Tags:
None
Feb 25, 2012
288 posts
56 upvotes
MONTR
funkdoobi wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 12:54 am
No one is going to take your opinion of the sound quality of headphones due to your past comments. So basically you went from Beats by Dre to posting a headphone link for a company 50 Cent endorsed at one point.

they can read the review and for sure will take opinion on that trusty website instead of a no name like you
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
2110 posts
642 upvotes
Victoria
Noel Lee is a scam artist and I wouldn't touch anything that has to do with his bloodline. Or yours, for that matter.
Feb 25, 2012
288 posts
56 upvotes
MONTR
cooper83 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 1:29 am
Noel Lee is a scam artist and I wouldn't touch anything that has to do with his bloodline. Or yours, for that matter.
I couldn't care less, go get your porta pro no name
Feb 23, 2010
387 posts
117 upvotes
EDMONTON
babouche wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 1:34 am
I couldn't care less, go get your porta pro no name
You should mosey over to head-fi.org and post: "What sounds better,Beats by Dre or Koss Porta Pro?" One reviewer who reviews for money could be bought or otherwise coerced. The internet does not lie.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2011
2485 posts
180 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
Wow first time seeing an actual Beats-bashing thread on rfd. I've yet to listen to the PortaPros, but I've listened to the entire original Beats line, and most of them are pretty bad.

That's not to say that Koss shouldn't step up its game, either. With the exception of a few headphones, most of them are known to be crap. I've listened to the KSC75s and own the TBSE1s, and find them to be decent. There's one guy on head-fi who insists that the R/80s sound better than the DJ100s, though not many people have tried them out yet.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2011
2485 posts
180 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
babouche wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 12:21 am
by the way I know this is not a on ear/over the ear but earbuds, but I went to Futureshop today and saw the SOL republic Amps HD on sale from 99.99 down to 49.99$, amps regular were discounted from 49.99$ to 29.99$

they sound pretty good(better than the porta) and look a lot better
BTW SOL's CEO is Noel Lee's son (Noel Lee is Monster's CEO)

you can read a detailed review here:

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/blog/2 ... headphones
Does Tyll know that his name is being used here?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2012
1797 posts
362 upvotes
soulchief wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 11:18 pm
At least "poor people" have a high enough IQ to know Beats are overpriced plastic with the sound quality of $20 headphones.
Not true, the beats pro actually sound pretty good (just not for $450)
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2011
2485 posts
180 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
plebeian wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 5:28 am
Not true, the beats pro actually sound pretty good (just not for $450)
They're not that good. Somewhat acceptable, but frankly there are $100 headphones that outperform it.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
5516 posts
357 upvotes
Toronto
Truly an amazing thread which appears to demonstrate the power of marketing and the victory of appearance over performance. I won't say what headphones I use but my choice was made primarily on reading a few reviews, reviewing some, listening to a few selected pieces of music on my shortlist, trying them on for comfort and then making my choice. How they appeared to others never even occurred to me!

Koss has been a family-owned, well regarded headphone manufacturer since the '50's. Their reputation suffered, I believe, with their diversification into consumer electronics products and there was some financial trouble a few years ago as well. They also have a long standing arrangement with Radio Shack (which may extend to The Source).
Dec 28, 2012
8 posts
VANCOUVER
I am shocked that 4 pages does nothing to discuss the product. If the moronic chatter was gone, there ill be about 4 posts.
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
11444 posts
788 upvotes
Mississauga
cooper83 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 10:53 pm
It shows how awesome your logic and grammar is.

You "heard" them and they're ugly. Makes sense.

Design team? The design hasn't changed since they were originally released decades ago. Some people care about sound more than looks. I, for one, love the design.

Don't comment on things you don't understand. And use spellcheck next time; it's difficult to respect your opinion with a complete lack of punctuation.
In all fairness, that could also mean that design team didn't update the design based on yesteryear's technology. They could use the same technical specs and update the design to compete with the beats, sennn and pioneers of 2012.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2009
2003 posts
531 upvotes
MTL
Jimbobs wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 11:11 am
Truly an amazing thread which appears to demonstrate the power of marketing and the victory of appearance over performance.
Err... victory? This whole thread has been pretty much the Beats beatdown. When the heck did they win? :confused:
spendtosave wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 11:45 am
I am shocked that 4 pages does nothing to discuss the product. If the moronic chatter was gone, there ill be about 4 posts.
http://reviews.cnet.com/4504-4_7-0.html ... d=33192353

Note the lack of stars on the Beats...
weedb0y wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 12:09 pm
In all fairness, that could also mean that design team didn't update the design based on yesteryear's technology. They could use the same technical specs and update the design to compete with the beats, sennn and pioneers of 2012.
When their target market is the older people who have much more money, why would they change it?

Also, how long a company has been in business makes a difference:
Koss: Founded in 1953.
Beats Electronics: Founded in 2006, first Beats by Dre product debuted in 2008.
Platronics: Founded in 1961.
Sennheiser: Founded in 1945.
Shure: Founded in 1925.

I think I know which one I would NOT be picking...
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
2497 posts
216 upvotes
Stick with the Bose QC15. Nuff said.
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
Mar 16, 2008
316 posts
20 upvotes
Spectre wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 12:08 am
Thanks, man. Too bad Canada Computers is back ordered and the Source doesn't carry them. Guess I have to go the Ebay route, but I know these Portpros will sound great - all the reviews and owner feedback rave about them. Plus you can't beat the lifetime replacement warranty. Thanks again!
Or you can get mine for $35 :) . They are pretty much new. I have not gotten around to posting them on RFD in elec section but they are posted on Toronto Craig's List (the only PortaPro currently available). Don't mean to hijack the thread, if interested you can PM me :)
× < >