Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

HOT: MPOW X3 True Wireless Earbuds with Active Noise Cancellation $59.99 after $20 off coupon

Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1500 posts
3475 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Amazon.ca] HOT: MPOW X3 True Wireless Earbuds with Active Noise Cancellation $59.99 after $20 off coupon

This is the first affordable pair of wireless earbuds I've come across, and the product is fairly new according to CCC (Launched Feb 6th), so I've ordered it but don't know what to expect. This could be possibly a really hot deal depending on how the product performs because ANC capable wireless earbuds for $60 have not existed prior to this deal AFAIK.

For those who don't know the difference between ANC (Active Noise Cancellation) vs CVC (the kind of Noise cancellation other amazon brand headphones offer): ANC applies Noise Cancellation to whatever you're listening to, so your surroundings will appear to be quieter to you when you have ANC capable earphones on, and CVC only applies Noise Cancellation during calls made using earphones, which helps the caller on the other end of the line hear you better.

This one is ANC according to MPOW. Might be a gimmick, so only time will tell.

Full sale price is $90 according to CCC. The Price dropped to $80 on Feb 11th, and now it's $60 with that $20 coupon on Amazon.ca, likely cheaper as they appear to be soft launching it and are gauging public reception.

Qualifies for 1-day shipping with Prime.

Don't forget Rakuten.

Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 14.11.43.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 14.25.07.png
Last edited by vancityguy0 on Feb 14th, 2020 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
184 replies
Nov 22, 2011
372 posts
304 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
I cannot find these headphones on mpow's website
Jun 19, 2009
87 posts
158 upvotes
I would pass until there is more information available. Nothing is provided about the internals. Also this was a response to one of the questions on Amazon:

How to turn on/off the ANC?
Please long-press the right earbud for 2 seconds. It is needed to know that the single earbud (right earbud) doesn't support the ANC.
If you have any other questions, please let us know by our Mpow customer service support email(topyocacs@gmail.com) and we will follow up.
We will be here serving you.

So from my understanding, only the left side supports ANC? Which makes it useless then.

Edit: confirmed on page 4 by the OP.

"The mic is on the right earbud and it is the main earbud for a phone call. The left earbud is with the ANC function for noise canceling. The left earbud can't take the phone call separately."
Last edited by Karam7 on Feb 15th, 2020 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 7, 2005
141 posts
203 upvotes
Toronto
Karam7 wrote: I would pass until there is more information available. Nothing is provided about the internals. Also this was a response to one of the questions on Amazon:

Please long-press the right earbud for 2 seconds. It is needed to know that the single earbud (right earbud) doesn't support the ANC.
If you have any other questions, please let us know by our Mpow customer service support email(topyocacs@gmail.com) and we will follow up.

So from my understanding, only the left side supports ANC? Which makes it useless then.
I think what they mean is when it is used as a single earbud (mono) versus the pair together, then ANC is not supported, which would make sense.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1500 posts
3475 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Karam7 wrote: I would pass until there is more information available. Nothing is provided about the internals. Also this was a response to one of the questions on Amazon:

Given that most of the earbuds these days have the ability to work in single (mono) mode, i.e., you can use one earbud only, I understood this statement from them as "ANC doesn't' work when you only have just the right earbud powered on".

This would make sense as the mics on both earbuds need to be used for ANC to be fully effective.

Either way, I've placed my order as I've been looking for affordable ANC earbuds for months. Most reviews online reviews subjective anyway and like I said earlier, only an in-person test will tell if the earbuds are worth it. ;)
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
Banned
Feb 10, 2020
21 posts
10 upvotes
I was interested in the mpow t5 because reviews say its got great sound quality for music, I dunno how this compares.
Feb 2, 2008
579 posts
388 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Bonus: No tax charged.
Item Subtotal: CDN$ 79.99
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 5.90
Promotion Applied: -CDN$ 25.90
Estimated Tax (GST/HST): CDN$ 0.00
Estimated Tax (PST/QST): CDN$ 0.00
Order Total: CDN$ 59.9
Nov 6, 2014
518 posts
417 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
Giving it a try, will post results if thread is still alive.
Jun 5, 2010
62 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
I've had solid experiences with MPOW products in the past, but I'll be truly impressed if these deliver. Those who have purchased, please report back!
Feb 12, 2020
48 posts
74 upvotes
Vancouver
MPOW is a pretty shady company, before they offered me one of their products for free as long as I gave it a 5 star rating, in the span of about 2 weeks it then received 150+ 5 star ratings. I reported it to Amazon but they didn't do anything, not even suspend them for a few days.
Images
  • mpow1.png
  • mpow2.png
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10938 posts
14389 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Thanks OP. Ordered a set. I’m hopeful that the reference to ANC is correct. It looks like MPOW’s references to it on the bigger headphones were valid and the ANC is pretty good. In a review for the H10:
Compared these with the Siroflo S11 (similar price on Amazon.ca), and the Active Noise Cancelling (ANC) of the Mpow H10 is vastly superior -- perhaps about 3dB (double) difference between the two models. The Siroflow seemed to have better construction, and very similar controls, and a hard case, but the Mpow H10 sound was louder and with better ANC.

I also compared the H10 with the $249 Sony ANC headphones currently at Costco.ca -- and again the H10 had MUCH better ANC than the Sonys, which did surprise me! Sure the Sonys have other fancy features, but my number one concern/need is noise cancellation for travel and workshop use.

Finally, I now also have a set of Bose QC25 wired headphones on hand to compare with. The Bose might perhaps score 9/10 for ANC, whereas the Mpow H10 would score 8/10. So close as not to matter.
Banned
Feb 6, 2020
44 posts
4 upvotes
In terms of looks I do find these to be a bit chunkier than other models I've owned but not so much as to make them heavy or cumbersome
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1766 posts
3653 upvotes
kenf71w wrote: MPOW is a pretty shady company, before they offered me one of their products for free as long as I gave it a 5 star rating, in the span of about 2 weeks it then received 150+ 5 star ratings. I reported it to Amazon but they didn't do anything, not even suspend them for a few days.
Thanks for this. Got the email lol.
Sep 14, 2009
982 posts
670 upvotes
Kingston
Picked this up, hope ANC isn't gimmicky. Glad about this - USB-C charging port: YES
Sep 14, 2009
982 posts
670 upvotes
Kingston
Silverman wrote: Bonus: No tax charged.
Isn't that unusual? Wonder if they can adjust final cost before shipping it.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13223 posts
12043 upvotes
Toronto
cardero wrote: Isn't that unusual? Wonder if they can adjust final cost before shipping it.
Not unusual for a lot of Chinese sellers and no, they cannot.
Nov 24, 2014
381 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto, ON
semi-related, but I notice a lot of other Chinese (re)sellers are also offering 10-$20 discount coupons on their earphone/earbud/headphones etc
Few for example (not recommending these, just showing examples for those interested)
$40 off coupon
$20 off coupon
$20 off coupon
$15 off coupon
Last edited by dieseldub on Feb 13th, 2020 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
2466 posts
899 upvotes
lethbridge alberta
$25 coupon is gone.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)