Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Amazon.ca - Honeywell Warm Moisture Humidifier [$33.97]

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2015 2:13 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
3748 posts
6586 upvotes
Calgary

Amazon.ca - Honeywell Warm Moisture Humidifier [$33.97]

Deal Link:
Price:
http://www.amazon.ca/Honeywell-HWM705BC ... op?ie=UTF8

Decent reviews. Simple humidifier that requires no fancy filters and because it boils the water, it kills any bacteria in the water. Use demineralized water like RO water to keep maintenance to a minimum.

14 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3914 posts
4767 upvotes
Canada
asifnana wrote: Cool mist is better
You sure? I could swear I read that warm mist is better because it's steam and therefore kills any germs before sending it into the air.
Sep 7, 2013
219 posts
32 upvotes
Montr
warm moisture may cause bacteria growth.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
3748 posts
6586 upvotes
Calgary
WTFMAN wrote: warm moisture may cause bacteria growth.
Not within the humidifier unit. If the humidity is too high in the room, then yes, there could a chance of microbiological growth.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
1377 posts
1186 upvotes
RxMills wrote: You sure? I could swear I read that warm mist is better because it's steam and therefore kills any germs before sending it into the air.
Also requires lot of electricity to boil the water, so cost a lot to run compared to cool mist
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2003
4756 posts
1331 upvotes
Toronto
Are there any warm mist humidifiers that are as quiet as cool mist?
Jan 1, 2005
986 posts
835 upvotes
Montreal
asifnana wrote: Also requires lot of electricity to boil the water, so cost a lot to run compared to cool mist
It ends up the same though, as cool mist just pulverize microscopic droplets of water that suck heat from the air to evaporate, dropping the ambiant temperature, i.e. your heating system does the job that the warm mist humidifier does by nature.
Mar 22, 2012
181 posts
48 upvotes
BROSSARD
Bought 1. Thanks thread starter. Was looking at them for my wife. Cheap price and fill a need :)
Jan 20, 2013
161 posts
14 upvotes
ZipSpeed wrote: Not within the humidifier unit. If the humidity is too high in the room, then yes, there could a chance of microbiological growth.
Actually it can within the unit. I bought fancy $100 warm/cool mist with a silver filter which dosnt allow bacteria to grow in the water tank. Which it didn't in the tank but it leaves the tank on goes into the reservoir where it creates the steam and goes up and out. I had it on at night and not day but warm water would sit in there until it cooled. Something got in there and made a red algae looking thing that was then steamed up threw shaft which you can't wash out and into air.
Sep 6, 2011
232 posts
42 upvotes
Calgary
tks op. looks pretty good from Amazon reviews. Got 2.
Jan 11, 2010
120 posts
11 upvotes
I've used many kinds of humidifiers (cool/warm mist, ultrasonic, etc). This brand so far works best. I have 4 at home. The only thing to keep in mind is that you have to clean it REGULARLY, otherwise you won't like it.
Jul 9, 2014
9 posts
Montreal, QC
thx op. looking for one for quite a while. decent deal.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)