Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] HOT - $445 - ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 2060 Super AMP Extreme (possibly $390 with Airmiles 25x Promo)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2019 2:58 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
3741 posts
4600 upvotes
Burnaby, BC

[Amazon.ca] HOT - $445 - ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 2060 Super AMP Extreme (possibly $390 with Airmiles 25x Promo)

Good price, since there's no 2070 or 5700 XT deals to be found.

No reviews of the card, but the cooler seems good and capable: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/zota ... me/31.html

Use your cash back sites. Hmm, according to a BAPC sub user, current Airmiles promo 20x and 5x might mean an additional $55 off. I'm not sure how Airmiles works.
Last edited by Nikhilvoid on Dec 2nd, 2019 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
21 replies
Apr 9, 2017
126 posts
144 upvotes
BC
Decent deal. Should be around 5700 equivalent?

This is also Zotac top cooler for its lineup. Just make sure it fits in your case cause its seem to be a long boi.
Aug 12, 2019
11 posts
49 upvotes
Pretty good deal considering its 8gb. I'd budget out for the 6GB model at Canada Computers. its like 359
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
3741 posts
4600 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
2070 equivalent with the factory OC, I think. I was really hoping they'd clear out 2070 or 2080 cards, but no. Generous return policy, too. If the airmiles promo works, this would be $55 less. Anyone know how if it's similar to ebates? Takes a couple of months?
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
4037 posts
988 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks OP. This was the missing piece of my new computer build. At $445, this is already a really great price IMO and the Airmilesshop deal really sweetens the deal. Black Friday was a bit of a disappointment for nVidia cards and I think some of the best deals were $359 2060 and $329 1660 Ti if, like most people, you couldn't score the 2060. The 2060 Super is well, well-worth the $40 (less, with luck) premium over its non-Super little brother which was already significantly discounted and hard to get (plus bad reviews on the Gigabyte model).

Not really sure how the Airmilesshop deal will pan out but I'm expecting at least 440 AM for the purchase (20x). If the extra 5x comes in, that'll be an extra 110 AM and if the 50 AM $100 purchase bonus offer also comes in that's a total of 600AM for greater than $44-60 straight-to-cash value.

Edit: Sold out 3 hours in but re-stocking ETA is not bad.
Edit 2: Show may be over, folks. Amazon removed as an option from sellers list.
Last edited by lhsonic on Dec 2nd, 2019 6:05 am, edited 5 times in total.
Removed external link in signature.
Feb 14, 2012
914 posts
591 upvotes
Toronto
EricK56418 wrote: Pretty good deal considering its 8gb. I'd budget out for the 6GB model at Canada Computers. its like 359
That's oos everywhere I'm pretty sure. But that is an great deal.
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
1093 posts
1628 upvotes
Good for the new VR box building for the kids play room. Was really hoping to find 2070 Super's this BF in the $575-$600 range but alas. Thanks OP.
Aug 12, 2006
582 posts
112 upvotes
Markham
Does anyone have this card and know if it has fan stop? Very few reviews for this specific model.
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
1093 posts
1628 upvotes
Has been out of stock for the past 3 hours but the order link has been re-enabled a few times to purchase new stock arriving December 6. Currently can't order but I'd keep checking if you want this deal.
cloud9x wrote: Does anyone have this card and know if it has fan stop? Very few reviews for this specific model.
https://www.zotac.com/us/product/graphi ... mp-extreme
https://www.zotac.com/us/page/zotac-gam ... per-series

No, the fans on this one won't completely spin down:
FREEZE
Featuring fan stop. An inspired innovation that enables your powerful graphics card to become silent while reducing the wear and tear on the fan system. Greater system stability is achieved with precision temperature gauging and wider temperature tolerance. Fans start and stop at their pre-defined threshold automatically so game on.

*available on 2080 SUPER AMP Extreme and 2080 SUPER AMP
The left and center fans run at a different RPM speed compared to the outer third fan depending on heat level so *may* be relatively quiet:
ACTIVE FAN CONTROL
Two individual fan controllers allow users to adjust fan rotations independently and apply increased airflow only to where and when it’s needed, reducing overall noise and increasing longevity while still keeping things cool under the hood and performance going strong. It’s all done automatically so there’s nothing you need to do.

*not available on 2060 SUPER MINI and blower models

** On triple fan coolers, the left and center fans are grouped as FAN1
Seems one can overclock this pretty easily:
FIRESTORM
Designed with a more intuitive and minimal interface, get in and out quickly. Fine tune your ZOTAC GAMING Graphics Card with enhanced intelligence, adjust the SPECTRA lighting, monitor the hardware status, and much more.

OC SCANNER
Get more out of your ZOTAC GAMING graphics card with OC SCANNER. With a simple button click, we take the tedious trial and error process out of the equation when extracting more speed. Start the process, take a short break, and come back to a faster graphics card. Download the ZOTAC GAMING FireStorm and start scanning today.

*applicable to ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX and GeForce GTX 16 series graphics cards
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
3741 posts
4600 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Wow, that was over 3x faster than the Ryzen deals. How much stock does Amazon keep for a nationwide sale?

Still not sure if I should keep this or my 1070 and wait for the next generation. Performance is 30% improved, but still not good enough for 4k.
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
1093 posts
1628 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote: Wow, that was over 3x faster than the Ryzen deals. How much stock does Amazon keep for a nationwide sale?

Still not sure if I should keep this or my 1070 and wait for the next generation. Performance is 30% improved, but still not good enough for 4k.
Yea this one went fast. Glad I saw your post right away, thanks.

If it were me it'd depend on how good my local market was for selling a 1070. They're being listed in the $300 range in my city (so would probably actually sell for $250 - $275 unless you get lucky from a Christmas buyer). At $445-250 that'd be $195 for the upgrade with resale value better down the line thanks to it being RTX and a Super. I'd probably sell the 1070 and keep the 2060 Super for 30% improvement in the mean time under those circumstances.
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
1093 posts
1628 upvotes
Can be ordered again for shipment starting Dec 7.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
3741 posts
4600 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Just got mine. It almost fit. So I spent maybe 4 hours figuring it out. Had to use pliers and a hammer to bend the tough aluminum drive bay till it fit. Hope I didn't damage it or my hard drives :/

Almost ordered a new case from Amazon