Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

iLife V5S Robot Vacuum

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2019 8:05 pm
Dec 15, 2007
55 posts
31 upvotes
Terrace

[Amazon.ca] iLife V5S Robot Vacuum

I'd say this is hot -- I received an email that this vacuum is going on sale tomorrow but only for a day -- listed today at $299.99 and there's a $50.00 coupon on the site, and it will be 25% off, so final price will be $174.99 (SORRY apparently the math is a bit off -- should be $187.49 is the $50 minus the discount), and it's listed with free shipping. (!)

The features of V5s Pro are:

Mopping and Vacuuming
Doesn't clog with pet hair (because it doesn't use main rollers, just very high suction and double side brushes)
23 CFM suction (the highest record suction from vacuum wars youtube videos is 24 CFM so it's almost a record)
thinner than deebot, for example, so it doesn't jam under furniture

So this is a good one for hardwood floors/just a few tight pile carpets or if you have a pet.

Full disclosure -- I'm totally in the tank for iLife since my WELL out of warranty V7S vacuum broke and they sent me parts for at no charge and didn't even charge me shipping. So I'm a permanent fan.

Here's a video review for anyone who is interested which shows the suction:

Last edited by bigdavediode on Aug 22nd, 2019 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
57 replies
Aug 22, 2007
745 posts
581 upvotes
I have the a4s and it works well enough for me to buy this one for the main floor. Purchased mine In November for the same price. Will keep an eye out tomorrow. Thanks OP
Dec 28, 2012
630 posts
542 upvotes
OTTAWA
I will be buying this and comparing to the Roomba 625 i bought clearance at CT last week. (Which iam very happy with)

The better device will stay! Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2652 posts
2236 upvotes
GTA
Dealhunter00 wrote: How do these compare to the roombas?
If you spend a minute or 2 going to read the reviews, there are many reviews that were written by owners of both; and they wrote what they felt.
¸

- - - - -
;)
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
4196 posts
3204 upvotes
toronto
kimwoobingsu wrote: That's hoping that the $50 coupon will stay till tomorrow
no way will they keep the $50 coupon, they arent stupid.
Got that FIDO account!
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
2234 posts
731 upvotes
Toronto
how effective are these compared to the ones with mapping feature? can anyone recommend one with mapping features?
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
3117 posts
1665 upvotes
Definitely need this for my new house, but I doubt that $50 will remain tomorrow.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7736 posts
10770 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I bought this back in 2017, but it's just sitting in the closet now.

There's no mapping, so I have to block off the entryway mat, an area of small potted plants, and the shoe room before turning it on and letting it bump around. It would also frequently get stuck on the curved bar stool base.

Didn't find it useful enough to replace actual vacuuming.
Dec 15, 2007
55 posts
31 upvotes
Terrace
I've been emailed that they will.

So, yes, as I understand it both discounts will be there.
Aug 20, 2009
9827 posts
5934 upvotes
rugerty100 wrote: I bought this back in 2017, but it's just sitting in the closet now.

There's no mapping, so I have to block off the entryway mat, an area of small potted plants, and the shoe room before turning it on and letting it bump around. It would also frequently get stuck on the curved bar stool base.

Didn't find it useful enough to replace actual vacuuming.
This was my experience as well. I appreciate the OP sharing the deal but ours fell down the stairs once (survived) and frequently went over the same areas while ignoring others. It consistently got caught on transition pieces and other stuff. We spent a bit more and got a Roomba, very happy. Keep in mind that they're not a true vacuum replacement, you'll still need to do that once a month to touch things up. We have pets and found it very helpful to keep the house clear of fur.
Dec 28, 2012
630 posts
542 upvotes
OTTAWA
After watching reviews im not sure a "suction only" device will suit my house well.

I have hardwood and 1 large area rug on first floor and all carpet on basement/second floor.

I carry my roomba 625 upstairs and down and it does a great job.

