Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] HOT Jamieson Vitamin B12 1,000 mcg (Methylcobalamin) 100 Sublingual Tablets

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 24th, 2017 9:12 am
[OP]
Feb 8, 2015
546 posts
194 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] HOT Jamieson Vitamin B12 1,000 mcg (Methylcobalamin) 100 Sublingual Tablets

Jamieson Vitamin B12 1,000 mcg (Methylcobalamin) 100 Sublingual Tablets.
Discount 56%.
Tablets dissolve quickly in the mouth for rapid absorption.
Helps maintain energy levels.
Helps the body to metabolize carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
$5.99.

https://www.amazon.ca/Jamieson-Vitamin- ... 3ZPDYD5YSE
45 replies
[OP]
Feb 8, 2015
546 posts
194 upvotes
bikkisingh95 wrote:
Jun 17th, 2017 5:28 pm
Go costco. 500 for 10 bucks
Pretty sure the Costco product is not the same and unless I can read the ingredients label I won't buy it....there are 2 diff processing procedures. Do U have a link?
Jul 23, 2015
364 posts
126 upvotes
Not vegan... q&a reveals they have gelatin...nasty
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
3560 posts
882 upvotes
magoot wrote:
Jun 17th, 2017 6:19 pm
Pretty sure the Costco product is not the same and unless I can read the ingredients label I won't buy it....there are 2 diff processing procedures. Do U have a link?
the different processing procedure will be written on the ingredient label?? what is the good procedure then?

I don't know much about b12, but I know Costco cares a lot about the quality of products they sell. I would trust costco/kirkland.

here's the label for the kirkland b12. There's 300 tablets, but 5000mcg per tablet, instead of 1000mcg:Image
[OP]
Feb 8, 2015
546 posts
194 upvotes
def47 wrote:
Jun 17th, 2017 6:26 pm
the different processing procedure will be written on the ingredient label?? what is the good procedure then?

I don't know much about b12, but I know Costco cares a lot about the quality of products they sell. I would trust costco/kirkland.
Cyanocobalamin and Methylcobalamin are the 2 diff processing procedures. Cyanocobalamin based B12 is much, much cheaper to produce leading to higher profit margins and thus is heavily marketed and sold everywhere. It's also much less effective. Also has trace amounts of cyanide. Yrs ago had a very long discussion with the Nutritionist at my Dr's office about all types of supplements.
http://www.dadamo.com/B2blogs/blogs/ind ... in?blog=27

Edit: That's the good stuff and a really great price. I stand corrected.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
3560 posts
882 upvotes
magoot wrote:
Jun 17th, 2017 6:36 pm
Cyanocobalamin and Methylcobalamin are the 2 diff processing procedures. Cyanocobalamin based B12 is much, much cheaper to produce leading to higher profit margins and thus is heavily marketed and sold everywhere. It's also much less effective. Also has trace amounts of cyanide. Yrs ago had a very long discussion with the Nutritionist at my Dr's office about all types of supplements.

I don't know the price of the kirkland bottle I posted about.

It might be another one that's priced at 10$.
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
12952 posts
3019 upvotes
Costco sells 360 tabs 1200mcg methylcobalamin $12.49 last time i checked.
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
5868 posts
1832 upvotes
Mississauga
bikkisingh95 wrote:
Jun 17th, 2017 5:28 pm
Go costco. 500 for 10 bucks
I have feeling that you are just trolling otherwise can you provide some link or more info.
Nibbler2012 wrote:
Jun 17th, 2017 6:24 pm
Not vegan... q&a reveals they have gelatin...nasty
I fail to see the part where it says there's Gelatin in it,you know it's sublingual ? I doubt Gelatin will dissolve in your mouth in short time ,I'm almost sure there's no gelatin in it,here is a link of the similar one on Costco.ca
https://www.costco.ca/Jamieson%E2%84%A2 ... 06907.html
def47 wrote:
Jun 17th, 2017 6:26 pm

here's the label for the kirkland b12. There's 300 tablets, but 5000mcg per tablet, instead of 1000mcg:Image
I'm not a Costco heavy shopper but I don't remember seeing it on shelf at Costco,and I think they shouldn't put on shelf because 5000 mcg is very high dose and many people buy whatever on shelf without reading, a dose like that not recommended unless you have a real B-12 deficiency
https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signatu ... 22642.html
I bought the Kirkland one (1200 mcg / 360 tablets) a few weeks ago from Costco,I don't remember the price I think it was around $15 .
Jul 23, 2015
364 posts
126 upvotes
Someone on the q&a on amazon listed the ingredients and the list includes gelatin. Amazon should provide better info for a product like this.
Jul 26, 2007
153 posts
46 upvotes
immortal_kssss wrote:
Jun 17th, 2017 7:11 pm

I'm not a Costco heavy shopper but I don't remember seeing it on shelf at Costco,and I think they shouldn't put on shelf because 5000 mcg is very high dose and many people buy whatever on shelf without reading, a dose like that not recommended unless you have a real B-12 deficiency
https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signatu ... 22642.html
I bought the Kirkland one (1200 mcg / 360 tablets) a few weeks ago from Costco,I don't remember the price I think it was around $15 .
I'm pretty sure the 5000mcg is in the USA. I bought them there (along with some other vitamins/supplements) because at the time, my local Costco in Montreal didn't carry a cheap generic sublingual methylcobalamin. The pharmacist made sure to point out that no matter how strong the dose is, a person is never going to absorb more than a few mcg.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
8039 posts
1510 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Straight from Jamieson:

Nutrient Information
Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin) 1,000 mcg

Also Contains
Cellulose, calcium silicate, sodium sulfate, polyvinylpyrrolidone, natural cherry flavour, vegetable magnesium stearate, silica, mannitol, stevia.

NO gluten, lactose, artificial colours or flavours.

https://www.jamiesonvitamins.com/collec ... al-tablets

Seems good I think. Looks like vegetarian compatible too
Aug 8, 2015
725 posts
654 upvotes
Toronto
magoot wrote:
Jun 17th, 2017 6:36 pm

1. Cyanocobalamin (CBL) and methylcobalamin are not processing procedures, they are forms of VB12.
2. CBL is not less effective. CBL has 2 active forms, methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin. Both forms are essential and have distinct functions. Vitamin B12 deficiency should be treated with both active forms, thus making CBL the preferred treatment.
3. Traces of cyanide can be easily excreted by the human body. CBL is safe at recommended doses.

Patients spreading misinformation can make our job as a pharmacist very difficult sometimes.
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
12952 posts
3019 upvotes
Paroxetine wrote:
Jun 18th, 2017 2:43 am
1. Cyanocobalamin (CBL) and methylcobalamin are not processing procedures, they are forms of VB12.
2. CBL is not less effective. CBL has 2 active forms, methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin. Both forms are essential and have distinct functions. Vitamin B12 deficiency should be treated with both active forms, thus making CBL the preferred treatment.
3. Traces of cyanide can be easily excreted by the human body. CBL is safe at recommended doses.

Patients spreading misinformation can make our job as a pharmacist very difficult sometimes.
Virtually every resource i have read recommends methylcobalamin over cyanocobalamin. Some studies have found cyanocobalamin is only converted at a low rate to other forms, whereas methylcobalamin leads to a linear dose response increase in blood levels.
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts