• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2017 1:09 pm
[OP]
Mar 4, 2011
680 posts
524 upvotes
Surrey

[Amazon Canada] ILIFE V5s Pro Robotic Vacuum Cleaner $212

Not sure if this is a good deal or not. I'm new to the robo vac scene, but my 2 cats and my allergic wife compels me to get one soon, and at the best deal.
Really need your guy's help in getting a cheap and good one.
Fulfillment: 1930, 1966, 1975, 1980, 1981 9.20 14:00, 1984 3.14
1 reply
Nov 1, 2017
5 posts
4 upvotes
I had an irobot and I got it on a special for like 270 I think maybe 6-7 years ago. It lasted 4 months and broke after it got caught under my bed. It was still under warrantly and so I ended up (after three complaints) getting a new one. Which that one lasted about 6 months. The battery life in the irobots leaves something to be desired. They don't last more than a year to my knowledge. If it makes the difference between hiring a house keeper or not...buying a new one or a new battery pack every year makes sense. My advice...know this is not going to last for 10 years...you'll be lucky if it lasts a year. Relatedly if you can...get a longer warranty. Aside from that it was incredibly practical for cleaning a condo. I got it after having a baby...I'd pick up the odds and ends...put the baby in the stroller ...push the start button and go to the park. When I came back the floors were spotless.