Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Jabra Elite Active 65T $177 - 8% Ebates

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2019 6:29 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jr. Member
Jan 1, 2008
120 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Jabra Elite Active 65T $177 - 8% Ebates

Amazon edition but I think it's just the color way difference from regular version. With ebates it's under $165. Warm at least.
Last edited by TomRFD on Jan 16th, 2019 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer to Amazon Canada
21 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3611 posts
255 upvotes
Were these the ones that were $129 about a week ago at the source?

I waited too long to pull the trigger and missed it. Cant buy them now at $165
Newbie
Sep 4, 2018
35 posts
8 upvotes
Bought them for about that price back in November. They're worth it.

I have never seen the Elite Active at $129 but I may have missed it.
Sr. Member
Aug 25, 2008
547 posts
121 upvotes
Montreal
That was the non-active version. I believe that the Active version is only available at Bestbuy and Amazon and they never been lower than that.
Electricute wrote: Were these the ones that were $129 about a week ago at the source?

I waited too long to pull the trigger and missed it. Cant buy them now at $165
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 30, 2004
4015 posts
492 upvotes
Toronto
dsquared27 wrote: That was the non-active version. I believe that the Active version is only available at Bestbuy and Amazon and they never been lower than that.
Staples has it, it was $179.99during boxing week and I could bring it down to $155 with a $25 off $150 coupon, but I didn’t, a little bit regret as I need them while taking the subway. Wait for better deal, hopefully soon.
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Sr. Member
Jul 7, 2009
712 posts
334 upvotes
What does "Active" means? Active noise cancellation?
Member
Oct 5, 2008
489 posts
444 upvotes
GTA
number17 wrote: What does "Active" means? Active noise cancellation?
I think it means sweat-proof.
Member
Nov 8, 2007
445 posts
36 upvotes
Ottawa
Same ones as the source. I bought one pair and they were decent. The wireless ear bud market is over priced and these have been on perm. sale at $165 so much its really the regular price. The $129 sale will be back sooner then later.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 2, 2012
1357 posts
1945 upvotes
number17 wrote: What does "Active" means? Active noise cancellation?
The only difference between the Elite 65t and the Elite Active 65t is the IP rating.

Elite 65t = IP55
Elite Active 65t = IP56

Both will be completely fine against sweat, etc. (and Jabra provides a 2 year warranty against sweat damage anyway if you register your buds).

IP55: Water projected by a nozzle against the enclosure from any direction shall have no harmful effect.
IP56: Water from heavy seas or water projected from jets shall not enter the machine in any harmful quantity.

If you really need that IP56 rating, then sure I guess, but for most people there's no real difference. The Elite 65t has a good IP rating for most uses and the price difference between them I don't think is worth it. Just pick up the Elite 65t when they go on sale again. I have the 65t, and use them outside in all weather conditions, and at the gym every day with no issues.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 20, 2016
1320 posts
874 upvotes
Toronto
sabataleie wrote: Bought them for about that price back in November. They're worth it.

I have never seen the Elite Active at $129 but I may have missed it.
dsquared27 wrote: That was the non-active version. I believe that the Active version is only available at Bestbuy and Amazon and they never been lower than that.
They had the Elite Sport for ~140, not sure how the Active 65T Compares to Elite Sport, but I would imagine the Sport is slightly better considering both MSRP?
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Member
Mar 14, 2013
314 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
I just bought these as well and I find them to be uncomfortable as they create a complete seal in your ear.
Jr. Member
Sep 29, 2018
153 posts
186 upvotes
neonic wrote: They had the Elite Sport for ~140, not sure how the Active 65T Compares to Elite Sport, but I would imagine the Sport is slightly better considering both MSRP?
Older tech though, 4.2 bluetooth only compared to 5.0 on the other two. Though if you go to the gym and need/want a tracker, Sport is the one for you.
Newbie
Sep 4, 2018
35 posts
8 upvotes
neonic wrote: They had the Elite Sport for ~140, not sure how the Active 65T Compares to Elite Sport, but I would imagine the Sport is slightly better considering both MSRP?
Go with the Elite Active if your phone is compatible Bluetooth 5.0. The difference is noticeable.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1187 posts
1157 upvotes
GTA
Babbsy wrote: Same ones as the source. I bought one pair and they were decent. The wireless ear bud market is over priced and these have been on perm. sale at $165 so much its really the regular price. The $129 sale will be back sooner then later.
You’re getting the models mixed up. The source doesn’t sell the ‘active’ model.

Top