Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Intex Challenger K2 Inflatable Kayak around C$79 + Free Shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2018 6:32 am
Jan 20, 2011
69 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
I got this when on sale last year. It is really amazing. Far better than the plastic ones that are at resorts. I can carry ot over my head when filled and have walked about 400meters with no issues. Very nice on my lower back with the inflatable backrest. It has held two adult men and we were both fine.

Pro tip.
Wear gloves. The inner parts of my hands got some nasty blisters from the first time. After I used my old sailing gloves and was all good. We keep in in the back of the dodge caravan all summer and explor waters we have always walked along. Its really a great product.
here is the boy and I using it on lake ontario
Mar 9, 2016
7 posts
1 upvote
Any feedback of RFders from Vancouver? Are inflatables like these not suitable for open water like English Bay or by Spanish Banks?

I know hardbody kayaks are better but due to space it is not an option for me.
May 28, 2007
349 posts
328 upvotes
CALGARY
fuc847 wrote: anyone try to use this with 1 adult paddling at the back, with another in front holding a 2yr toddler (with life jacket of course). will be it cramped?

comapred to the k2 explorer..?
there is 0 room to move around inside with two average sized adults, so the adult+toddler will not be in a comfortable position
Also, Canadian Boating Regulation prohibits exceeding the capacity limits on any watercraft.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
3744 posts
1986 upvotes
Vancouver
milkmilk wrote: Also, Canadian Boating Regulation prohibits exceeding the capacity limits on any watercraft.
You mean the weight limit, right ? K2 Maximum weight capacity: 400 pounds. A toddler is what, 30 pounds at most, at the age of 3 ? This leaves 370 pounds for the adults. I know couples who can barely get to 300 together...
This dinghy has a weight limit of 410 pounds and can carry 3 people (we all know it ain't true :D ) https://www.walmart.com/ip/Intex-3-Person-Inflatable-Explorer-Boat/42417863#read-more , why wouldn't the K2 be suitable for 2 skinny adults and a toddler ?
Last edited by charlesd79 on Jan 20th, 2018 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5345 posts
7971 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
xanatos00 wrote: Any feedback of RFders from Vancouver? Are inflatables like these not suitable for open water like English Bay or by Spanish Banks?

I know hardbody kayaks are better but due to space it is not an option for me.
+1. Is it capable of withstanding moderate currents without flipping? Like in a bay?
May 28, 2007
349 posts
328 upvotes
CALGARY
charlesd79 wrote: You mean the weight limit, right ? K2 Maximum weight capacity: 400 pounds. A toddler is what, 30 pounds at most, at the age of 3 ? This leaves 370 pounds for the adults. I know couples who can barely get to 300 together...
This dinghy has a weight limit of 410 pounds and can carry 3 people (we all know it ain't true :D ) https://www.walmart.com/ip/Intex-3-Pers ... #read-more , why wouldn't the K2 be suitable for 2 skinny adults and a toddler ?
You cannot exceed either one.
Also, your boat/raft/kayak/canoe should be equipped with a whistle, a bailer (preferably orange to double as a signalling device) and a 15m (or longer) rope that is bouyant.
Everyone on board should also be wearing a life jacket.

That's the official rule as I understand it. But, for such a small non-motorized boat, if you look safe on a calm lake nobody would care.
I would put the toddler as low as possible on the floor. Not on the lap and definitely don't pass him/her around to the other adult.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3901 posts
2190 upvotes
Ontario
It does seem rather versatile. A Kayak AND a table.

Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11213 posts
10058 upvotes
Kootenays
Nikhilvoid wrote: +1. Is it capable of withstanding moderate currents without flipping? Like in a bay?
Yes, the K1 is quite stable, other than getting in and out of it, where you have to be reasonably careful.
Mar 17, 2012
155 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
order mine thursday 2 person kayak, $100cnd tax in free ship, got mine friday.. the delivery was for saturday.. Smiling Face With Open Mouth , in its original box, no outer layer box or wrap to conceal the package. :rolleyes:
left at the front doorConfused Face.. see many youtube amazon package getting punked Disappointed Face my first order with amazon.

inflated it.. all is good, will invest on a motorized pumpElectric Light Bulb, will be a sweaty n hot, pumping itFace With Tears Of Joy
always wanted a fishing kayak, give this a try b4 i spend $$ for a real fishing kayak..Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Nov 20, 2014
148 posts
52 upvotes
Montreal, QC
smacd wrote: Yes, the K1 is quite stable, other than getting in and out of it, where you have to be reasonably careful.
Stability wise it is fine,
but do not venture into rough waters, you'll have trouble advancing,
as it does not cut through the water like a hard hull one, being flexible it will shape itself with the ripples, and resist movement.
Stick to calm or moderate waters and it is a very enjoyable toy.
I've had a K1 for 3 years, still doing fine, never had a problem on my fishing trips.
Word of advice, on hot summer days, do not over inflate, rather under-inflate, as the heat will expand the air, and there may be a risk of blowing up.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2006
3481 posts
404 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Back down to $78.80.
:cool:
Oct 11, 2010
21 posts
12 upvotes
Brampton
slightly down to $77.79 as of now.
Aug 27, 2012
648 posts
699 upvotes
Calgary
I just got it for $77.95. I remember really wanting to get this kayak last summer, but it was like ~$120-130 all the time and I refused to pay this much for it because I remembered it costing way less a winter before. So yeah, learn my lesson, don't wait and get it now or you'll end up paying almost double when summer comes.
Dec 16, 2012
75 posts
40 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
PauloP wrote: Stability wise it is fine,
but do not venture into rough waters, you'll have trouble advancing,
as it does not cut through the water like a hard hull one, being flexible it will shape itself with the ripples, and resist movement.
Stick to calm or moderate waters and it is a very enjoyable toy.
I've had a K1 for 3 years, still doing fine, never had a problem on my fishing trips.
Word of advice, on hot summer days, do not over inflate, rather under-inflate, as the heat will expand the air, and there may be a risk of blowing up.

I’ve taken the K2 out a few times in Vancouver and would agree to just stick to the lakes and calmer waters....
I did see two adults and a kid using one at Deep Cove last year, but that was pretty surprising and I’m not sure how it went for them. Wouldn’t want to get stranded out there with the currents!
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2002
3543 posts
2128 upvotes
Just put one I bought last winter together for my 6 year old daughter for use on our calm lake. Not knowing whether she will like to kayak I'd say for under $100 with oars is good. I tried it first and and I'm 220 lbs and it was well afloat. Not expecting this to last many years but she will always be with me and I'm on a sturdy 12 ft pelican angler kayak to bail her if this toy kayak breaks.
RFD Admins All Drive Teslas. You should Too!
Aug 24, 2015
171 posts
262 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Redscott wrote: Just put one I bought last winter together for my 6 year old daughter for use on our calm lake. Not knowing whether she will like to kayak I'd say for under $100 with oars is good. I tried it first and and I'm 220 lbs and it was well afloat. Not expecting this to last many years but she will always be with me and I'm on a sturdy 12 ft pelican angler kayak to bail her if this toy kayak breaks.
Good to know. Thanks for sharing your experience.
I wonder whether you're using the K1 or K2?
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2002
3543 posts
2128 upvotes
aalqaraghuli wrote: Good to know. Thanks for sharing your experience.
I wonder whether you're using the K1 or K2?
K1
RFD Admins All Drive Teslas. You should Too!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2001
5231 posts
4105 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
Redscott wrote: K1
This is the K2 thread!

..strangely when you go to the K2 product page on amazon, most pictures are of the K1.
😱

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)