Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Kicking Horse Coffee, Three Sisters, Medium Roast, Ground, 284 g $8.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 1st, 2017 12:34 pm
[OP]
Mar 12, 2016
627 posts
92 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Kicking Horse Coffee, Three Sisters, Medium Roast, Ground, 284 g $8.99

Love Kicking Horse Coffee.
I just found this three sisters medium roast coffee, the price downs to $8.99.
20 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
17237 posts
3597 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Watch out, the links are for ground coffee not beans.
Aug 9, 2006
887 posts
380 upvotes
Thunder Bay
BinaryJay wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 11:35 pm
Watch out, the links are for ground coffee not beans.
ALSO small bag. ...not a pound
/Definitely NOT a deal
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
2022 posts
853 upvotes
Ottawa
It can't be 50% off and STILL cost $8.99 for 284g, the reg price is probably inflated or it's not up to RFD's price guidelines LOL

Even when $12.99/454g still comes out cheaper than this.

At RFD we wait until a lb costs $9.99 OR LESS as it comes down to this level every few months, the last time it was $8.99 for 454g at Loblaws and $9.99 at Amazon.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
1053 posts
410 upvotes
Vancouver
$10.99 very often in any Safeway [beans, 1 pound] Even $9.99 in Super$tore on special...
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".
Apr 10, 2017
31 posts
4 upvotes
Only semi related but is there anywhere I can get my coffee beans ground *nicely* for free?

I plan to buy a Hario Skerton eventually but right now I'm using a Magic Bullet
Jul 21, 2005
101 posts
31 upvotes
A good price for kicking horse coffee is 9.99 / 454g which it goes on sale for frequently at RCSS and other grocery chains.
This price from Amazon is absolutely terrible.
Apr 8, 2015
317 posts
308 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
zolomskip wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 4:27 am
Only semi related but is there anywhere I can get my coffee beans ground *nicely* for free?

I plan to buy a Hario Skerton eventually but right now I'm using a Magic Bullet
Check with your local coffee grinder internships.
Apr 12, 2013
183 posts
110 upvotes
Fernie
So much hate and missing the point: this is a reasonable deal on GROUND coffee, especially as many are now down to $7.99/10oz (that's $12.80 a pound, ground). I like the smaller bags as I can have a few selections on the go and not worry about fading flavours. Of course a TRUE RFD'er would be on subscribe and save at $6.79! ($10.88 a pound).

Though Gumby is spot on: some of the RRP's must have been created after a dozen mugs of kick ass!

Here's the full list: https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=bl_dp_s_web ... rse+Coffee
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2047 posts
1121 upvotes
Toronto, ON
AndrewBond wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 10:45 am
So much hate and missing the point: this is a reasonable deal on GROUND coffee, especially as many are now down to $7.99/10oz (that's $12.80 a pound, ground). I like the smaller bags as I can have a few selections on the go and not worry about fading flavours. Of course a TRUE RFD'er would be on subscribe and save at $6.79! ($10.88 a pound).

Though Gumby is spot on: some of the RRP's must have been created after a dozen mugs of kick ass!

Here's the full list: https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=bl_dp_s_web ... rse+Coffee
Nah, no hate involved. Just don't agree that $9 is a good price for a half pound of pre-staled coffee when a full pound of beans is frequently only a couple bucks more.
I think an example of missing the point would be saying that small bags of ground coffee are better because they don't go stale as fast, while complaining about people preferring whole bean.
May 13, 2007
19 posts
5 upvotes
Lake of the Woods
I buy Level Ground coffee for $9.20/lb (5lb box) anytime. When one buys $90.00 or more you get FREE shipping anywhere in Canada.
It's fair trade & organic & whole bean (or ground). Typically I'll buy Tanzania 2 x 5lb box for $92.00 with free shipping. Always fresh, and always arrives in less than a week to me from Victoria, BC. I consume ~ 1 box/month. Costco sells a 904 gm( ?) bag for slightly better deal, but one can't count on inventory all the time. Each store orders separately. So now I don't bother looking anywhere else as this coffee is great. Highly recommend trying them out.
Feb 2, 2014
242 posts
164 upvotes
Toronto
Kicking Horse ground coffee is frequently on sale for around 9 bucks, but it's certainly fine coffee and there's no harm in getting this if you have Prime and can have it shipped free.
Deal Guru
Dec 12, 2009
12822 posts
2797 upvotes
Toronto
At this price, I might as well drink my coffee at starbucks and save some money in the process.
Jul 4, 2015
757 posts
171 upvotes
All the haters should leave this thread. If you're like me who buys Coffee from Amazon with his prime membership, and usually kicking horse, this is a good price. It's normally $10.49, so if you buy every 2 weeks, like I do. You save $4.
Dec 24, 2011
525 posts
84 upvotes
tooluser wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 7:45 pm
I buy Level Ground coffee for $9.20/lb (5lb box) anytime. When one buys $90.00 or more you get FREE shipping anywhere in Canada.
It's fair trade & organic & whole bean (or ground). Typically I'll buy Tanzania 2 x 5lb box for $92.00 with free shipping. Always fresh, and always arrives in less than a week to me from Victoria, BC. I consume ~ 1 box/month. Costco sells a 904 gm( ?) bag for slightly better deal, but one can't count on inventory all the time. Each store orders separately. So now I don't bother looking anywhere else as this coffee is great. Highly recommend trying them out.
I've actually talked to the owner of the company, it's outstanding what they've given to the locals they buy from. The company physically goes to the country, find small-scale farmers who lack opportunity and present them with a life changing one. A lot of people think of free trade and fair trade as the same, but they're not.

Plus, they make damn good coffee at a reasonable price.