Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Amazon Canada] amazon.ca: Le Pan TC 970 9.7-Inch Android Tablet ($90)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2014 10:59 pm
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
17768 posts
8884 upvotes
Kitchener

[Amazon Canada] amazon.ca: Le Pan TC 970 9.7-Inch Android Tablet ($90)

Updated 07/26/13: $90

[IMG]http://images.highspeedbackbone.net/SKU ... at1-dw.jpg[/IMG]

$90 SHIPPED @ Amazon.ca (remember to go through airmiles).
$280 + shipping @ Newegg.ca
$180 SHIPPED @ Amazon.com

Le Pan TC 970 9.7" Multi-Touch Android Tablet
The Le Pan TC 970 9.7" Multi-Touch Android Tablet is built for Android 2.2, powered by the ARM Cortex A8 1.0GHz processor with a brilliant Capacitive 9.7-inch Multi-Touch Screen. This Le Pan TC 970 9.7" Multi-Touch Android Tablet combines the power of a notebook PC with the mobility of a smartphone to create the ultimate technology companion. Built for the Android 2.2 operating system, this versatile device allows constant access to the web with built-in 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi and can be customized in virtually unlimited ways through thousands of Android apps available online. Power and speed are key features, but equally impressive is the E-Compass Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, 3D G-Sensor, Built-in GPS Module, Built in 2.0MP Webcam, and Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR. Enjoy your favorite movies, music, or games on the go and never worry about power - with up to 7 hours of video playback time, this affordable tablet will probably outlast you!

- Product page.
- Latest firmware.
- Unofficial forums: lepan life
- Rooting.
- ICS/CM9 development
- Review.
- Top root apps (Thanks ProBoner)
- Stuck power button fix.

A special dedication for all of you "Chinese-no-name-trash-tablets" posters out there :facepalm: :facepalm:
moin.g4 wrote:
Dec 10th, 2011 7:46 pm
Hey guys, join this group on XDA for Le Pan discussion: http://forum.xda-developers.com/group.php?groupid=526 (100 members so far)

We're trying to get our own forum on XDA so that we gain popularity amongst modders and hopefully see some CyanogenMod 7/9 in the near future :) Please vote for Le Pan by replying with "+1 Le Pan TC 970" in the following thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1301121
I don't have the tablet yet I joined the group and voted in the thread, please support your fellow RFD'ers ;)
1950 replies
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1292 posts
1316 upvotes
Halifax
great tablet.

If you consider price, size, useability and Android, I have no issues saying this easily competes with the Ipad. I would say better than the Ipad and in many ways as good as the Ipad 2. Especially the screen ( the same as the ipad2 ). Has GPS too!

With all the cr*p out there and Kijiji and other 'deal' places offering slow unresponsive resistive knockoffs for $140, this is no where near that. This tablet, IMHO, belongs in the same tier as the HP touch, Playbook, and Ipad.

You will not be disappointed with this tablet.
Banned
Jul 8, 2011
2945 posts
466 upvotes
Although it looks good for the price, no back-mounted camera + only 2GB of internal storage make it a tough sell. I am in the market for a cheap Android tablet, but I think I'll wait to see if the rumors are true and how the Transformer/Iconia pans out.
-
Waiting for something good
Dec 19, 2007
580 posts
30 upvotes
Markham
Seriously thinking about getting one, although I don't need one. :o
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2005
1659 posts
257 upvotes
DaWinman wrote:
Nov 21st, 2011 8:54 am
Although it looks good for the price, no back-mounted camera + only 2GB of internal storage make it a tough sell. I am in the market for a cheap Android tablet, but I think I'll wait to see if the rumors are true and how the Transformer/Iconia pans out.

US Bestbuy has the Transformer for $249 and Iconia A100 8GB for $189 for Black Friday
Oct 23, 2007
796 posts
95 upvotes
These Tablet's prices are going to the right direction. Apple will probably never follow suit though.

I'm very interested in the LePan not only because of the price, but because of the name :p
Aug 21, 2009
149 posts
26 upvotes
I bought one last month for 238.
Now the price is even better.
May 3, 2007
634 posts
151 upvotes
The reviews on Amazon state this is not upgradable beyond Froyo 2.2.
That's a shame or it would be a super deal.
Sep 15, 2006
80 posts
4 upvotes
This will be perfect for the wife this Xmas.

Thanks!

:)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
8185 posts
1354 upvotes
Winnipeg
hymm is this the rockchip with a8.???

nice screen and res, I still feel rim/playbook dropping to 199 will force all these down.Couple with the quad cores coming. I think were seeing some tab's riding the rim here.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
8185 posts
1354 upvotes
Winnipeg
Subarunyon wrote:
Nov 21st, 2011 9:44 am
These Tablet's prices are going to the right direction. Apple will probably never follow suit though.

I'm very interested in the LePan not only because of the price, but because of the name :p

Nothing yet comes close to the Ainol. Thats marketing genius when it comes to naming.Well atleast untill the Vaigina tablets appear.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1016 posts
232 upvotes
Montreal
Great deal, thanks OP.

I'd buy it for my parents; do you know if we can easily switch the OS & Apps to french?
Jul 22, 2008
110 posts
23 upvotes
The oft-discussed LePan tablet is on sale this week from Amazon for $169, from all the discussion and reviews this is a pretty solid Android 2.2 tablet, at $169 it is a fantastic deal.
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/ref=pe_ ... B004PGMFG2

4 stars from amazon.ca reviewers (28 reviews).
4.5 from amazon.com (79 reviews)

It is currently ~$199 on several US sites.

Note that ist is only 2GB internal storage, but microSD expandable to 32 GB