Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

*HOT? - Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ plus (Newer Model) $47.99 Reg $59.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2018 5:21 pm
Mar 25, 2006
757 posts
162 upvotes
Hamilton
celispin wrote: Yes, you can. In the pi hole setup, you can use custom DNS setting or Google DNS etc. I'm using smartdnsproxy settings and watching US content.
Ok nice I already have a retropie pi3b+ now will need to get another one for this . I wonder if this will work for Google wifi as well as I have 4 hot spots in my house guess just point to the IP of the pi hole because they default to google DNS
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2004
1577 posts
493 upvotes
Toronto
is this setup good for retropie? i've read some comments in other forums about using the B+ instead?
Feb 2, 2018
27 posts
54 upvotes
You can also use these bad-boys for a VPN into your home network with PiVPN. http://www.pivpn.io/

The Raspberry Pi 3 B+ also has power-over-ethernet (edit: with an additional add-on board) so if you have a switch that supports it you can just velcro the Pi case onto your switch and just plug it straight in to the ethernet port.

Tons of stuff you can do with these machines. I have one not in use but I might pick this up anyway. Thanks OP!
Last edited by yardsale5000 on May 25th, 2018 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2014
1691 posts
1029 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
yardsale5000 wrote: The Raspberry Pi 3 B+ also has power-over-ethernet so if you have a switch that supports it you can just velcro the Pi case onto your switch and just plug it straight in to the ethernet port.
Does the previous Pi 3 version have this option too?
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
2877 posts
2840 upvotes
Ottawa
Ytterbium wrote: impulse bought. What to do with it now. workstation/playstation for my 3 year old?
Make your garage door opener accessible over wifi.
All you need is a couple of relays from ebay/Aliexpress.
You can connect it to the wired or wireless remote
The app can be made easier by using Cayenne or Blynk (internal server is free with unlimited tokens, using their cloud service is easier but gives you some free token and you'll have to buy them if you need extra)
Jul 12, 2017
52 posts
24 upvotes
tallbert wrote: build a biomass-fueled harvester robot

hmmm 47 ppl in thread. maybe this is hot

hmmm hmmm i do gotta rebuild that tabletop arcade cab...
I would build that biomass bot... Where did you get the idea? Should I just be googling?
Feb 11, 2007
627 posts
375 upvotes
oncl0ud9 wrote: Ok nice I already have a retropie pi3b+ now will need to get another one for this . I wonder if this will work for Google wifi as well as I have 4 hot spots in my house guess just point to the IP of the pi hole because they default to google DNS
Just use the Google DNS on your pi hole setup and point your router to the pi hole IP.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2012
1858 posts
627 upvotes
TO
dietertong wrote: +1 for pi-hole, works great

On that note, side tangent
Hey @celispin - do you have rfd affiliate links working with it? I haven't figured out what to whitelist to allow them. Or do you just ignore those?

I can PM if you want to take this off the thread
I had to whitelist the domains when first clicking on them. Some were a bit tricky because there are several redirects before getting you to the actual page. Sometimes it required using curl to see exactly what's going on and what the redirects were...
Wins
2015: 69.99$

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)