I dont ever see these devices as a complete replacement for a vaccum but it certainly buys you a few weeks in between vaccum jobs.
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
5156 posts
1887 upvotes
Scarborough
I have this robot and it's good. I don't use it too much, and only just for my room but it does it's job well. Ive never had it fall over the stairs ever, it has a cliff sensor and trust me, I've tried to get this thing to fall off the stairs. It sucks up a ton of dirt and dust but I'm finding the bin a bit small. You will need to empty it after every vacuum session if you're using on a carpet. This is not an advanced roomba, doesn't have mapping software or infrared, or cameras etc, and the algorithm it uses is pretty basic relatively speaking. BUT!! This robot is perfect for the price and you really don't need much better.

I'd call it the Honda Civic or the corolla of robot vacuums. Great value and in the end it still cleans up just as well even if it's not as performant as the Benz/Tesla/BMW.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1693 posts
1946 upvotes
vancouver
I got the A4S last year. Absolute game changer. Keeps the apartment clean and what's more, it motivates me to keep stuff off the floor, clean up my cables, etc so I can run it every other day. Run the vacuum, laundry machine, and dish washer at the same time. Then go to bed for a nap. Best house cleaning ever.
Aug 22, 2007
745 posts
581 upvotes
I have the v4s (no mop function) and mine does not get stuck often. My house is a mix of hardwood and tiles (kitchen). It doesn't get stuck on transition pieces for me nor does it get stuck on my round stool base, but does miss some spots since there's no mapping. Haven't had it go over my stairs yet either. Definitely make sure there are no loose thin wires (ex. Phone charging wires, speaker cables) laying around as I may rip them up over time.

One place it appears to get stuck from time to time is under the couch. I didn't expect it to even make it under the couch since the clearance is pretty low. Sometimes it'll make its way under, other times it doesn't. For 175$ I can't really complain though.

I wouldn't use it as my only source for cleaning the floors. Once a week (or so) I use my Dyson and broom + mop.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7949 posts
2868 upvotes
Washington, DC
Been using this vacuum for 3 years and it's been great, very quiet. No mapping means it doesn't get the entire floor every time though.
I have no carpets so it's actually good this model doesn't come with a brush.

I'm planning on upgrading once the mapping models get cheaper.

P.S. The mopping feature is useless. Don't use it.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
2484 posts
3179 upvotes
Ottawa
How does this compare to the Eufy branded robot vacuums on Amazon?
Jul 17, 2008
28 posts
4 upvotes
XSnapSX wrote: how effective are these compared to the ones with mapping feature? can anyone recommend one with mapping features?
I was asking myself the same thing during Prime Day when a lot of vacuums went on sale. The problem is that the ones with mapping features are WAY more expensive, and there was no deal on them during Prime Day. So I thought I'd give one without mapping a try and worst case scenario return it.
I have hardwood floors, and like many others said it doesn't clean all the surface most of the time, but mine never got stuck (I've tried it every day for a bit more than a week, it was a gift for my mother). I never thought about it as a replacement for vacuuming my place though - only helping me to reduce the frequency at which I have to do it so I was expecting this. I have a siberian husky, so I can tell you there's always hair at my place. When I was using it, the hair was gone. I could literally walk bare feet at my place and they would stay clean (believe me that's an incredible feeling for me). Now that it's gone the hair is back :( I think if you have a pet with a lot of hair that's a game changer for the price, and imo the price difference of the mapping feature is way too big to justify buying it. Instead of vacuuming once a week I'll do it once every 10-11 days? Not worth it imo. Maybe it's useful if your place has different kinds of floors or weird surfaces, but for my usage the one without mapping was just fine. It was an iRobot Roomba 671 though, not sure how it compares to this one, but at this price I'm clearly tempted....
Jul 17, 2008
28 posts
4 upvotes
lincoln wrote: Been using this vacuum for 3 years and it's been great, very quiet. No mapping means it doesn't get the entire floor every time though.
I have no carpets so it's actually good this model doesn't come with a brush.

I'm planning on upgrading once the mapping models get cheaper.

P.S. The mopping feature is useless. Don't use it.
There's no wifi connectivity on that model right? How does scheduling work then?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)