Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] *HOT* Fellowes ps79ci shredder $191.70 (and $100 MIR)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2017 4:04 pm
[OP]
Apr 22, 2010
184 posts
99 upvotes
Markham

[Amazon Canada] *HOT* Fellowes ps79ci shredder $191.70 (and $100 MIR)

This shredder is on sale at Amazon for $191.70. After Ontario taxes, $216.62.

There is a mail-in-rebate that is good until purchases before Oct. 10, 2017, available here: https://www.staples.ca/sbdca/en_CA/img/ ... 170703.pdf

I emailed Fellowes and they responded that the rebate is good for any retailer and not just Staples.

Minus the $100 rebate, the end total will be $116.62.
Thread Summary
1% ebates cashback
153 replies
Apr 13, 2004
850 posts
115 upvotes
Orleans, ON
This looks like a price error on Amazon, they have price matched the exact price from the Staples site but the Staples price is net of the $100 MIR... Really hate MIRs but this is a good deal...
Aug 2, 2017
707 posts
93 upvotes
Logtown
I've actually been holding a Fellowes 99Ci shredder in my wish list for a while waiting on the price to go down.

Here's the comparison of various models of the same type of shredder shown on Amazon:

Comparing these two, they're exactly the same with minor operation differences (99ci for significantly more intensive operation -- 25 mins run time vs the 79Ci's 10), a few pages less at a time (13 vs 17), and a slightly smaller bin (6 vs 9 gal). The 99Ci right now is $350'ish, but this rebate also applies to the 99Ci.

Will talk to wife about this, is very ideal for the house and the mail in rebate makes the price extremely tempting. Thanks OP.
Aug 2, 2017
707 posts
93 upvotes
Logtown
waloshin wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2017 11:47 am
Will we get the rebate as well?
The only restriction I read says "Offer limited to residents of Canada".
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
17392 posts
3731 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Ordered and thanked. My old shredder has been needing replacement for a long time.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
2294 posts
769 upvotes
AndySixx wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2017 12:07 pm
I've actually been holding a Fellowes 99Ci shredder in my wish list for a while waiting on the price to go down.

Here's the comparison of various models of the same type of shredder shown on Amazon:

Comparing these two, they're exactly the same with minor operation differences (99ci for significantly more intensive operation -- 25 mins run time vs the 79Ci's 10), a few pages less at a time (13 vs 17), and a slightly smaller bin (6 vs 9 gal). The 99Ci right now is $350'ish, but this rebate also applies to the 99Ci.

Will talk to wife about this, is very ideal for the house and the mail in rebate makes the price extremely tempting. Thanks OP.
That is an older comparison sheet. They must have improved the design/efficiency. See the rebate form for the updated comparison chart.
18 vs 16 sheets
30 on 40 off vs 20 on 30 off (this is the big one for me as most shedding sessions last me between 15-20 minutes so I can do it all with the 79Ci without having to let it cool down for a long time).

The Fellowes email response is incredibly fast (got a reply within 30 minutes to the general email and a response within 2 minutes of sending a reply to a specific person.
Here is how I was advised to complete the form for homeowner purchase:
Cross company/title out and just put your name and address

Also, she said:
If you happen to get it through Staples, please do not purchase their lubricating sheets
Because they damage the gears in our shredder and void the warranty. None of the lubricating sheets are any good. We experimented with them ourselves and found they dry out and pieces break off and lodge between the gear teeth and/or paper strippers.
Last edited by flyer12 on Sep 22nd, 2017 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 2, 2017
707 posts
93 upvotes
Logtown
flyer12 wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2017 12:25 pm
That is an older comparison sheet. They must have improved the design/efficiency. See the rebate form for the updated comparison chart.
18 vs 16 sheets
30 on 40 off vs 20 on 30 off (this is the big one for me as most shedding sessions last me between 15-20 minutes so I can do it all with the 79Ci without having to let it cool down for a long time).

The Fellowes email response is incredibly fast (got a reply within 30 minutes to the general email and a response within 2 minutes of sending a reply to a specific person.
Here is how I was advised to complete the form for homeowner purchase:
Cross company/title out and just put your name and address

Also, she said:
If you happen to get it through Staples, please do not purchase their lubricating sheets
Because they damage the gears in our shredder and void the warranty.
Thanks for the info. :)
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2005
2532 posts
378 upvotes
Gosh...bought it. I just hope the rebate goes through. As dogbolter mentioned...Staples is net of the MIR, and with $116.62 all in...it's a solid deal.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
2294 posts
769 upvotes
AndySixx wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2017 12:27 pm
Thanks for the info. :)
Hopefully amazon is selling current stock and not the older version.
Apr 3, 2010
265 posts
155 upvotes
"If you happen to get it through Staples, please do not purchase their lubricating sheets because they damage the gears in our shredder and void the warranty. None of the lubricating sheets are any good. We experimented with them ourselves and found they dry out and pieces break off and lodge between the gear teeth and/or paper strippers."

I've had this exact same shredder for a few years now. Here's what I do. I got some sewing machine oil at a dollar store. You pour a small amount in a squiggly pattern on plain paper, and then put another sheet on top of it to make an "oil sandwich". Then just run it through the shredder. Works fine for me.

This is a good shredder, by the way. I just keep it for normal home use, and it's never given me any problems. I got it for $40 on eBay, brand-new. It had a slightly cracked bin (probably from rough handling), which I glued, and it works with no issues. I got a heck of a deal there.
Jul 11, 2008
399 posts
89 upvotes
rugerty100 wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2017 12:49 pm
Thanks OP!

I checked Amazon for other Fellowes shredder and found the Fellowes Auto Max 200C for $354.56 again matching the Staples price. $200 MIR for this one though, so after taxes and postage, all-in price of less than $200. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
I see $608 on amazon for this 1
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
1384 posts
161 upvotes
I'm surprised shredders are so expensive. I bought a microcut one for $30 a while back.