

Factory LED headlamps have giant aluminium heat sinks 10 times the size of these. The little cooling fans in aftermarket LEDs won’t move enough air
Last edited by l69norm on May 17th, 2018 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 26, 2017
475 posts
287 upvotes
Looked into buying LEDs a while ago.

I've seen some LEDs have a way to adjust the angle of light so it doesn't blind oncoming drivers. I don't think this one has it.
Also read about flickering issue.

In the end, concluded not worth the hassle and just got halogens again.
Public Mobile, 12GB LTE/3mo/$120 plan
---
I am in compliance with all forum rules
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10538 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
lesoir wrote: Do you know where I can search for one for a 08 mazda 5?
Sorry mate, I have no idea. I only know that for VW, you can get them at Shopdap.com or ECStuning.com
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10595 posts
15784 upvotes
GT-EH
These bulbs on SUVs and TRUCKS can be cause severe blinding glare to oncoming traffic.
These vehicles sit a LOT higher and the light cut off goes up even higher making it harder for everyone else on the road.

I agree, if the housing is not designed for LEDs, don't do it for the safety of others.

Read up on the conversions here:
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech ... sions.html
Public Mobile Customer, $34/50GB CAN-US
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Picard
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32144 posts
15423 upvotes
Socially Distanced
lesoir wrote: These idiots don't know how to aim and adjust their headlights. I am prepare to. I've done my fair share driving at night on the 401 between GTA and Kingston. I am very annoyed at these idiots as well.
Its not this simple, headlights have to match a beam profile to be DOT/SAE compliant aka road legal. A headlight housing is designed to take light from a compliant bulb and direct it in a legal way to illuminate the road while not blinding oncoming drivers. LEDs do not have the same beam profile as a Halogen so the beam profile will be screwed up if you retrofit it.
OEM LED headlights have reflectors designed for the LED that is being used hence they can be road legal and can in fact work better then halogen if properly designed.

All that said its probably possible to make LEDs that deliver a compatible beam profile for a retrofit bulb, but no one seems to have been able to pull it off. And certification is not even expensive, manufacturers self certify in Canada iirc, but if they lie they can face legal action from the government. So convince someone to actually make certifiable bulbs, test them then they can sell them as legal retrofit bulbs and rake in the cash. Possibly the only reason this has not happened yet is that no one has been able to invent a bulb that can pass the simple requirements to be road legal because LED bulbs have a very different beam profile then halogen and in a halogen housing won't work correctly...
Last edited by Quentin5 on May 17th, 2018 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
8554 posts
5570 upvotes
Trudostan
What if the housing has clouded so bad that the light output is diffused anyway? LOL. I've seen someone drive around town in an old rusty caravan with LED headlights and they don't have to worry about beam pattern.
larryperry wrote: Looked into buying LEDs a while ago.

I've seen some LEDs have a way to adjust the angle of light so it doesn't blind oncoming drivers. I don't think this one has it.
Also read about flickering issue.

In the end, concluded not worth the hassle and just got halogens again.
I came to the same conclusion. Beam patterns aside, there's just too many potential headaches here with reliability. If these were genuine from a respectable LED brand like Philips different story, but I learned long ago that gambling with cheap electrical/safety devices is not worth it. I'm actually satisfied with my halogen lights, work as intended and I can't ask much more from my sports camry. The cooler color temperature and higher lumen output of LEDs actually works against you for visibility in fog and heavy rain.
l69norm wrote: Be careful with aftermarket LED bulbs. The light output can drop drastically as they heat up.

My buddy had a set which seemed to be ok. On night, he drove up north. About 1/2 up, the LEDs started to overheat and the light output started dropping. Eventually, the LEDs went very dim and he had to drive along the shoulder

Factory LED headlamps have giant aluminium heat sinks 10 times the size of these. The little cooling fans in aftermarket LEDs won’t move enough air
I've always been skeptical of these ebay-esque LED retrofits as well, particularly active cooled units. Sketchy LEDs and components + unknown build quality + active cooling just sounds like a bad idea if you value reliability. Looks great at first but for how long? The reviews seem to be a mixed bag accordingly
Last edited by M1K3Z0R on May 17th, 2018 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAMSUNG SUCKS! NO SSD WARRANTY IN CANADA > https://forums.redflagdeals.com/has-any ... d-2098075/
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2012
3049 posts
1468 upvotes
MARKHAM
lesoir wrote: These idiots don't know how to aim and adjust their headlights. I am prepare to. I've done my fair share driving at night on the 401 between GTA and Kingston. I am very annoyed at these idiots as well.
Nope, hater here doesn't understand how aiming work. They bandwagon hate on all none projector headlight user. That's fact, only here.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32144 posts
15423 upvotes
Socially Distanced
M1K3Z0R wrote: What if the housing has clouded so bad that the light output is diffused anyway? LOL. I've seen someone drive around town in an old rusty caravan with LED headlights and they don't have to worry about beam pattern.
I have noticed this as well, they end up being lanterns instead of headlights Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
I came to the same conclusion. Beam patterns aside, there's just too many potential headaches here with reliability. If these were genuine from a respectable LED brand like Philips different story, but I learned long ago that gambling with cheap electrical/safety devices is not worth it. I'm actually satisfied with my halogen lights, work as intended and I can't ask much more.
Indeed, i came to the same conclusion as well, when i was looking for headlight replacements i extensively looked into LEDs and while many claim identical beam pattern but brighter none inspired confidence and some that claimed road legal then deleted those claims. Philips does actually have some LED retrofit headlight bulbs but prominently state off road only.
I ended up going with Philips halogen, ~3300K.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Don’t be that guy who blinds people with LED bulbs in reflective halogen housings, and tints the rears so we don’t notice you braking.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)