Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Huawei Mediapad T3 10 Tablet - $218.00 (Prime only, all-time low) + 8% Ebates

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2019 10:18 am
Jul 11, 2018
699 posts
498 upvotes
thelasthunter wrote: Folks, it's Huawei, a company about to be blacklisted out of every open Western society for a good reason. And I say this typing out of my P20 I bought for $220 from Koodo and which I'm really fond of. It doesn't take a genius to see where Huawei winds up in the next 2 years in EU, Australia and the US/Canada - Blacklisted.
I don't think it's blacklisted yet from Canada's networks, but the list of countries blocking them from their data networks is growing. Poland just arrested Huawei employees for spying. It's going to get worse.
Best deals:
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
TaurusJudge wrote: I don't think it's blacklisted yet from Canada's networks, but the list of countries blocking them from their data networks is growing. Poland just arrested Huawei employees for spying. It's going to get worse.
And that Huawei employee in Poland was almost immediately fired by Huawei the next day he was caught - that's a big capitulation that the Chinese state infiltrated the company. A huge difference to how they are treating the Canadian case, for understandable reasons. IMO the EU in tandem with Commonwealth countries and Canada lagging last (urg, politically correct Justin) will blacklist them next. There is no way in hell Huawei will touch their promised 5G infrastructure in Canada now.
For Sale:
Nov 24, 2015
120 posts
74 upvotes
I love how lunatic every person here is, being against Huawei, no one has concrete evidence that they are spying and if so, many other company are doing so, like all the Google, Amazon, Spotify, Games on App/Google store, Social Media, etc, that every buys or use to ease your lifestyle. Jeez

Get your fact guys, data will be collected even if you don't buy Huawei, it might just be harsher because it is China. (China wants power, USA wants their own residential peoples money, etc)

Don't forget most or all your product are being made in China, they could easily implant something in your product and you will never know, until retard Trump decides to say something stupid on the media, to brainwash your mind.

I bought 2 P20 Pro on Christmas and have been very satisfy on their product as a gift to my family.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
OmgItzOL wrote: I love how lunatic every person here is, being against Huawei, no one has concrete evidence that they are spying and if so, many other company are doing so, like all the Google, Amazon, Spotify, Games on App/Google store, Social Media, etc, that every buys or use to ease your lifestyle. Jeez

Get your fact guys, data will be collected even if you don't buy Huawei, it might just be harsher because it is China. (China wants power, USA wants their own residential peoples money, etc)

Don't forget most or all your product are being made in China, they could easily implant something in your product and you will never know, until retard Trump decides to say something stupid on the media, to brainwash your mind.

I bought 2 P20 Pro on Christmas and have been very satisfy on their product as a gift to my family.

There's a difference between your P20's performance/quality (I have one too) and the company's overall direction and character when it comes to security. That ought to be obvious. There's many tech insiders today who argue that the company cannot be distinguished from the one party State, which is about as trustworthy as North Korea (China is it's biggest client btw). As far as no evidence, umm...

Your text to link here...

When all is said and done, I'm kind of in your camp. I'm not so much concerned about individual handsets. But to give this company control of your entire telco 5G national infrastructure would be utterly foolish.
Last edited by thelasthunter on Jan 14th, 2019 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
For Sale:
Jul 11, 2018
699 posts
498 upvotes
thelasthunter wrote: Umm, there's a difference between your P20 (I have one too) and the company's overall direction and character. There's many tech insiders today who argue that the company cannot be distinguished from the one party State. As far as no evidence, umm...

The intent of his post was pretty clear when he brought TDS into the equation on a discussion about products and their security issues.

Anyways, relevant.. especially given this was over 6 years ago.. and the companies have grown immensely since, trying to acquire vital networks in western countries, successfully doing so elsewhere in the world.
Former Pentagon analyst: China has backdoors to 80% of telecoms
A former Pentagon analyst reports the Chinese government has "pervasive access" to about 80 percent of the world's communications, and it is looking currently to nail down the remaining 20 percent. Chinese companies Huawei and ZTE Corporation are reportedly to blame for the industrial espionage.
https://www.zdnet.com/article/former-pe ... -telecoms/

The concern over the security of Huawei products is justified. As an investor, as well, I see far too much risk with this company.
Best deals:
Nov 24, 2015
120 posts
74 upvotes
thelasthunter wrote: There's a difference between your P20's performance/quality (I have one too) and the company's overall direction and character when it comes to security. That ought to be obvious. There's many tech insiders today who argue that the company cannot be distinguished from the one party State, which is about as trustworthy as North Korea (China is it's biggest client btw). As far as no evidence, umm...

When all is said and done, I'm kind of in your camp. I'm not so much concerned about individual handsets. But to give this company control of your entire telco 5G national infrastructure would be utterly foolish.
I don't think you even read it the news before you replied my comment?

"Poland's counterintelligence service confirmed on Friday that a Chinese citizen suspected of spying had been arrested"

The person was suspected for spying?!?!
So the company decided to fire the person, that could lead more problem to Huawei.

"A court has ordered the pair to be held for three months, and they face up to 10 years in prison if convicted.
Both have pleaded not guilty, according to Polish state broadcaster TVP."

However there is no evidence after the searched from warrant?

Dude??? I am not trying to be an ass or backing up Huawei, but seriously?
Jul 11, 2018
699 posts
498 upvotes
isgaard wrote: Rephrasing it to "But to give this company control of your entire telco 4G national infrastructure would be utterly foolish."

That was over 6/7 years ago for Bellus, nothing changed. Yet Bellus wants to continue the relationship with Huawei.

