• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2013 5:19 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 23, 2008
559 posts
244 upvotes
Airdrie
So, are the OP listed phones any good? I have KSC75s, and they're great, but I'd be into some equally good sounding, lower priced closed phones.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2012
1797 posts
361 upvotes
mrsamsa wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 4:30 pm
So, are the OP listed phones any good? I have KSC75s, and they're great, but I'd be into some equally good sounding, lower priced closed phones.
Never heard the OP phones so I cant say...

Other cheap closed cans to consider are

the monoprice 8323 you might like them $20 from monoprice figure in shipping and you are looking at 30$

Or get the sennheiser hd 202 they are on amazon.ca for $37
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2004
3457 posts
402 upvotes
mrsamsa wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 4:30 pm

That part did get lost in this thread didn't it. There doesn't seem to be much about them but I did find this about the headphones in the OP by searching google..

Koss UR-50 vs Sennheiser HD 419.. http://headphones.com.au/forums/viewtop ... f=2&t=6946

Here's what he said about the Koss UR50 if you don't want to read the entire thing. :)
The Koss UR-50 has a very impressive bass response. It might take a bit of EQ or sound profile adjusting on your device, but it can easily get right down into the sub-bass frequencies if you want it to. It's mids are quite good - even in bass heavy vocals are easy to hear. I feel it's highs are on the lean side though, so I wouldn't go around listening to these for classical or jazz, but having said that they do only cost $90. You need to be spending double that to get nice highs, and more again to get really sparkly highs if that's what your after.

I wear glasses so comfort is quite important to me and something i'm picky about. These would have to be the most comfortable on-ear headphones i've tried - better than the Audio Technica ATH-ESW9, Beats by Dre Solo, Audio Technica WS70 (those are actually circumaural but i mention them here because for me they were uncomfortable), and much better than the Audio Technica ATH-ANC27, but probably on par with the Sony MDR-NC200D (all headphones I own buy the way). I can happily wear the Koss UR50's for a good hour or more before feeling a burning sensation in discomfort on my ears but unlike a lot of other models where this has happened to me, if I just take them off for a few seconds and readjust where they sit on my ears, the discomfort isn't a problem again straight away.

I can imagine that someone with a smaller head/ears would have no problem and find them quite comfy.
Apr 15, 2006
206 posts
27 upvotes
Maro15 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 4:18 pm
Or you can get mine for $35 :) . They are pretty much new. I have not gotten around to posting them on RFD in elec section but they are posted on Toronto Craig's List (the only PortaPro currently available). Don't mean to hijack the thread, if interested you can PM me :)
Thanks for the offer but I'm in BC.
Mar 23, 2008
559 posts
244 upvotes
Airdrie
Thanks Sheed30. Might be up my alley.
× < >