• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2019 9:30 am
[OP]
Jun 19, 2007
185 posts
21 upvotes
Qu

[Amazon Canada] Invicta Automatic Pro Diver gold plated watch $75.26

Lowest price ever for this watch on amazon.ca, sells north of $130 on eBay, $120 US on jomashop. Great deal for an automatic watch, uses Seiko Japanese movement.

13 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
1354 posts
792 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Invicta,. :facepalm:
- 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
- Rogers $99 VIP Cable + 4K PVR + Gigabit Internet
- Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
May 26, 2014
132 posts
116 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
Oh LAWD that's gaudy.

I have the normal looking version. I adore it but it recently started running minutes fast on the hour and one of the hour markers fell off and is rattling about in the case. I've been wearing it a little over two years on and off. The movement is supposedly bulletproof though, so maybe I magnetized it somehow.

The N35A movement has hacking seconds and hand winds, which is great.
[OP]
Jun 19, 2007
185 posts
21 upvotes
Qu
cheapshopper wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 9:48 pm
Invicta,. :facepalm:
I figured that would be the first comment. (-‸ლ)
Sep 15, 2015
529 posts
429 upvotes
Abbotsford
The warranty is not worth it, as you have to pay shipping there and back in usd.
There must be cheaper bling watches out there
Deal Guru
Sep 3, 2003
11975 posts
290 upvotes
Toronto
This is one of those products where the answer to the first question is always no. You generally don't want to be associated with that.

"Is that a Rolex Submariner?"
"No"

Being a watch nerd involves being deep in the rabbit hole. If you want to get into mechanical timepieces for whatever reason, and don't have a ton of money to spend, pick up an automatic Seiko5 for about the same money. They're simple, durable, honest about what they are, and way more legit to somebody who knows their watches (if you care about that sort of thing).
Deal with it.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
6082 posts
1846 upvotes
Toronto
I remember these used to be $1000 MSRP, happy Amazon cracked down on their shinanigans.
[OP]
Jun 19, 2007
185 posts
21 upvotes
Qu
KorruptioN wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 10:18 pm
This is one of those products where the answer to the first question is always no. You generally don't want to be associated with that.

"Is that a Rolex Submariner?"
"No"

Being a watch nerd involves being deep in the rabbit hole. If you want to get into mechanical timepieces for whatever reason, and don't have a ton of money to spend, pick up an automatic Seiko5 for about the same money. They're simple, durable, honest about what they are, and way more legit to somebody who knows their watches (if you care about that sort of thing).
I totally get and appreciate your point, but isn't still a deal at this price for what it is? Isn't this a deal forum?

This for $150 or for $75, this for $75 or $100-150 for a quartz fashion watch?
Jan 19, 2019
1 posts
Stuhrling is a better name watch for lower level watches around same price as this Invicta.
Images
  • 15480417497321066866713.jpg
Deal Addict
May 11, 2009
4202 posts
1151 upvotes
Debtario
This is the gold cousin to the 8926, though technically the raised numerals and the flattened facets on the bezel make this more of a bastardized Yacht Master than a direct Sub homage. Not sure how durable the gold plating is as I do not own this specific model, but that would be my greatest concern if you intend to wear this daily.

Solid movement in these, greater bang for your buck than most Seiko 5 watches at the same price unless you can get a Seiko 5 with a 4R35/4R36. The brand may be garbage, but if you take this watch on its own technical merits it's quite decent for what you get. Also a great mod platform and movement donor if you wish to tinker with automatics or upgrade your non hacking/handwiding Seiko, plenty of youtube videos on how to strip and reassemble these movements - lots of tiny screws, plates and gears, it's amazing how they can make money on something this complex at this price.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Guru
Sep 3, 2003
11975 posts
290 upvotes
Toronto
myogui wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 10:34 pm
I totally get and appreciate your point, but isn't still a deal at this price for what it is? Isn't this a deal forum?

This for $150 or for $75, this for $75 or $100-150 for a quartz fashion watch?
It's only a "deal" if you believe in Invicta's usual pricing strategy.

"Cheap watch, originally priced at $1,000... on sale for $100! That's 90% off! HOT DEAL!"

Buy a Citizen EcoDrive if an automatic mechanical watch doesn't fit into your lifestyle. Great value and quality for the price.

But yeah, I forgot about the mod market for these types of watches. I guess if you needed a decent base to start on.
Deal with it.
Dec 21, 2018
10 posts
2 upvotes
Invicta is pretty bad comparable with Mvmt or Daniel Wellington.
Just buy a Seiko, Orient or Citizen
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
1769 posts
602 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Damn! I need one for each wrist!!!
Aug 25, 2011
86 posts
21 upvotes
LACHINE
I was recently on a cruise where they were selling Invicta watches for 80% off which still put the watches at like 200$ each lol... Most weren't automatic.

That being said, I have the 8928OB that picked up from Amazon at the same price as the OP and I wear it once and a while. This is not haute horlogerie, but it's a fun watch that you shouldn't take too seriously anyways.