Uh, they're not a publically traded company.

Back on topic folks, unless it's coming with your Fido 3GB $15 plan for $0, this tablet is a shitty deal if you have to pay $218 for it.
I don't mean direct investment, I already said they're a Chinese company, which means government, and is the crux of the issue here, given how their government uses that data in an authoritative fashion against anyone, Chinese or otherwise. Down the supply chain and in logistics there are traded companies (including companies utilizing FDI) that stand to suffer. Avoiding investment into this company is a wise choice.
Best deals:
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4962 posts
6862 upvotes
GTA
FreshCo wrote: Are you Chinese? I don't know a single non-Chinese who buys these products. I'm sure they're out there though with Bell's marketing campaign.
White guy here...I bought a Huawei MediaPad M3 from Amazon.com 13 months ago and got what I thought was pretty good deal amazon-us-huawei-mediapad-m3-android-ta ... #p28513143 I'm very happy with it and not worried about spying---I'm not a criminal, I've never used Facebook or any other social media platform ( except for RFD!) and only use Visa gift cards online, so I feel safe!
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
There's a bunch of geopolitical blinded white dudes here who cannot see that - like it or not - Huawei will be a dirty word within about 24 months this side of the globe, guaranteed.
For Sale:
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
OmgItzOL wrote: I don't think you even read it the news before you replied my comment?

"Poland's counterintelligence service confirmed on Friday that a Chinese citizen suspected of spying had been arrested"

The person was suspected for spying?!?!
So the company decided to fire the person, that could lead more problem to Huawei.

"A court has ordered the pair to be held for three months, and they face up to 10 years in prison if convicted.
Both have pleaded not guilty, according to Polish state broadcaster TVP."

However there is no evidence after the searched from warrant?

Dude??? I am not trying to be an ass or backing up Huawei, but seriously?
Dude, Huawei fired their own Central European sales exec. on the second day of his arrest, but the Chinese embassy was protesting just as vehemently in Poland about human rights abuses on the first day of the arrest as they were in Meng's Canadian case. Obviously they were presented with evidence that made them retreat.
For Sale:
Jul 11, 2018
699 posts
498 upvotes
isgaard wrote: They are a private company that has to cooperate within the laws of the PRC. ZTE would be the SOE that was actually given the preferential treatment, but Huawei was more successful.

You cannot "invest" in this company in the traditional sense, or anything downstream that's not publically traded or requiring FDI. Half of the stuff they put on their devices are made in-house and the other half are sourced from major players that have multiple customers. I'm sorry, no animosity here, but your arguments are all over the place and I don't know why I'm debating this as I don't own anything Huawei and definitely not planning to buy anything Huawei in the near future, the reason is because I have enough devices as it is and I don't need anymore, it's a waste of money when everything you have already works, including the stuff you don't use anymore.
Apologies for not making a post involved enough (being all over the place), I know there can be a good discussion, but I suspect it's not wanted here, so trying to get as much concise opinion in and not derail too much at the same time, it seems some posts have disappeared already.
Best deals:
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2009
6197 posts
4451 upvotes
frozatio wrote: Stay away from huawei. I work in tech and you don’t want to know what kind of information these devices are sharing with their central servers...
No different than the ones you're buying now that connect to the NSA servers ... at least you can't get extradited to China.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2002
1266 posts
642 upvotes
Oakville
isgaard wrote: It is unlikely Canada will be banning Huawei.
High probability. Japan, USA, New Zealand and Australia have banned Huawei/ZTE equipment (specifically their network equipment. Ie. 5G).

Doubtful any country would ban consumer products. I’m shocked anyone buys Huawei junk, well I shouldn’t be shocked actually. Super cheap, people will buy anything that’s cheap.
Jan 26, 2009
110 posts
11 upvotes
Montreal
thelasthunter wrote: There's a bunch of geopolitical blinded white dudes here who cannot see that - like it or not - Huawei will be a dirty word within about 24 months this side of the globe, guaranteed.
I can't believe still to this day people that say "I'm not doing anything illegal, I have nothing to hide". Especially people in this generation who are on a site like this who are blind to these types of issues.
Dec 6, 2012
431 posts
253 upvotes
Midtown Toronto
PrimaryTech wrote: High probability. Japan, USA, New Zealand and Australia have banned Huawei/ZTE equipment (specifically their network equipment. Ie. 5G).

Doubtful any country would ban consumer products. I’m shocked anyone buys Huawei junk, well I shouldn’t be shocked actually. Super cheap, people will buy anything that’s cheap.
It would be wise for Canada to join other countries and ban network equipment/network infrastructure made by any Chinese company. Huawei/ZTE are not just any Chinese company but they have deep connections with the Chinese Government. Imagine if the Chinese Government decide to use these companies to bring down our powergrid or telecommunications in a war.

However, I wouldn't be too worried about any consumer products made by Huawei because almost every consumer product we use these days is monitored or our information is collected/sold.
Facebook, Apple, Google, Amazon and other big companies have being collecting/selling our information for years. I use a Xiaomi DUAL SIM Phone and i have this Huawei tablet for $0 from Fido.

The question is, who would you prefer collecting your information? the Chinese or big American companies??
Jul 16, 2009
274 posts
104 upvotes
Kdegale wrote: I can't believe still to this day people that say "I'm not doing anything illegal, I have nothing to hide". Especially people in this generation who are on a site like this who are blind to these types of issues.
No one watched Snowden or people just dont understand what it means to live in a democracy... Maybe we need another world war, people will start to understand the importance of privacy

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)