• Dec 11th, 2017 10:03 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2006
1368 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon Canada] Kitchenaid KSMPRA 3-Piece Pasta Roller & Cutter Attachment Set

Been keeping an eye out for this attachment set as I just bought the stand mixer. Excellent price for this attachment set and significantly cheaper than all of the other retailers that also carry it (even after factoring in the $30 mail in rebate).
I take pictures of stuff ; flickr
20 replies
Oct 10, 2011
28 posts
22 upvotes
This is actually a very good deal, I was thinking about picking it up after seeing your post... then thought better of it considering I dont have a stand mixer *yet*
Apr 22, 2017
76 posts
73 upvotes
Thanks OP! Was looking at this the other day, when the price was much much higher!
Dec 3, 2007
876 posts
193 upvotes
xnim44x wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 1:00 pm
This is actually a very good deal, I was thinking about picking it up after seeing your post... then thought better of it considering I dont have a stand mixer *yet*
I had most of my attachments before I had my mixer. When they went on sale for a crazy price at Futureshop or Amazon, I bought them. I had some of them a more than a year before I got the actual stand mixer.
Oct 10, 2011
28 posts
22 upvotes
Ferkner wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 3:58 pm
I had most of my attachments before I had my mixer. When they went on sale for a crazy price at Futureshop or Amazon, I bought them. I had some of them a more than a year before I got the actual stand mixer.
cool- sortof my plan too, haven't been following pricing for this stuff at all so not sure if this is a buy now think later thing
Dec 23, 2010
29 posts
9 upvotes
xnim44x wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 6:54 pm
cool- sortof my plan too, haven't been following pricing for this stuff at all so not sure if this is a buy now think later thing
buy now, think later.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
1808 posts
700 upvotes
GTA
xtothel wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 6:58 pm
buy now, think later.
WRONG!
That's impulsive buying. Just think how many people here buy stuff, that they never use. Just because the deal is too good to pass. If you make home made pasta every week, than OK, buy the set. But honestly how many people make pasta at home? All the mess, when you can buy pack for around 1 buck? And over time you just keep accumulating stuff you never use, and it ends up at Value Village or dumpster.
Dec 18, 2005
318 posts
122 upvotes
Montreal
superock wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 11:53 am
Been keeping an eye out for this attachment set as I just bought the stand mixer. Excellent price for this attachment set and significantly cheaper than all of the other retailers that also carry it (even after factoring in the $30 mail in rebate).
The mail in rebate should also be applicable, though, right? The only exclusion appears to be purchases from Best Buy. So, there should be an additional 30$ off, making this an even better deal!

https://www.kitchenaidpromos.ca/promotions
Oct 10, 2011
28 posts
22 upvotes
Tommy74 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 7:09 pm
WRONG!
That's impulsive buying. Just think how many people here buy stuff, that they never use. Just because the deal is too good to pass. If you make home made pasta every week, than OK, buy the set. But honestly how many people make pasta at home? All the mess, when you can buy pack for around 1 buck? And over time you just keep accumulating stuff you never use, and it ends up at Value Village or dumpster.
LOL so true for a lot of deals

placed an order anyways... plan on getting a stand mixer anyways... and didnt realize originally that it qualifies for the the $30 MIR... 137.99 taxes in

the pasta roller can be used for making other stuff too (dumplings etc) and due to dietary allergies + avoidances in family well worth it as we havent been purchasing most store bought stuff and eating out
Dec 30, 2006
477 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
I've had this set for 5 years now. I've used it at least 1-2 times per month ( would use it more, but health reasons). It's amazing. Yes it is much easier to just buy pasta. But I pretty much refuse to eat dried pasta anymore. This is a great price as I believe I paid close to 200$ for it when I bought it years ago.

Get this, and some semolina or 00 flour ( I prefer a mix of the two) and you won't regret it!!
Nov 20, 2006
231 posts
100 upvotes
Thanks, OP. I've been waiting for it to be on sale for some time now.
Thanks for the mail-in rebate link, dhomas. It will be an even sweeter deal if it qualifies for the $30 rebate.
Dec 3, 2007
876 posts
193 upvotes
tyrrell wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 7:42 pm
Get this, and some semolina or 00 flour ( I prefer a mix of the two) and you won't regret it!!
I have both after bringing back some 00 flour from Italy in September. I will definitely give this a try.
Dec 30, 2006
477 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
Ferkner wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:26 pm
I have both after bringing back some 00 flour from Italy in September. I will definitely give this a try.
Almost all places carry 00 flour now. I even see that PC has added it to their "Black Label" line. Semolina can be harder to find. Most Italian grocers should have it. Even just regular flour will make much better pasta than dried
Dec 6, 2012
422 posts
210 upvotes
North
Price has jumped up to $180.94 :-(
2013 - 7 Wins - $6850 - Trip to NC/Drove NASCAR
2014 - 4 Wins - $525
Dec 3, 2007
876 posts
193 upvotes
tyrrell wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:29 pm
Almost all places carry 00 flour now. I even see that PC has added it to their "Black Label" line. Semolina can be harder to find. Most Italian grocers should have it. Even just regular flour will make much better pasta than dried
The Black Label stuff is expensive. I brought back two 1kg bags that I bought for 99 cents each.

Semolina isn't hard to find. The most common one I see is from Unico in small bags. But I also get mine at Bulk Barn because I use it a lot for pizza.