Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

HOT! Honeywell HE360A Whole House Powered Humidifier $100 Reg $249

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2019 5:18 pm
55 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2012
1318 posts
727 upvotes
EDMONTON
Does this use evaporating pads that needs periodic replacement?
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3874 posts
5397 upvotes
Oakville
I get this 360 model during Amazon prime for $115 for warehouse deals, and the 280 model for $100, and got the Aprilaire 700 for $150. I kept the Aprilaire and am selling the other two in Halton Region (miltonf Oakville Burlington), at cost, the same price I paid if anyone wants one.

My last day to return is mid August.

OP deal is great too btw
-ZdpZ... ;)
Feb 2, 2006
40 posts
29 upvotes
Windsor
Thanks for the post! I had a $5 Prime day card and $15 from their video promo so it cost me only $90 all in.
Mar 8, 2006
993 posts
1223 upvotes
Great deal! Walmart.ca has it on clearance price as well.
Dec 9, 2003
444 posts
227 upvotes
I got this one from when Walmart clears out stock @ $80 which happened just recently. Good price however
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2588 posts
2052 upvotes
Clarington
Thanks OP

Nabbed one for winter!
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
delldeals8 wrote: Does this use evaporating pads that needs periodic replacement?
I have a Lennox powered whole home humidifier, I can get away with only replacing it once every 2+ years and they're cheap.
Dec 7, 2012
480 posts
969 upvotes
Thanks OP. Good price so I bought one.

I'm a little concerned with some of the walmart 1 star reviews, namely --> "plastic turned hard and fell apart
lasted 1 year this humidifier is junk had to cut plastic around fan shroud to stop noise from fan rubbing on it."

I'll test it out and see.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2003
4258 posts
1028 upvotes
GTA
BinaryJay wrote: I have a Lennox powered whole home humidifier, I can get away with only replacing it once every 2+ years and they're cheap.
No issues with pink or black mould on the pad?
Feb 11, 2007
627 posts
375 upvotes
Out of stock wherever you go according to StockTrack
petah wrote: Great deal! Walmart.ca has it on clearance price as well.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
I didn't look at the specs for this specific model, but most flow-through humidifiers waste an incredible amount of water that ends up going down the drain vs. evaporated (so extremely low in terms of water efficiency). I bought an Aprilaire 400 that is similar to flow-through, but has virtually zero water waste. It works by having a small catch basin at the bottom of the pad with water level sensors. If the catch basin starts to fill it shuts off the water. The evap pad makes contact with the catch basin so it will continue to evaporate water from there until the level goes down and it re-opens the valve. Works great, and no drain required (I'll admit this was the big thing for me since my water usage isn't metered but I don't have a drain available and would have needed to put in a pump).
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2005
1817 posts
1337 upvotes
GT!! wrote: I didn't look at the specs for this specific model, but most flow-through humidifiers waste an incredible amount of water that ends up going down the drain vs. evaporated (so extremely low in terms of water efficiency). I bought an Aprilaire 400 that is similar to flow-through, but has virtually zero water waste. It works by having a small catch basin at the bottom of the pad with water level sensors. If the catch basin starts to fill it shuts off the water. The evap pad makes contact with the catch basin so it will continue to evaporate water from there until the level goes down and it re-opens the valve. Works great, and no drain required (I'll admit this was the big thing for me since my water usage isn't metered but I don't have a drain available and would have needed to put in a pump).
Yeah I vote for the Desert Spring humidifier, vs these flow through ones. Too much water wastage
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1314 posts
1845 upvotes
Toronto
GT!! wrote: I didn't look at the specs for this specific model, but most flow-through humidifiers waste an incredible amount of water that ends up going down the drain vs. evaporated (so extremely low in terms of water efficiency). I bought an Aprilaire 400 that is similar to flow-through, but has virtually zero water waste. It works by having a small catch basin at the bottom of the pad with water level sensors. If the catch basin starts to fill it shuts off the water. The evap pad makes contact with the catch basin so it will continue to evaporate water from there until the level goes down and it re-opens the valve. Works great, and no drain required (I'll admit this was the big thing for me since my water usage isn't metered but I don't have a drain available and would have needed to put in a pump).
What are we talking about in terms of $$$ wasted? Aprilaire 400 is almost 500 bucks vs this $100.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 9, 2008
5684 posts
2251 upvotes
Thornhill
Anyone know what the estimated cost on having a good installer installing this would cost?
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
kthxbye wrote: Thanks for the link.

You think it pays for itself in terms of water savings in a few years?
I honestly haven't done the math, and it depends on how much you pay for water anyway. I think the water wasted can be over 15-20 gallons per day (took this from here: https://careymoonbeam.wordpress.com/201 ... ier-using/). Assuming the humidifier is used for 5 months of the year that is up to 3,000 gallons a year wasted (150 days * 20 gallons/day). Over a 10 year lifespan that's 30,000 gallons. How much is that worth?
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21246 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
That's really no different then $100 drum style humidifier then.

Personally I would go for the Desert Spring DS3200P Rotary Disc Humidifier with AutoFlush for $299.
No waste except for the periodic flushing which helps prevent mold/mineral deposit buildup.
https://www.dsepstoreca.com/collections ... l-save-100

However, cost wise, a $100 drum filter is hard to beat. Wastes no water and just needs cleaning once a year at the end of the heating season (unless you have really high mineral content in your water).
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)