Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Lay's Classic Chips - $5.82 (83% off) [Temporarily out of stock]

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2018 10:39 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
15573 posts
20011 upvotes
ONTARIO

[Amazon Canada] Lay's Classic Chips - $5.82 (83% off) [Temporarily out of stock]

So this is out of stock, but they are allowing you to order it still. $5.82 marked down from $34.87 (83% off).

It does look like you're only ordering one bag, but the shipping weight is listed at 8.9kg in size. That's nearly 20lbs. So it makes me think it's actually for a large box. Which would make the $5.82 price really good and makes the original $35 price tag actually make sense.

https://www.amazon.ca/Lays-Classis-Chip ... 71&sr=1-29

31 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
1315 posts
1057 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone who likes plain lays must either be the most boring person on the planet or the most easily pleased person on the planet :D
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1069 posts
236 upvotes
BC
holy how many bags would be in this order?!
Sep 24, 2002
118 posts
1 upvote
works out to ~167 bags? A friend from Mexico actually loves these with hot sauce... I don't get it, but hey, might be worth a go. Interesting find!
Feb 8, 2009
105 posts
42 upvotes
Calgary
Good chips for dips and such, bought a few. We'll see if they ship. Thx op
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
4092 posts
4232 upvotes
Actually, I have seen couple of times Amazon reduces the quantities for some products without using the new ASIN number. Sometimes they even use the old ASIN for a completely new product. Theoretically, Amazon staffs shouldn't do this because they have the "Buy again" button under the order. What if the customer just press this button and didn't even look at the product description again. The customer will likely get a surprise package in this case.

To answer why the shipping weight is incorrect. According to the CSR from Amazon, the shipping weight is handled by the shipping department while the product information is handled by the category department, that's why sometimes there is inconsistency.

However, there is still chance of error for this product listing as you don't know which part is incorrect right now. Good luck to the people who place the order. If you really get the big box of chips, then consider to donate some to food bank before the expiry date.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1256 posts
534 upvotes
montreal
This is interesting, but it is a long shot...

Weight is off.
But doesn't match a 12 pak.

Size match a single bag.

Asin cannot br found on amazon.com for comparison.

Ccc has no price history.

User lcmt might have already warn amazon cs about the weight mismatch of this specific item (depending on hiw he asked the question).
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2001
2753 posts
184 upvotes
Brantford
So, I say order it, and let the chips fall where they may...
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1256 posts
534 upvotes
montreal
cannon_fodder wrote:
Jun 15th, 2018 5:19 am
So, I say order it, and let the chips fall where they may...
If it would have been salt n vinegar, I would take my chances... But receiving a load sh...t of plain flavor bags...
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
1038 posts
756 upvotes
I feel a different way. plain chips are made to eat with dips and the flavoured one well you're stuck with one flavor for a entire box possibly
but also these have a expiry date and unless you planned to throw a big party this summer (a plain one too) or to just gain a few extra pounds they might go bad.
Last edited by waven101 on Jun 15th, 2018 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
4092 posts
4232 upvotes
No, I didn't contact Amazon CSR. I encounter this type of mismatch problem in the past many times and CSR told me the reason. Even the product with proper listing, you may end up getting more or less than you should receive. It is very hard to judge where is the error sometimes. There is also another situation when some customers can receive one big box , but some customer will only receive one single pack. When information is handling with different department/teams, it is very easy to get inconsistency data.
superbigjay wrote:
Jun 15th, 2018 5:05 am
This is interesting, but it is a long shot...

Weight is off.
But doesn't match a 12 pak.

Size match a single bag.

Asin cannot br found on amazon.com for comparison.

Ccc has no price history.

User lcmt might have already warn amazon cs about the weight mismatch of this specific item (depending on hiw he asked the question).
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
1666 posts
637 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Q: How many bags and how many grams each?
Answer this question

A: Hi :)

Lol believe it or not i’m still waiting on my order from last year to find out myself.

Interesting Thinking Face
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1256 posts
534 upvotes
montreal
lcmt wrote:
Jun 15th, 2018 5:56 am
No, I didn't contact Amazon CSR. I encounter this type of mismatch problem in the past many times and CSR told me the reason. Even the product with proper listing, you may end up getting more or less than you should receive. It is very hard to judge where is the error sometimes. There is also another situation when some customers can receive one big box , but some customer will only receive one single pack. When information is handling with different department/teams, it is very easy to get inconsistency data.
Thanks for the clarification.
And I totally agree with you.

When you see these possible errors. it is sometimes worth taking the risk.
Unfortunately for my ... I really don't like the plain flavor.
So risking getting multiple bags in my case ... wouldn't be really appreciated.

PS:
On the other hand, my wife REALLY likes plain chips with dips as Brobie mentioned ... and this is another reason for me not to try my luck with it as I don't want my wife to become super-size!!!

PPS:
Honey, if you read this, please disregard the previous "PS".

PPPS:
Never mind, my wife doesn't read this forum.
In fact. if she knew how to setup the router, she would probably block this site, as she thinks I am spending to much time on it !!!
;-)
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
1666 posts
637 upvotes
Toronto, ON
So if you order it, and get 1 bag shipped, can you ask for a 5$ credit, as the bag did not weight 9 kgs?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)