Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Lavazza Nespresso Original Capsules (Pack of 60) | $29.99 | In-stock on Dec-24

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2019 10:29 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2018
1575 posts
4117 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Amazon.ca] Lavazza Nespresso Original Capsules (Pack of 60) | $29.99 | In-stock on Dec-24

All Nespresso users know that the capsules can be a tad expensive and it's a bit hard to find alternatives.
The Lavazza ones are the highest-rated alternative Nespresso Original capsules I know of and I've been eyeing these capsules because I wanted to try them.

They're the deal of the day today, and also are the lowest price they've ever been on Amazon.

For reference, the original capsules range from Nespresso costs between ~80c-90c per capsule. These have just dropped to ~50c and they're usually at ~70c.
Oh, and the ones from PC cost ~60c IIRC.

In stock on December 24th

ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
8 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1274 posts
1454 upvotes
Surrey
Not knocking this deal or your post. Personally, I have tried a couple of these flavors before and was not impressed at all. To me they tasted terrible. Fairly weak and the full coffee taste and aroma wasn't there. I could tell when the shot started pouring from the smell of it.

Decent ones that I can drink are the PC branded ones. They are ok but the original nespresso pods can't be beat.

That being said, if these suit your taste buds, grab them. It's a great price. Everyone has different tastes. For me I will stick with the PC and nespresso branded ones.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
1534 posts
2211 upvotes
Montreal
michelangelo88 wrote: All Nespresso users know that the capsules can be a tad expensive and it's a bit hard to find alternatives.
The Lavazza ones are the highest-rated alternative Nespresso Original capsules I know of and I've been eyeing these capsules because I wanted to try them.

They're the deal of the day today, and also are the lowest price they've ever been on Amazon.

For reference, the original capsules range from Nespresso costs between ~80c-90c per capsule. These have just dropped to ~50c and they're usually at ~70c.
Oh, and the ones from PC cost ~60c IIRC.

In stock on December 24th

Already sold out?
May 3, 2018
68 posts
69 upvotes
These are plastic capsules with foil seal, so recycling is a pain and there may be possible leakage of undesirable chemicals from the plastic into the high temperature and high pressure water. Note that the original Nespresso capsules are all aluminium.

Separately looking at the reviews, many people report that the Lavazza capsules are not as densely packed with coffee, as alternatives are, resulting in weak coffee/espresso.
Sep 26, 2019
139 posts
254 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I've tried Nespresso, Agga, Lavazza, SO, Caffitaly, and house brands from Provigo (PC) and Metro (Irresistibles).

Have also had espresso made by a family member using their Rancilio Silvia (modified with a PID) and fresh-ground coffee. All of the capsule-based products fall well short of it. Comparing one brand of capsule to another is an exercise in finding the least mediocre of what's offered.

Metro's house brand appears to be made by Agga. I say that because their capsules have the same tendency to occasionally de-laminate and leave their foil lid stuck to the inside of the machine. The coffee names are almost identical and so is their taste.

Other than that issue, the rest is a matter of taste. I lean towards the ones with a more pronounced flavor and have found most brands (but not all) have something worth trying. For Lavazza, I like their Deciso; the other flavors are less interesting to me.

As for "possible leakage of undesirable chemicals from plastic", don't overlook the fact the coffee machine itself is constructed with plastic tubing and other parts through which the hot water passes through on its way to the plastic capsule. If there's a concern about potential leaching of "plastics" into your shot, you may want to take a pass on the entire category of capsule-based machines (and most consumer espresso machines in general!).

In addition, the coffee you ingest is a smorgasbord of unfamiliar words (including known carcinogens) so 'hot-water through plastic' shouldn't be one's main concern. FWIW, a substance's toxicity is a question of dose.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3978 posts
4234 upvotes
I had these before, they taste bad. I was so disappointed because Lavazza's coffee is usually good
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2017
1119 posts
847 upvotes
Westmount, QC
jumperson22 wrote: How about these ones?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06XS9 ... S357&psc=1

I've heard of people on various RFD threads mention this one is pretty good. I have yet to try myself as I'm still working off of my original purchase of 250 capsule starter kit which included the free cups.
delicitaly is my favorite non-nespresso brand.
Sep 26, 2019
139 posts
254 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I overlooked to mention that a single box of ten capsules of Lavazza is often reduced to $5.50 or $5.00 at Metro (i.e. 50-55 cents a shot). That's an inexpensive way to sample their product and decide if it's worthwhile to go all-in with 60 of them.

... and if you're a fan of the Deciso flavor, 60 capsules are currently priced at 24.99
Screenshot from 2019-12-18 22-25-48.png

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)