Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Invicta 8926 Automatic Watch - $96.31

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 24th, 2017 10:54 am
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
3969 posts
4720 upvotes
Victoria

[Amazon.ca] Invicta 8926 Automatic Watch - $96.31

Invicta Men's 8926 Pro Diver Collection Automatic Watch

Lowest price since June 2016 according to TripleHump

Previous deal/discussion thread: amazon-ca-invicta-8926-automatic-watch-87-99-a-1964975/
61 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
2349 posts
2808 upvotes
PSA: Please do not buy this garbage. It isn't even worth $20.
Same goes for all those Daniel Wellington and MVMT "sales" you see plastered all over Facebook.

Spent a few more dollars and get something from Seiko, Citizen, Bulova, Orient, etc... which have affordable watches with good quality.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2002
1119 posts
208 upvotes
These Invictas aren't worth the inflated MSRP, but for under $100 and with a Seiko movement, they're pretty nice for the price. I've had one of these as a beater watch for years and it has worked great.
Nov 17, 2007
565 posts
2204 upvotes
Canada
aviator_13 wrote: PSA: Please do not buy this garbage. It isn't even worth $20.
Same goes for all those Daniel Wellington and MVMT "sales" you see plastered all over Facebook.

Spent a few more dollars and get something from Seiko, Citizen, Bulova, Orient, etc... which have affordable watches with good quality.
I second this. These watches are awful. I bought one, and it could not have fallen apart in a more pathetic way than it did; it just kind of came apart into a dozen pieces for no apparent reason at all.
Came for the deals...stayed...for the deals.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
2349 posts
2808 upvotes
rhainman wrote: These Invictas aren't worth the inflated MSRP, but for under $100 and with a Seiko movement, they're pretty nice for the price. I've had one of these as a beater watch for years and it has worked great.
I will concede the point that this is the least crappy of all the Invicta watches out there.

To each their own in terms of budget and preference however my point is that you can get way more watch for similar money.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
aviator_13 wrote: PSA: Please do not buy this garbage. It isn't even worth $20.

8926 is a solid watch. Have you ever held one? It's Amazon's top sellers for a reason and has a Seiko NH35 movement. Far more accurate than Seiko's own 7s26 movement found in watches in this range, including the infamous SKX007.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
2349 posts
2808 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: 8926 is a solid watch. Have you ever held one? It's Amazon's top sellers for a reason and has a Seiko NH35 movement. Far more accurate than Seiko's own 7s26 movement found in watches in this range, including the infamous SKX007.
I have and like I said above - it is probably the best watch Invicta makes. However that means very little when you look at all their other offerings.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
3969 posts
4720 upvotes
Victoria
AA7HBS wrote: I second this. These watches are awful. I bought one, and it could not have fallen apart in a more pathetic way than it did; it just kind of came apart into a dozen pieces for no apparent reason at all.
This watch in particular? Or Invicta in general?
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2012
2860 posts
928 upvotes
lol. no. The current Invicta 8926 is probably the best automatic watch under $100CAD. It uses a Seiko Instruments NH35A movement which is an unbranded 4R series movement found in lower/mid tier Seikos that cost $200-500 or so. The 8926 also comes with a solid link bracelet and 200m WR which is good value for the money.

My 8926 on the very left beside a couple Seikos, Orient and Casio Digital.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
aviator_13 wrote: I have and like I said above - it is probably the best watch Invicta makes. However that means very little when you look at all their other offerings.
Every brand has its share of losses. With invicta buying glycine (another Swiss brand), you can't deny that whatever they are doing, it's working for them.
Last edited by weedb0y on Feb 10th, 2017 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 10, 2009
234 posts
113 upvotes
too bad it's on the OB or C version. I ended up swapping in a ceramic bezel on my 8926C and it looks great. One of my favourite watches.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2256 posts
6076 upvotes
Vancouver
weedb0y wrote: 8926 is a solid watch. Have you ever held one? It's Amazon's top sellers for a reason and has a Seiko NH35 movement. Far more accurate than Seiko's own 7s26 movement found in watches in this range, including the infamous SKX007.
Just want to point out that you're using "infamous" incorrectly here. The word you're looking for is "famous". "Infamous" refers to things that are known because they're bad, like cheap Invicta watches, the Toronto Maple Leafs, Donald Trump, or The Joker. The Seiko SKX007 is a respected watch so it wouldn't be "infamous"; it is "famous".

</ grammar-police >
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
coolwasabi wrote: Just want to point out that you're using "infamous" incorrectly here. The word you're looking for is "famous". "Infamous" refers to things that are known because they're bad, like cheap Invicta watches, the Toronto Maple Leafs, Donald Trump, or The Joker. The Seiko SKX007 is a respected watch so it wouldn't be "infamous"; it is "famous".

</ grammar-police >
Thanks, Kids, always be learning. Thanks for catching my fast typing mistake.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
3877 posts
1975 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Great watch. Reliable and accurate movement, quality styling (minus the engraving), solid build. My suggestion is to get rid of the cyclops, brush the engraving, get a new bracelet. You now have the best starter watch under $250 and you only spent $125.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2004
2274 posts
880 upvotes
GTA
I have this watch and it is probably the only Invicta watch I would ever buy. The negativity towards the brand is justified, but this particular model is the exception.
Jan 2, 2016
168 posts
89 upvotes
Kirkland, QC
VIIVIIIXIII wrote: lol. no. The current Invicta 8926 is probably the best automatic watch under $100CAD. It uses a Seiko Instruments NH35A movement which is an unbranded 4R series movement found in lower/mid tier Seikos that cost $200-500 or so. The 8926 also comes with a solid link bracelet and 200m WR which is good value for the money.

My 8926 on the very left beside a couple Seikos, Orient and Casio Digital.
I have about 20 watches in that same category. I wish I was smart enough years ago to have bought just one Omega or Breitling.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3784 posts
2780 upvotes
Airdrie
aviator_13 wrote: my point is that you can get way more watch for similar money.
Prove it.
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Sep 5, 2011
109 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto
I have the OB version of this watch. While I will not say that it is passable, it is one of the best watches you can get for under $100.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)