Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Hella Supertone Car Horn $39.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2017 9:54 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
3026 posts
1670 upvotes
B.C.

[Amazon.ca] Hella Supertone Car Horn $39.99

Lowest price ever for these highly rated horns!

I've got a pair and they nearly shoot the bumper off my car when I honk them!

https://www.amazon.ca/HELLA-003399801-S ... B000CRZXPI
Last edited by lennyandcarl on Dec 21st, 2017 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
39 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
8405 posts
4690 upvotes
I bought these a few years ago and never installed them, even though somebody sent me a guide on how to do it for my car...

Now I'm just planning to buy a new car anyway. Every review of these horns say that they are LOUD and get intimidate even the most aggressive of drivers. Psychology factor of loud horns.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
3026 posts
1670 upvotes
B.C.
SoroSuub1 wrote: I bought these a few years ago and never installed them, even though somebody sent me a guide on how to do it for my car...

Now I'm just planning to buy a new car anyway. Every review of these horns say that they are LOUD and get intimidate even the most aggressive of drivers. Psychology factor of loud horns.
I'd say there are also a few people that are unhappy with the tone of the horn - they're not super low sounding like an old chrysler or something. It does however get attention - which is kind of the point of a horn!

Everyone should listen to a video of these, and preferably one that wasn't recorded with a super bad cell phone camera mic!
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
4169 posts
6806 upvotes
Langley, BC
ah yes, a very loud horn to scare the person you're honking at so much they will lose focus on driving and cause an accident. why not just install a fog horn?
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10483 posts
7616 upvotes
ON
SoroSuub1 wrote: I bought these a few years ago and never installed them, even though somebody sent me a guide on how to do it for my car...

Lol...good luck !!! You will however make them angrier and more aggressive, so be prepared for the backlash.
Loud horns only work on people who are non experienced and usually not in a good way as their actions are unpredictable and could put you in more danger than a quiet evasive maneuver will.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
4169 posts
6806 upvotes
Langley, BC
^ jokes on him, he was shot later that night.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
3026 posts
1670 upvotes
B.C.
steven80 wrote: ah yes, a very loud horn to scare the person you're honking at so much they will lose focus on driving and cause an accident. why not just install a fog horn?

I had a fog horn but the cranking gets tiring after a while!
Jul 6, 2012
199 posts
80 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
I'll confess this is tempting... my little Yaris gets pushed around a lot and I frequently think the horn really isn't loud enough to warn somebody of impending danger. Almost had an 18 wheeler in stopped traffic backup onto me (guessing he let go of the clutch or something while distracted. )
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
4169 posts
6806 upvotes
Langley, BC
Just install a speaker outside and play gunshots through it.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
2761 posts
1830 upvotes
GTA
So tempting! I already have a pair of these that I haven't been able to find the time to install on my new car. They are awesome. My low tone on my old Nissan died so I replaced the OEM horns with these. SOO much better.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6949 posts
7522 upvotes
BC
For anyone that doesn't like the pitch/tone of this horn, look into the Fiamm freeway blasters or Hella sharptones.
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Jul 2, 2014
491 posts
168 upvotes
Maple, ON
dilligafeh wrote: ..
I loved this so much I wanted to get one in my car but I was looking at specs of the ones from hornblasters and couldn't find a proper spot to mount em. The only spot I could find was so put it on the roof aha. Drivers around me have been spared... til I get a truck in the future.
Last edited by MrDisco on Dec 21st, 2017 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote was removed
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41797 posts
30054 upvotes
Center of Universe
steven80 wrote: Just install a speaker outside and play gunshots through it.
Gunshot sounds aren't intimidating at the least.
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10483 posts
7616 upvotes
ON
Muchacho123 wrote: I'll confess this is tempting... my little Yaris gets pushed around a lot and I frequently think the horn really isn't loud enough to warn somebody of impending danger. Almost had an 18 wheeler in stopped traffic backup onto me (guessing he let go of the clutch or something while distracted. )
How cute ...
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2603 posts
1849 upvotes
North Vancouver

Don't care for the high pitch.
Basil: Well, may I ask what you were expecting to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House, perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically -?
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
3057 posts
1504 upvotes
If your horn noise is bothering you, you're probably using it too much.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
4567 posts
3509 upvotes
Montreal
The problem with these horns is you can no longer do a "hey you" anymore, it's "YOU #%$^#%$ PIECE OF &%^&#%&^*#$" all the time.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)