• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2016 6:37 pm
Nov 23, 2016
77 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
yp_1 wrote:
Dec 16th, 2016 12:53 pm
I almost guarantee I'd pay more for my bills with Ecobee, because I have an upstairs room that gets hot in the summer and cold in winter, so placing a remote sensor in it would obviously make my HVAC run longer cycles. Also, correct me if I am wrong, you still have to program it, which I don't like. So for each their own.
Actually, your situation is when ecobee's advantage comes to play. If you want the room's temperature to be properly regulated, put a sensor in it. If not, just leave it alone and save on your bill. Also ecobee comes pre-programmed.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
42673 posts
3242 upvotes
Richmond Hill
yp_1 wrote:
I almost guarantee I'd pay more for my bills with Ecobee, because I have an upstairs room that gets hot in the summer and cold in winter, so placing a remote sensor in it would obviously make my HVAC run longer cycles. Also, correct me if I am wrong, you still have to program it, which I don't like. So for each their own.
That means your current thermostat is not doing a good job heating/cooling off that room. You may be paying less, but you're not getting the same level of comfort. To get the same level of comfort with your current thermostat, you would manually have to adjust the temperature up/down a degree or two to compensate such that every room in the house is at the desired temperature.

Of course, if you don't care whether the entire house is at the same level of comfort, then by all means, your current solution is fine. But the whole point of this technology is that your entire house should be comfortable while saving you energy.
***Bosch GLL1P Bright Single Line and Point Combination Laser $25***
Silver Coins | Bosch Combination Laser | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16689 posts
6539 upvotes
Oakville
yp_1 wrote:
You would only pay more if you put a sensor in that room. If you don't care that that room is too hot/too cold, you obviously just wouldn't put a sensor in there.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
12623 posts
2749 upvotes
Markham
Missed this, just like I missed the last price error one. Dammit!
Aug 25, 2015
31 posts
9 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Thanks OP.

+1 from price match at home depot. They just give you the 20% off their full price.

$329.00 - $65..80(20%) = 263.20 + GST/HST = 297.42

Minus the $100 rebate, not bad.

Trying to build up my smart home. My setup: Google Home, Samsung Smartthings and now NEST. More to come........WOOOOOT!!!!

Tips: Have the link ready to show them or just print the coupon.
Jun 3, 2013
390 posts
394 upvotes
Toronto
gkou33 wrote:
Dec 16th, 2016 2:29 pm
Thanks OP.

+1 from price match at home depot. They just give you the 20% off their full price.

$329.00 - $65..80(20%) = 263.20 + GST/HST = 297.42

Minus the $100 rebate, not bad.

Trying to build up my smart home. My setup: Google Home, Samsung Smartthings and now NEST. More to come........WOOOOOT!!!!

Tips: Have the link ready to show them or just print the coupon.
So you pricematched the Rona 20% friends and family, in store at Home Depot?
Aug 25, 2015
31 posts
9 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Yep, I did. Worked like a charm.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2007
3019 posts
1256 upvotes
Ive never been able to get my local home depot to PM websites.
Aug 25, 2015
31 posts
9 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
anhtuan wrote:
Dec 16th, 2016 3:22 pm
Ive never been able to get my local home depot to PM websites.
Home Depot will not price match Amazon.....that's why Rona is the best option for Home Depot. Just print out the Rona Family and Friends coupon and they have to do it. I guess you can call the online Home Depot site and try to get them to do it since the coupon is for both online and in-store.

Good luck.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
3525 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
Does the rebate apply to the ecobee3 lite? If not, any decent resources on ecobee vs nest? I did do some research myself but can't decide. It's for my parents house which is relatively small (about 1500 sq feet + basement).
Jun 3, 2013
390 posts
394 upvotes
Toronto
Also PM'd at the Home Depot. Had a print out just in case.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
3525 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
Seagull21 wrote:
Dec 16th, 2016 8:49 pm
Also PM'd at the Home Depot. Had a print out just in case.
What was the total?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)