Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Lavazza Espresso Oro Coffee Beans, 1 Kg $18.97 (also at Walmart)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2018 9:38 am
[OP]
Oct 19, 2013
35 posts
35 upvotes
Montréal, QC

[Amazon Canada] Lavazza Espresso Oro Coffee Beans, 1 Kg $18.97 (also at Walmart)

Quality coffee beans

No subscribe and save at Amazon unfortunately but 5% off with subscription at Walmart

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lavazza-es ... 0145830623

https://www.amazon.ca/Lavazza-Espresso- ... B076BFK4LT
Last edited by TomRFD on Feb 13th, 2018 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: title edit
13 replies
Nov 18, 2012
701 posts
280 upvotes
Longueuil
ive always wondered how does that bag and the reg one compare with the more expensive smaller black lavazza bags(my go to coffee)
May 17, 2005
228 posts
16 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I've always wondered how you keep that much coffee fresh long enough to use it.
Jan 15, 2018
23 posts
37 upvotes
Those are beans they stay fresh much longer than ground coffee, easily kept for a month after opened. I drink around 3 espressos a day and find that I go through about 1.5kg of coffee per month. Of course when friends and family come over the count of espressos goes up.

To reply to someone else about the pricier lavazza beans.. It really comes down to personal preference. Personally I like the best the crema e aroma one followed by the black label. So price isn't always a guiding factor, however often times its indicative of the quality of the beans. In any case Lavazza is a well established brand and a pretty safe bet for decent coffee.

izzybear wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 12:23 pm
Jan 13, 2017
79 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
There's average espresso... Then there's Lavazza. No comparison to normal coffee. The Italians have nailed it with these coffee beans.

Also depends on the machine you're making it in as well... Etc.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
3902 posts
425 upvotes
Italian center in Edmonton carries loads of Italian brands and very good whole beans. Price varies a fair bit.

One has to ask how old they are if coming from amazon as a third party. I found coffee tasted best 1day after roasting with a oil slick on top but ymmv
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Mar 12, 2017
75 posts
32 upvotes
izzybear wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 12:23 pm
Freezer. Just put the whole bag in the freezer.
Apr 13, 2016
690 posts
422 upvotes
Choveu wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 12:30 am
Freezer. Just put the whole bag in the freezer.
Terrible advice...

This is one of the worst things you can do for coffee beans. The moisture in the freezer is not good for keeping your beans fresh.
Mar 12, 2017
75 posts
32 upvotes
snipzy wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 12:47 am
Terrible advice...

This is one of the worst things you can do for coffee beans. The moisture in the freezer is not good for keeping your beans fresh.
Well, I did not say keep the bag open in the freezer.
Any serious coffee brand will state in the package to keep it in the freezer after opened.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1070 posts
637 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I think you can easily find 1kg whole beans from Costco for around $16 - $18, no?
Aug 27, 2009
539 posts
296 upvotes
I like very strong coffee (drink it black). Would it be a terrible idea to buy this and use it in a french press?
Aug 29, 2009
353 posts
16 upvotes
Kitchener
Where would one buy more fresh coffee beans? Recently I've been going to bulk barn cause I can smell the individual flavour but I question how fresh is their beans. Are there other larger establishments where I can do the same?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
1565 posts
421 upvotes
Woodbridge
How does this compare to crema e aroma?
Apr 10, 2006
301 posts
100 upvotes
coolgod wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 9:10 am
Where would one buy more fresh coffee beans? Recently I've been going to bulk barn cause I can smell the individual flavour but I question how fresh is their beans. Are there other larger establishments where I can do the same?
There's quite a few places in Mississauga, Oakville, Toronto (as these are the locations I've looked around in). I've been to Cloud9 Coffee Roaster in Oakville and after trying out their coffee, it was an eye opener for me. Very smooth coffee and you can really taste the different notes in the coffee unlike when I buy the packaged ones.

From your signature, says you're in Kitchener. Here's what I found - https://www.google.ca/search?q=coffee+r ... GfXovclZgI

Before, with prepackaged beans, I have to set my ground settings to almost fine and fill the portafilter to the rim and I sometimes still can't get good pressure. With freshly roasted coffee, I have to dial back my grind setting and with just the right amount of coffee grinds, I immediately get excellent pressure and a very nice thick crema.