Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Honeywell QuietCare Humidifier - $62.99 (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2018 1:30 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2018
1575 posts
4117 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Amazon.ca] Honeywell QuietCare Humidifier - $62.99 (YMMV)

Have been looking for a humidifier when a price alert for this model popped up.
It hasn't been below 71.99 for a while so seems like an interesting deal. Plus the 3-year warranty helps.

Last edited by michelangelo88 on Nov 19th, 2018 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
46 replies
Dec 9, 2017
414 posts
1129 upvotes
Please explain the downvote. I’m on the market for one.
Jul 7, 2003
710 posts
413 upvotes
I picked up the germ free version (HCM350) of this Honeywell off Amazon. If you don't mind the black version, it's listed at $84.99 which is a pretty good price for this model. It gets very good reviews online. For some reason, the HCM350 is hard to find in Canada at a reasonable price. Cdn Tire and HD carry the non-germ free version (HEV355) that is listed in the OP. I tried to pick up an HCM350 when I was in the U.S. recently but they don't appear to carry this model in stores but is available online at about $55US.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00FJT ... =UTF8&th=1
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
2849 posts
502 upvotes
Mississauga
Do you have to clean this everyday?
Like you have to use soup and water to clean it we'll right?
Jul 20, 2016
294 posts
195 upvotes
Ontario
killer007 wrote: Do you have to clean this everyday?
Like you have to use soup and water to clean it we'll right?
Yes. Vegetable soup is the best as it helps put more nutrients into the air you breathe.
Dec 26, 2015
480 posts
398 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I am also looking for a humidifier. Any inputs would be appreciated...also this or wait till black Friday?
Apr 15, 2017
18 posts
20 upvotes
audiohs wrote: I picked up the germ free version (HCM350) of this Honeywell off Amazon. If you don't mind the black version, it's listed at $84.99 which is a pretty good price for this model. It gets very good reviews online. For some reason, the HCM350 is hard to find in Canada at a reasonable price. Cdn Tire and HD carry the non-germ free version (HEV355) that is listed in the OP. I tried to pick up an HCM350 when I was in the U.S. recently but they don't appear to carry this model in stores but is available online at about $55US.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00FJT ... =UTF8&th=1
I ended up buying this model a couple weeks ago after reading the NYT/Wirecutter Humidifier roundup. What sold me on it was the clean-up video:

So far I've kept up with hot water / soap cleanings every other day. I can clean the whole thing - base, tank, and filter in less than a couple minutes without any extra brushes. I'm probably fine to clean once every third day, but it's in our bedroom and I would like to take the extra precaution. I'm not actually sure if the UV lightbulb in the slightly more expensive model actually does anything to kill germs, but I spent the extra few bucks to buy it.

If you buy the non-uv model, it's probably the exact same clean-up procedure, and if you're cleaning it often, it's probably fine.
Jan 24, 2015
26 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
i'm looking for a smaller humidifier. please let me know if anyone spotted any good deals
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4533 posts
5072 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
One thing to keep in mind is that's a small watertank, 24 hours would be surprising. I have an 8L (approx) one not sure of the model, but same brand, and i'm refilling it every day. Mind you our air is very dry (730ish ft condo) so its running a lot, but that's why we bought it.

Other thing is that the filters are expensive and the knockoff filters don't work very well. One trick to making them last is flip the filter every time you refill the water. As long as the water isn't sitting and it's constantly running you don't have to clean it every day that's a bit excessive, I usually clean it once a month when i buy a new filter or if it starts smelling bad.

The UV germ light is just marketing.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2004
2057 posts
479 upvotes
Burlington
Ecsta wrote: One thing to keep in mind is that's a small watertank, 24 hours would be surprising. I have an 8L (approx) one not sure of the model, but same brand, and i'm refilling it every day. Mind you our air is very dry (730ish ft condo) so its running a lot, but that's why we bought it.

Other thing is that the filters are expensive and the knockoff filters don't work very well. One trick to making them last is flip the filter every time you refill the water. As long as the water isn't sitting and it's constantly running you don't have to clean it every day that's a bit excessive, I usually clean it once a month when i buy a new filter or if it starts smelling bad.

The UV germ light is just marketing.
I was just coming to recommend flipping the filter to help keep it going. If you have hard tap water it might be worth using distilled water or getting one of the add-ons to help with hard water.

I also found that every week or so I would empty everything and it the whole thing dry for a day or so.

I ended up getting one that has a humidistat. This helps to keep the humidity more constant instead of you manually adjusting it. The PureGardians ones go onsale once in a while at Costco or Caynes.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
2399 posts
1088 upvotes
budfrogs wrote: I was just coming to recommend flipping the filter to help keep it going. If you have hard tap water it might be worth using distilled water or getting one of the add-ons to help with hard water.

I also found that every week or so I would empty everything and it the whole thing dry for a day or so.

I ended up getting one that has a humidistat. This helps to keep the humidity more constant instead of you manually adjusting it. The PureGardians ones go onsale once in a while at Costco or Caynes.
How long do the filters generally last for you? I see they're 9.99 on amazon right now which doesn't seem too bad.
“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. -Wayne Gretzky"
- Michael Scott
Jan 4, 2010
309 posts
439 upvotes
Mississauga
What I want is a cheap one that I can refill from the top. I hate having to take the tank out and bring it to my tub every day.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2004
2057 posts
479 upvotes
Burlington
Zephyr22b wrote: How long do the filters generally last for you? I see they're 9.99 on amazon right now which doesn't seem too bad.
I was getting a season out of a filter. I don't know how people say it only lasts a day or 2. Their water must be very hard.
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
18021 posts
7061 upvotes
Toronto
I would suggest something different:

We have 3 of these units from Canadian Tire (On sale for $40) and they are working flawlessly for several years now: https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/hone ... p.html#srp

It has no filters, quiet, and very easy to clean. Just separate the various components and soak them in white vinegar when you see a buildup. Here is a tip: If you have hard water in your area, you can use distilled water to limit the buildup. I am too cheap to do that so I just clean the unit with white vinegar down every month. At the end of the season, I clean it down with vinegar and then use bleach to disinfect everything.

The warm mist has been very helpful in the winter months as it helps limit sinus/dry cough issues. For a small room (under 300 sq. feet), set it on low and it the room can easily maintain 45% to 50% humidity levels. For larger rooms, set the unit to high speed.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2006
2176 posts
407 upvotes
Mississauga
Looks like this humidifier does not automatically turn off when it runs out of water. Is there a risk of damage if it runs without water ?
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2011
1256 posts
865 upvotes
Toronto
krypton wrote: Looks like this humidifier does not automatically turn off when it runs out of water. Is there a risk of damage if it runs without water ?
There's no heating element in a evaporative humidifier. The only risk you get is from turning the fan on for a prolonged period of time. At low speed the fan is barely noticeable, at high speed it is actually an alternate source of white noise that may help someone to get into sleep.